JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Three Privileges of Believers

• 2 weeks later...
Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encourage your faith?

(Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others?

Called (by God),

Loved by God the Father, and

Kept by Jesus Christ.

Wow, this is a hard one for me. . . I would have to say that in different seasons of my life different privileges take the forefront for me. However, at this particular time in my life I would have to say being,

Although, all are special, the one that touches me at this time , is that I have

been CALLED . I was a personal work of the Holy Spirit-God is the suitor.

When I consider the numbers that will be lost, I wonder why or what is it about me that God would show His love toward me. God chose me before the foundation of the world that I would come into His presence.

It's special for many reasons, but especially to see that I have been called aside to be pure and holy , separated from the depravity of this world to be

prepared for the New Jerusalem.

1a.) (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others?

1a.) Love - agape; self giving love.

1b.) (Jude 1) Why is it so special to you?

1b.) Thorough that love, the other two naturally flow.

1a.) (Jude 1) How does it encourage your faith?

1c.) "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8) Through His love, we can be assured that like a parent to their child, God wants the best for us.

Which of these three privileges (called, loved, kept) catches your attention more than others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encouage your faith?

Alll three are needed at different seasons. We need to be called, we need to know how much the Father loves us and we need to be kept because we are human and fall short. Right now being kept is the one that catches my attention. The longer I am a Christian and the more I see my own shortcomings and failures the more I realize my need to be kept. If it were not for God's strong hand on me I should ever surely fall. It is special because it is His strength I depend on and not my own. I am learning more and more that I have no strength apart from Him but in Him I can do all things.

God Bless!!

Jen

Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encourage your faith?

All three privileges play a significant impact on my life. First of all I feel that I am truly called to the ministry of Jesus Christ. It has been my divine calling that has kept me not only focused, but also on the things of the Lord.

If it were not for the Love of the Father for His children were would I be and what would be the ultimate outcome of my life. [Lost]

Jesus is the one who makes intersession for me in heaven and without his sacrificial atonement death and resurrection I would have no hope of life beyond the grave.

What is so special to me is that I can grow in the knowledge of God the Father through His Son and live a victorious life because my calling is sure in Christ.

When Jesus comes for His followers I will be ready to meet Him because my calling and service to Him has been guided by His Spirit. Thanks be to God for His indescrible gift. (Amen)

These 3 is equally cacthes mt attention because I was called out of the world by God I was so loved by that he sent his son

to die for me, Jesus is keeping watch over me. when I error he stand as a go between to the God the Father to atone sfor my sin. To me it's good to know that you have someone standing guard for you, Jesus is my look-out. Knowing this help to to live a better christian life.

The 3 principles follow one after another. But the best part is that Jesus is keeping me. That's a wonderful confirmation of my entry into heaven. What a privilege for me to be in the bosom of Jesus so that Satan will not steal me or snatch me away (does he have the guts?) Isa 43:1 says I have called you by your name, you are mine says the Lord. Yes, God loves me that's why He called me by my name. Now Jesus keeps me protected until His return so that I will be presented as a spotless lamb in front of the Almighty God. Is anything more special than this? As I lean on His words and derive strength for my day to day living and expect the soon return of my Lord, my faith is strengthened to face every day trials and be victorious in and through His name.

The first one, being called, still amazes me. Why would the creator of the universe call me? The other two, being loved by the Father like a father and being kept secure by Jesus Christ are precious and of infinite value but they do not occur without first being called.

Kept by Jesus! They all are precious, but without being kept by Jesus, I could not hope to be able to face Him in judgement, for I am very prone to wander off my way without Him!

Knowing He will not let me wander off gives me comfort and peace!

I am eternally Grateful for having been called and I bask in the warmth of God's love but at the moment I am tired and have a few hard days ahead of me so the thought of being kept by Christ is important to me not only as he will keep me in his fold and bring me to the kingdom but that he will carry me for the next few days. I am blessed in that my current work is not the longshoring or carpentering I did when I was young but being kept reminds me of how we often carried one another through short illnesses that were enough to sit us down for a while but not enough to give up the for the day.

Randy

The one that has been impressed upon me the most strongly is being kept by the Lord.

During my time of rebellion, I was right down in the underbelly of society. I had company with thieves, rapists, murderers: some misgiuded, and many completely without conscience. I know this because I was there, and bore witness to these violent ungodly acts on more than one occasion. It is truly heartbreaking how far my disobedience took me, but how all the more glorious it is how far the Lord's love and grace have brought me now! I have been redeemed from the very pits of hell on earth, not by my own strength, but by the love of God, and to Him goes all the glory!!

His love for me kept me safe (probably someone praying for me out of that love as well), and since my repentance, it has become perfectly clear to me that nothing can take me from Him! What shall I fear?! If those devils were ABLE to steal me away, they had their chance and could not! My life, and my death, will be for and by the Lord. I believe I will either die of a ripe old age, or the day will come when I will CHOOSE to lay down my life for the glory of the Lord, just as He did for us. As long as I am on His path He has chosen for me, there will be no "accidents" to steal me, no plague, disease or pestilence that will gain victory over my faith in His love for me. Psalm 91 says so.

Ain't it great it is available to ALL that believe? Mark 9:23 says so.

The privilege that catches my attention more than the others is the fact that GOD by the power of His Holy Spirit called me to Himself when I was far from Him and going my own way. His love and keeping power are really included in this fact.

This privilege is special to me because He loved me when there was nothing in me to love.

It encourages my faith because I belong to Him and he is never going to let me get away, He will always be with me.

CALLED; BECAUSE I KNOW THAT JESUS CHRIST LOVES ME AND KEEPS ME. I AM CALLED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS WORD, AND IF IN DOUBT, ASKING THROUGH PRAYER FOR THE WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE THAT I NEED. I KNOW HE LOVES ME AND WANTS ME TO BE SUCCESSFUL THROUGH THE PROMPTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. IT IS A GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT TO KNOW THAT HE CARES ABOUT SUCH MINUTE THINGS.

Being called by our Heavenly father catches my attention more, for God chose me when I was still a sinner He placed it on someones heart to seek me and bring me to Him, this is truly being loved by God, for God wanted a relationship with me, and the relationship is like and will never be like no other. The relationship is very special to me, it enables me to walk with the Lord, to talk with the Lord, to be kept by the Lord.

My faith is encouraged for I depend on the Lord with my life.

"Called by God" is the phrase that is exciting me at the moment. This speaks to me of God the Creator, from whom all things flow, who, when we got lost in sin, made a mighty plan for our salvation, (instead of wiping us out as in the days of Noah, or simply leaving us to our own devices - horrid thought!) He is the one who "so loved the world that He gave His ony begotten son, that all who believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". To be called by this mighty creator is an astounding event. Nothing else matters - nothing at all.

I know that this calls for one but I have several. Relationship with God the Father and Slave to Jesus Christ.

Very special to me beause being a slave to Christ means that I am doing what is asked of me and having a relationship with God means I have faith and a true believer in his word and promises. By loving Jesus and doing what he asks I am showing that I also love God and by loving God I will have love for his son, Jesus Christ and will follow.

Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others?

Being Kept by God

Why is it so special to you?

I feel so unworthy. I know I am unworthy and unable to meet the standard of Holiness that God desires.

How does it encourage your faith? MY faith is encouraged because God does not expect me to go it alone.

I think of the three 'kepted by Jesus Christ' has the most meaning to me.

It is comforting to know, that because I have accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord, I am His for all eternity. It means I don't have to fear losing my salvation.

Loved by God the Father. It has been said "we are our own worst enemies" and the harsh judgment we pronounce on ourselves makes it hard to believe anyone could love us at times. I know His love is incomprehensible but that He loves us is very mind blowing. His love is constant and it's our part to believe it. If I sin, the guilt weighs me down so I don't have the courage to confess it and then believe I'm forgiven. It shows me that His love is far more superior to ours in that He is willing to forgive those who sincerely confess and repent. It's a good thing I'm not God as my judgment would be harsh. Knowing His love is unchanging is very encouraging. Ignoring emotions, I can believe and move forward, growing day by day.

I am a sinner through and through and it is most comforting to know that I have a Father God who love me unconditionally enough that He made available a redeemer to rescue me from the consequences that is justifiably mine to be. That redeemer is Jesus Christ and it is He who is daily keeping me from falling. As to whether I am specifically called by God is a priveledge which I will to believe. I will never know the answer until the day God review it me perhaps to do according to this bidding. For now, I am to continue to be a good and faithful steward of God in doing the things I am doing now.