JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Three Privileges of Believers

Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encourage your faith?

Being "called by God", ah foremost captures my desire because I couldn't have the rest of Him had He not called and Loved me first, and encouraged me to trust and follow Him! Hallelujah!!!

Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encourage your faith?

Of these three priveleges,its real hard to choose.At this moment of time in my life I would say,Loved by God the Father,and Kept by Jesus Christ.I have experienced the love of God during my recent surgery on Aug.9th.The night before my surgery I prayed and got as close to God as I possibly could.

The next morning during my surgery,God took me to a place where I was kept safe.When I came out of my surgery and opened my eyes I felt such a love from God I can not explain in words.I had a vision and saw myself come out of this shell.This black in color like shell just opened up and I stepped out of it.Beside the shell was a man who was bronze in color which was sitting beside the shell as if to be guarding me.I believe he was an angel.It was if God gently put me back here on earth.I felt God didnt want to let me go but His love for me was so strong,He very gently gave me a little push as if to say,go back my daughter,for awhile.I was drenched in His love.I cant find the words to say how I felt.All of this condemnation,guilt,and wordly stuff was gone.I felt so clean.I felt Holiness.For days all I could do is cry when I worshiped and prayed.I have experienced God's love and his love is beyond anything here on this earth I have felt.I feel like I am a diffrent person.I know how much God loves us.Knowing God's love in this way has greatly added to my faith in my Heavenly Father.Amen.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the first privilege catches my attention more than the others. The fact that God loved me enough to to invite me into a relationship with him is amazing. It also means that God knows me, is interested in me and believes that I can carry out His call in my life which encourages me to want to serve Him, want to be Holy and submitt my life to Him.

For me, to be called is the greatest thing to ever have happened to me. Imagine, the God of all creation, the ever living Father calling me. Sometimes I can't fathom it at all considering my sinful state at the time. That is what is so special. And, as I grow to know and love Him more, my faith grows proportionately.

• 2 months later...

For me the three are very important, to know that I am invited by God or called by God is great privilege, I know that I belong to His Family and I am His own.

What a wonderful expression of what it means to be In God

• 1 year later...

Loved by my Father means so much to me. I did not know my earthly father and God my Father has always been there for me. No matter what I have done. He still shows His love for me.

• 1 year later...

Q1. (Jude 1)

Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others?

Why is it so special to you?

How does it encourage your faith?

I remember when I was called by God. It was in 1982, and since then I

• 1 year later...

To know and remember how I was called by God, from being lost, is a wonderful memory. thinking how far I was from knowing Him very much, to now where I long to know Him more deeply. Its a treasure in my heart.

Also, God keeps calling me strongly, I can't deny it, and I enjoy it more and more. There is no way He is going to let go of me, what a joy, what a reason to want to share His Word with everyone who is 'far from God"

The privilege that catches my attention more than the other is “Loved by God the Father”. This is so special to me because I know that I am loved. No matter what happens on this earth I still have a Father in heaven that loves me. It encourages my faith by knowing this because I always want to please Him.

• 1 year later...

All three privileges are attention getters.  However, as I answer this question the fact that call would call me and never stop convicting me of where I need to be and what I need to be doing, despite my willfulness, is amazing and I love God ever more for it. 

I accepted and/or acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God and as savior as a young boy and followed that with baptism under the leadership of my earthly father.  God has never let up or stopped participating in my life since that moment.  Since that time my life journey has been  marked and defined by spiritual hallmarks.

It encourages me to keep on trusting and loving my God as expressed in Ps. 23 by David.

• 2 years later...

Q1. (Jude 1) Which of these three privileges catches your attention more than the others? Why is it so special to you? How does it encourage your faith​

All of these three privileges catches my attention equally and are special to me.

Called by God:  encourages me that God had his eyes set upon me and that I am so special to him that he called me out of the many around me.

Loved by God the father:  encourages me that I don't have to depend on the love of any human.  My father the owner of the entire universe loves me and will never leave me.

Kept by Jesus Christ:  encourages me that I will never have to fear.  Thank YOu Jesus.

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2004 at 2:54 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Of the three privilege, I am most captivated by the fact that Jesus Christ the King of Kings has set a guard around me, to keep me in all ways meeting His will.  This is special to me because as I carry out God will I can rest knowing that in every effort His protection will carry me through.  This builds my faith in a faithful, mighty God.

• 11 months later...

Kept by Jesus Christ. Because as a member of the church and a ministry lay person I know I have a God who loves me enough to keep me safe from life storms. It encourages my faith by showing me that God is faithful.