JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

• 1 month later...

(Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you? 

At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, 'Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?'

Daniel answered, 'O king, live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight.

Daniel gave glory to God as he attributed his safety to God sending His angels to protect him.

The outcome would have been different had Daniel focussed on the injustice done to him rather than focussing on God's mercy and goodness. Daniel could have lost his life!

God's mercy in my own life is countless since His mercies are new every morning. Thank you Father God.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

DANIEL GRAPHICALLY VINDICATED GOD FIRST & THEN HIMSELF:  "Daniel answered, 'O king, live forever! 22  My God sent his angel and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king."

Had he used his focus to personally fight his enemies; God would have been denied the opportunity for SHOW & TELL! As for me, there is not enough time; my entire life is a testimony of God's mercy. However, I will share below my insights in the process: 

LESSON I HAVE LEARNED:  WITH EGO AS A BACK DROP; DECEIVERS WILL USE THE TRUST & THE TRUTH TO PERPETRATE EVIL!  Because they know the laws and they know the leader, their wicked plan is executed; the outcome is up to God.  Though the leader becomes aware; in many cases his/her hands are tied and collateral damage becomes the outcome, for now. “The king realizes that he has been tricked. He values Daniel's wisdom and tries to undo his mistake but cannot…”  THIS IS STILL HAPPENING.

Said God knew he was innocent and had not committed any wrongs to the king.

It would have changed his humble attitude and perhaps ended up put in again.

No matter how many bad things I did, He forgave me because He died to take the payment for my sins.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

Daniel’s deliverance from the lion’s den I guess must be seen as a show of the saving power from the Living God of Israel. As Daniel began distinguishing himself among the other two commissioners the king planned to appoint him over the entire kingdom. This prompted the envy of the other officials that they decided to discredit him. Hence, the decree stood – putting offenders into the lion’s den.

The king was greatly distressed but realizing that he has been tricked into this episode by the other officials, the king blessed Daniel as he walked into the den saying, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!" (Dan 6:16)

The next morning he even hurriedly ran to the den in distress called out to Daniel saying, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?"(Dan 6:20) And we read of Daniel’s testimony in verse 22 - My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."

The whole scene here showed that the Living God saves His people, especially those who revere Him before every unbeliever.

I think that Daniel being a pious man and all decided to forgive the wrongdoers and did little to put focus on the injustice done to him.

My life is a gift, a second chance at life. In the year of the Lord 2000 (June) I was wheeled into the operation theatre for a heart bypass with only 20% chance of survival – four block 100%-100% - 80% -60% blockages. Before the anesthetics was deployed into my system I just thanked God for all He had done for me thus far but also told Him that I still had many more of His work in my parish had to be done – “but it’s not my will but that yours be done, O Lord my God. Amen”

I woke up I was told with tubes all over my body – and I believe that my God was there all the time doing His saving work through the hands of all the medical staff in the OT. Praise the Lord. Alleluia

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

Daniel told the king how it was and what had happened. Daniel made the most of the situation as the king- in his joyous state, was willing to receive Daniel's testimony of what happened in the den and how God had saved him. Daniel did not show any bitterness at all. We are not told for sure, but Daniel probably knew that the king's officials had manipulated the king into issuing the decree.

I still think it is important that we believers do not let people treat us as door mats. Paul made it known in no uncertain terms that he was a Roman citizen, and therefore had certain privileges and rights as a Roman citizen (Acts 25:11). Daniel also let it be known to the king that he was innocent.

How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?      

Daniel totally trusted God and used this opportunity to testify how God sent his angels to save him.  God new he was innocent and had done no wrong against the king.  If Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him, the power of God would not have been displayed.  Every day I strive to be a better person. Those days that I don't do quite as I should, it's God's mercy that continues to keep me.

Q7.(Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lion's den to testify about God?

He showed no resentment toward the king nor did he blame him saying "O king, live forever!"  In a joyful succinct way Daniel told the king that his God had delivered him by sending an angel to shut the mouths of the lions, because "I was found innocent in His sight, nor have I done any wrong before you, O king." In a very polite way, he exonerated the King and gave all glory to His God!

What might have happened if, in his response to the king, if Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him?

The king was very prideful, and would have undoubtedly been angry if Daniel had focused on the injustice. His opportunity to share the delight in God's rescue would have been derailed by shifting the focus onto the kings foolish and prideful decision.

What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to  you?

Oh my! After nearly 43 years there are hundreds. I'm given opportunity often to share how the Lord has delivered us, from homelessness, injury in a rollover car crash in which our 2 children and I all escaped death with only minor injuries. The car was declared "totaled" towed to the junk yard, then in answer to my prayer, the insurance co. decided to repair it. (the car landed upside down, with the top crushed down to the body.)There have been miracles of healing: my injured back in the rollover car crash, through a "word of Knowledge" spoken over T.V. on the 700 club, while I was still  in great pain 3 months after the crash. The healing was instant, and the pain was gone!

Our son lost a portion of his thumb in a bicycle accident, and when reattached, it died after a few days. I asked the Dr. for a few more days for more prayer and to have him anointed with oil,  when he wanted to remove the dead tissue before it became gangrenous. (He told us if it had to be removed he would lose 70% of the use of that hand). He agreed and we had him anointed  with oil and asked others to pray. When we returned 2 days later and the bandages were removed, the Doctors mouth dropped open and he exclaimed "We doctors don't get to see miracles like this! The tissue is alive and pink!" (we shared that it was Jesus who healed him and bought the Jewish doctor a Bible. I expect to see him in heaven some day.

When I was in great danger, parked alone in a deserted wilderness area parking lot, miles from civilization, reading my Bible and writing in my journal and praying, I heard in my spirit "GO NOW!" I started the car, put down my Bible and pen, and circled around the large area toward the only "in & out" exit...which was a short narrow driveway which allowed the passage of two cars. When I was exiting, a man in a black car was entering, as we passed less than 2 feet apart. I glanced at him and the hair on the back of my neck literally stood on end. I was looking into the eyes of sheer evil! As I drove away I said "Lord! What did you just save me from????" realizing that miles from any houses or people nobody would have heard my screams...He could have blocked the entrance with His car and I'd have been captive! I also realized if I'd hesitated 10 seconds, the outcome would have been different. (Thank you, Papa for the lessons You've taught me in being quick to obey when You speak!)

When we lost our business during the recession of 1990, in which my husband and I both worked, we also lost our home. Then we lost our insurance, our status in the community, our place to vote, our dignity, many of our friends, (who just didn't know what to do, so distanced) and our church, as we became homeless. We moved 5 times in 4 years, never knowing the night before we had to move, whether or not we'd be living in our car, with our dog. BUT GOD....intervened at the last second in every event!  One couple who had never met us, but heard about our plight, invited us by phone to come and stay in their home. They left to get married in Hawaii the next day and turned their house and cars and pets over to our care for 2 weeks, still never having met us!  When they returned we assumed we'd be leaving but they invited us to stay as long as we needed...1 1/2 years! They treat us as parents, and mentors in the faith, and dear friends.

Prior to living with them my husband was losing his eyesight and would soon lose his ability to drive. One day his sister called from a distant state, having seen an 800 number on the t.v. screen while she was walking through the room (she told us the t.v. was never allowed to be on on school days, but it was on, and when she looked down there was a paper and pencil where there shouldn't have been one...she wrote down the number, called us to tell us it was for free eye surgery. When we called, it was a Christian eye doctor in our state and less than an hour away who wanted to do something for others, as he'd received so much. He did the surgery, and told us he was flabbergasted that we were the only ones who called, and he could not believe the advertisement was in another state!  My husbands eyes are just fine now!!! BUT GOD!

When the very concerned Darius calls out to find out if God had saved Daniel from the lions, Daniel said that God had sent an angel to keep the lions' mouth shut and not let them hurt him because he was innocent in the sight of God.

I suppose he might've upset the king even more. The king was already aware that a great injustice had been done to Daniel and  the king himself had been tricked into ordering it! The king was already distraught and Daniel seems to have perceived that no good would come of sort of rubbing the king's nose in it, so to speak. He might've given some new order that would be harmful to Daniel in the heat of a moment like that.

At one point in my life, God was calling me back to Him after I'd walked away from Him for a very long time. He kept using increasingly drastic measures to get my attention but I kind of kept ignoring Him, even after I finally realized what was happening. I ended up having a year where I was becoming sicker and sicker as a malformed heart valve began to fail. Then I was laid off from my job of 25 years (because I was sick), both my dogs died and I continued to worsen until open-heart surgery was the only option. I finally surrendered to God and told Him that I was OK with whatever His will was. I finally trusted Him and made Jesus Lord of my life completely. I had the surgery and nearly died from an adverse drug reaction. It sounds like a country song about the worst year possible, but in many ways it was the best year of my life. He made a way for me to support my family and continue my education and now I am the pastor of a church. There was a lot more to it, but that's it in a nutshell.

Daniel testify to the fact that he was blameless before God, therefore, God delivered him from the mouths of the lions mouth. Daniel was also found blameless before the king. The lions would have eaten him. To be blameless is not look at what someone has done to you but to keep your faith and prayers on God. When I received His grace and mercy the moment I was saved. God has stuck by me ever since.

How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God?

My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king.

What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him?

Things would have probably been turned around, and the lions would have killed Daniel without God's assistance.

What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

I was a massive sinner until I was baptized by immersion last year. I know that after I was baptized, I received the Holy Ghost from Jesus. I am no longer a massive sinner; however, I do slip every now and then with a profane word. I always hear that little voice (the Holy Ghost) reminding me to ask God for immediate forgiveness, and I do. The testimony of God's mercy on me is definitely in his forgiveness of my profanity.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God?

21 Daniel answered, 'O king, live forever! 22 My God sent his angel and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king.'

Daniel once again took no credit for his salvation but publicly declared that God had delivered him.  He was living, talking breathing proof of the power of God.

What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him?

Daniel had won the heart and trust of the king, his life was his testimony.  Had Daniel focused on the injustice done to him it would have been out of character for him.  The king who was sovereign could easily have been offended by such actions and any number of things could have been done to Daniel.

What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

20 years ago my 20 year old son overdosed on drugs and died.  By and through God's mercy my wife and I have lived through the incident and have had a testimony of how God can help you through the darkest times and valleys of your life.  In his death he left a girl pregnant and now she is living with us and is a blessing to us.  Although she never knew her dad she has many of his positive traits and we are enjoying the opportunity of watching her in college and being with us.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?​

Daniel answered, 'O king, live forever!  My God sent his angel and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king.'

If Daniel had focused on he injustice done to him, he would not have given importance to the wonderous acts of God in his life  Neither would he have been a good example of the life he lived and the merciful God he served.

God healed me from terminal sickness, he was faithful to me at a time even when I was not.  Surely we serve an awesome God.

Daniel used his experience to attribute his life and glory to God.  He sent His angel, Daniel said, and Daniel was protected from the lions.

Daniel treated the king as always, with respect and dignity.  I don't believe he could have done otherwise because he realized God was in charge and not the king.  The injustice done to him was obvious so Daniel needed not focus on it.

Everyday that I have breath  it is by God's mercy on me. Every trouble I have had I have seen the hand of God's protection and mercy on me.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God?

God, through an angel, closed the lion's mouth and Daniel said that he was innocent and had done nothing wrong to the king.

He would not have been innocent, but guilty of pride for himself, shutting the lions up.

What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

I have severe pulmonary hypertension that has restricted me to siting most of the time. PH does not let the blood be cleaned of carbon dioxide and then filled with oxygen.  The right side of my heart tries to pump blood into my lungs, but backs up, enlarging the heart.  I am on 12 liters of oxygen 24 hours a day.  I cannot walk to the bathroom without struggling to breath. 

Daniel did not use his experience in the lions' den as a test of God's saving power.  He did not try to put himself at risk to prove that God would save him from danger.  He continued to pray three times a day in kneeling position, with his windows opened and facing towards Jerusalem as he always did.  His praying practice had never been changed.

Daniel's answer to the king had proved that God's mercy protects the innocent and the just in God's sight, nor had he done anything wrong to the king.  This reveals that our faith can only be true if it truly reflects the way we live.

I am a sinful individual from birth; I cannot expect God's protection if I continue to live in sinful way.  Once I have repented, I can ask for God's mercy and I must truly quit my sinful way of life.  Only then I can truly be a witness to God's mercy in the world.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

1.  He made it plain to the king about what had happened and witness to him through his testimony. Danie said, My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you,O king.

2.  He probably would not have been humble and let his attitude cause trouble. 

3.  When I was not saved he kept me, my mother and father, sister, and my two kids from getting hit by a train. He save me and sent his son to die on the cross for all so that we could have salvation.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) 

How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? 

What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

Daniel was not just alive but was altogether unharmed. Daniel used this to testify about God’s awesome power in protecting his life. The king acknowledges this power of God and as a result, which we read later in verse 6:26, that he issues a decree to all peoples, nations, and languages honouring the God of Daniel. Daniel was clever enough not to focus on the injustice done to him. He knew the king had done it with reluctance, having been tricked into allowing it. So he forgives the king and wishes him health, long life, and prosperity. About 6 years ago I was held up in an armed robbery. I had a loaded gun pointed at my head, and was made to lie down while being kicked about. Yet, through all this, I was so aware of the presence of our Lord Jesus, and experienced an absolute peace, which even to this day I cannot describe. I know it was only by the grace and mercy of God that I’m alive today. 

Daniel uses his experience in the lions den as a testimony of God by telling the king that God found no fault in him and had sent an angel to close the mouths of the lions and he had never done any wrong to the king.

If Daniel would have complained to the king of the injustice done to him, it would would have shown that his faith was weak and proved that he was more interested in the injustice rather than his faith in his God.

The experiences in my life that God showed his mercy to me may be twice. When at approximately 1 year old, I feel into a gold fish pond, deep enough for me to drown. I feel to this day Satan wanted to drown me. In 2007 our family traveling from Oregon back home, had a rear tire blow out, the pickup rolled 3 - 4 times before coming to rest on it's top. The next day we returned to find the roof folded in at the center, forming what looked like angel wings. Neither my wife, I or two grand children had received as much as a scratch from the incident. In 2011 I stepped on a poisonous snake which had bit me on the right ankle. The E.R. observed me for 1 hour, I had not received enough venom to cause too much reaction. Though it had swollen somewhat and turned black and blue. I felt the Lord spared me great pain and suffering from the bit.       

Lesson 3 Question 7

Lesson 3 Question 7

Daniel could have credited his good fortune to luck or other circumstances - the Lions weren't hungry, but he gave credit to his God for sending an angel to shut the mouth of the lion. He gave testimony to his God and also testimony to the fact that he was innocent of wrongdoing both in the eyes of God and the eyes of men.

For me, when I am complimented or praised, I can be quick to give credit to God for his favor and downplay the my own character or talent. I'm not talking about false modesty, but giving credit to whom it is due. Also, I think it is important that Christians in giving testimony to their God that they emphasize the fact that they are not perfect but rely on God's grace. Not to do so would be discouraging to many who feel that they could never measureup up.

a,Daniels shares his heart to the king by saying his God sent angels to shut the mouth of the lion ,Daniel speaks about his innocence  before his God .He also affirms to the king boldly that he has not and not willfully do a wrong to the king ( before thee.O King ,have I done no hurt )

b.Daniel expressed decency ,humility and truth .At no time does Daniel accuse the king ,but he communicates his position in a respectful dialogue.

c.Mercies of God to me are not countable .

They are plenty and continuous ,

Testimony ,We were very upper class and well to do ,In the couple of years ,our father died and our good house was taken by govt railway and road dept to create rail and roads ,The money went to grandparents on whose land ourgrandpa built the house for mom and dad,Being teenagers in the late years like nineteen ,we had to seek work after completion of studies,I got a job where the company would train me in a public job (govt) there were very tough time ,Mother was a firm believer and never found her unhappy or backsliding. God sustained us ,,!!!our sorrows made us cling to Christ in a strong and mature way , way 

Daniel maintained his innocence but trusted God for justice instead of protesting himself. Sometimes we need to trust God to fight our battles rather than cry out the injustices we experience. I have been in situations where I look back and see God's mercy but at the time didn't trust enough to leave it completely in his hands. I have learned to trust more.

Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him?

Daniel tells the king that God sent an Angel to shut the mouths of the lions because God found him innocent. He did not say anything about the injustice, if he had it would have destroyed his testimony.

Daniel could take no credit that his life was spared and he didn't hold back in declaring in God's salvation of his life. He did not focus on the injustice done to him, knowing that the king had been trapped in a situation that couldn't be undone and was deeply distressed at the order that must be carried out. The king recognized that only Daniel's God could rescue him from otherwise certain death. And Daniel confirmed that Yahweh had done this very thing in sending his messenger from heaven to shut the lions' mouths because He had found Daniel's life of service and heart of faith to be blameless. This testimony made the king rejoice and decide to issue a decree that the entirety of his royal dominion was to “tremble and fear before the God of Daniel” (6:26-27).

An experience from many years ago comes to mind when I know without doubt that God showed mercy and intervention to me. I was attempting to pass a tractor-trailer rig whose driver decided to continue to increase speed rather than let me pull in front of him. As we approached a curve, with time running out and a car coming toward me, I ended up running off the road to the left. My car spun around and began to slide back across the road toward the rear of the rig. The only thing I could see to my left at that time was the side of the trailer and the bottom bar under the back doors that I fully expected to hit right across/into my side of the car. There was nothing I could do and I was essentially frozen in fear. Suddenly, my car spun back around, cleared the road, and ended up in the field like I had pulled in to park there without harm or injury. All of that happened in mere seconds (and the memory of it still makes my heart race). I have always believed God showed me great mercy and an angel HAD to have given me a push to move me away from that truck at the very last second. There have been other situations, but that was the most dramatic for me!