JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Provision of Manna

Q3. (Exodus 16) Why did God provide manna for the people? Why did the manna finally cease? Why do you think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted? What provision of God are you taking for granted?

God provide manna for the people because God care for his people and does not like them to starve or die in the desert. He is a god of love, he loves his people and want the best for them. The manna finally cease is because his people have already arrive in the promised land, and so they can take care of themselves at that time in the land of milk and honey. Once the people have what they wanted, they think that they are king of the world, so everything is rightfully theirs, and so they become less thankful, and takes the manna and other things that they received for granted. I usually expect things to go my way most of the time, so I sometimes take God's provision for granted, since I sometimes feel that God owes me this for just being faithful. I know that believing and trusting in God does not mean my life will be running in a smooth course without turbulence, but with that turbulence is where true faith is develop in my life, so I rely more on God's strength then my own strength. This is a lesson I have to learn again and again!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Exodus 16) Why did God provide manna for the people? Why did the manna finally cease? Why do you think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted? What provision of God are you taking for granted?

God provide manna for the people because God care for his people and does not like them to starve or die in the desert. He is a god of love, he loves his people and want the best for them. The manna finally cease is because his people have already arrive in the promised land, and so they can take care of themselves at that time in the land of milk and honey. Once the people have what they wanted, they think that they are king of the world, so everything is rightfully theirs, and so they become less thankful, and takes the manna and other things that they received for granted. I usually expect things to go my way most of the time, so I sometimes take God's provision for granted, since I sometimes feel that God owes me this for just being faithful. I know that believing and trusting in God does not mean my life will be running in a smooth course without turbulence, but with that turbulence is where true faith is develop in my life, so I rely more on God's strength then my own strength. This is a lesson I have to learn again and again!

God provided manna for His people because they had finished the food that they brought from Egypt and they were now grumbling to Moses and complaining about the lack of food. God had already prepared this provision because He knew their food would run out in time. The manna ceased when they were about to enter Canaan their promised land. I suppose when someone is given something that they don't have to work for, after a while they will tend to take that provision for granted. Often, we take our health, our jobs, our family, our spouses and even God's love and patience for granted.

The LORD said to Moses, 12

God provided manna to to the people of Isarael in fulfilment of His promise to take care of the people and show His ability to meet their needs no matter how long it takes.

The manna stopped when the children of Israel have reached the promised land and there was the opportunity to begin to reap from what God had also pre arranged for them.

The Israelites eventually took the manna, god's supernatural bountful provision for granted because they exhibitted what can be termed as femilirity breeds contempt.

God provided manna to the people for food during the journey to the promised land. The manna ceased because they reached their destination. In general, people take things for granted that are constant in their life. I think I take the God's forgiveness of sin for granted.

Q3. (Exodus 16)

Why did God provide manna for the people?

For they would stop their grumbling

Why did the manna finally cease? They got to their destination

Why do you think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted? It was waiting for them everyday and they expected it to be their for the Lord always took care of them.

What provision of God are you taking for granted?

Like the Israelites that God will always be their for me

The people had a need and God provided. The manna ceased when there were other provisions available for the people. Anytime we receive something without effort it can easily be taken for granted. I no longer take any provision of God for granted. After being healed and seeing the mess of my life by taking everything for granted, and being so close to losing everything..I know my God provides and I am determined to be grateful every single day for all gifts of God. :)

Why did God provide manna for the people?

He did so demonstrating that He was there provider, He was their resource, that He was the great I AM. He provide substance and sustenance for their daily need, He did so as long as they needed it regardless whether they appreciated it or not, for forty years.

Why did the manna finally cease?

The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate of the produce of Canaan." (Joshua 5:10-12) The people now were afford the provisions from / in the Promised land.

Why do you think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted?

Just as a child when they get a gift, sometimes initially they are excited, then after the excitement wears off, when the gift becomes common place their desire (eyes) wonder elsewhere. Before the manna arrived they were hungry, they complained. Of their own they couldn't see how they would have any sustenance for such a large group of people in the desert. Upon seeing the supernatural they were in awe and were grateful for the blessings of the Lord but as they "harvested" each morning it became routine. It became common place they began to see it in the natural and not as God providing for them.

Perhaps at times His Grace and Mercy, however when I realize that I have I repent.

Q3. (Exodus 16) Why did God provide manna for the people?

God provided manna for the people because they were complaining that they would have been better off in Egypt where they had food that they liked.

Manna finally ceased when the people ate of the produce of Gilgal on the plains of Jericho.

I think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted because it was given to them, they did not have to invest any time in planting and harvesting.

This is a loaded question, I hate to think that I am taking for granted provision of God. But I guess I do, and I'm sorry. Father, help me to make a conscious effor daily to recognize all of your provisions and to be grateful. In Jesus name, Amem!!!

God provide manna,because the people was complain that they had no food to eat.The manna finally cease because the people ate food from the land.I think the people took the manna for granted because they don't have to do anything to get the manna so they was thinking that it would always be there for them.There are a lot of thing that we take for granted food to eat and place to lay our head.A God that forgive us of our sin.

God provided manna for the people to show that He was willing and able to provide for one of their basic needs. He also knew the people were close to running out of the food supply they had brought with them from Egypt.

The manna finally ceased because,once the people entered the Promised Land,it wasn't needed any more. They were able to eat of the produce of the land they had entered.

The people probably began to take the manna for granted,because they knew it would be there every morning except on the Sabbath. In time,they probably expected it to be there waiting for them. Makes me wonder if any of them every bothered to thank God for His daily provision of food. Probably not.

Often I take for granted that I live in America where I am free to worship and share my faith without fear of persecution.

Answering Q.3:God always care, look after and give all the basic needs to HIS people. When the Israelites need more food, He immediately send enough manna for them to consume each day, I regard manna the best food they could ever have for manna is the food for angels, and HE gave to us the mere sinners which I interprete as the gifts to the ones HE loves so much.

God offered them the manna every day but on the sixth day they can take the double quantity, for God wants them to spend the seventhday as the day of Sabbath. Though they did not completely obey HE gave the manna to them for forty years. Anyhow, He stopped to send the manna any more when the throng of Israelites arrived at the borders of Canaan.

I believed that at the beginning Israelites begged for food and when the had it they thank God for that. But when it started to be as routine to them then they began to take it for grant as if their God has the duty to look after them; that prooves as our normal human-beings weaknesses that God once said " You think as man thinks not the God's one."

I have to confess again that I am not doing better than my predecessors Israelites, for I can have or own everything in my daily life through HIS great Mercy and Love; I from time to time thank God for His Tender Love and Care, whilst most of the time I just consume, use, spend for things of vanity and very seldom I do give alms though I think I should, ect. - this is only few examples I take HIS Provision for granted.

God provided manna for the people because he was sustaining them until they reached the promise land. The manna finally ceased because they came to the promise land and they were able to eat the food of the land.

The people gradually began to take manna for granted because it was always there. The provisions of God that I take for granted are the freedoms that I have here in the United States especially the one of freedom of religion.

God provided Manna in order to sustain his people and to make them believe in him. Manna ceased when they arrived at the promised land and when God expected them to provide for themselves. Like alot of people...having all things being provided to you runs the risk of creating an environment of lazyness. People become accustomed to being provided for and lose their initiative. When times are good...we have a tendency to forget that all things are provided by God and it is he that provides our good fortune. Being thankful to God for our many gifts is the first thing that is typically forgotten when good fortune comes our way.

God is the Provider. If He leads you somewhere, you can rest assured that He will provide. When God led His people to a place that they were naturally sustained, there was no need for futher supernatural means. As we all live in this corrupted human condition, there is always the risk of certain things happening when we are provided for. One is that we end up taking credit for it on our own. We forget to give God the glory for our blessings. Another thing that often happens is we begin to desire more. When we become secure in our provisions, it is often our nature to covet material items that, we don't necessarily need, we just want.

He had planned to feed and provide for them,and because they grumbled against Him. He was showing them they could trust Him for their needs. It ceases because the people became self centered again they started gathering food in Cannan depending on themselves and not God. They took it for granted because it was always there, God told them it would be and when they could gather it after 40 years it was expected not appreciated. His Mercy that is new every day, I often find my self doubting how could a Holy God show mercy to some one like me.

Probably cause God got tired of the grumbling. It ceased because he figured out that humans can't be sasiated. I am an overeater and about to change this drastically.

God provided manna for the people because there was no food in the desert, and to survive them HE had to provide something. Manna finally ceased because the people eventually reached the land of Canaan where food was available. The people gradually began to take the manna for granted because they were receiving it continually and it appeared to them that they will receive it endlessly. We take for granted the life that God bestowed upon us. It is until the death of someone that we realise a lot could have been done before his death.

Exo 16:12 "I have heard the grumbling of the people of Israel. Say to them, 'At twilight you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be filled with bread. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God.'"

Exo 16:13 In the evening quail came up and covered the camp, and in the morning dew lay around the camp.

Exo 16:14 And when the dew had gone up, there was on the face of the wilderness a fine, flake-like thing, fine as frost on the ground.

Exo 16:15 When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. And Moses said to them, "It is the bread that the LORD has given you to eat.

The people had run out of food and God heard them complaining. He wanted them to know that He would provide for them. Finally when they reached the land that was promised to them they no longer had to depend on the manna the land that God had brought them to would provide food for them. God was still providing for them. After a while we all start to take things for granted...when we get used to it being there and it does not seem so miraculous anymore. I believe I take my health for granted when it is the Lord who provides me and heals me. It is not until I am sick that I seem to remember and thank the Lord for my good health. I often take the children and the husband that God gave to me for granted and forget that each on is a gift from the Lord. There are many other things I take for granted...the very air I breath...everything that I have is from the Lord and sometimes it takes a disaster to remind me.

GOD PROVIDED MANNA TO LET THE PEOPLE KNOW THAT HE WAS STILL WITH THEM. HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US IF WE BELIVE AND BE OBEDIENCE.

WHEN THEY GOT TO CANAAN MANNA WAS NO MORE.

THE PEOPLE TOOK IT FOR GRANTED. IT IS AS TODAY WE THINK WE CAN ASK AND BE GRANTED WITHOUT ANY PRAYER, OBEDIENCE OR ANY OFFERING OF THANKS OF WHAT HE HAS PROVIDED FOR US. HE ALWAYS THERE FOR US.

I TRY TO NOT TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED, BUT I KNOW I DO,IT IS LIKE TURNING ON THE WATER FAUCET AND NO WATER THEN WE ARE THANKFUL WHEN WE HAD WATER. TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED. GOD IS SO GOOOD TO US.

1) God provided manna for the people because he promised that he would provide their food and to show that he is God.

2) The manna ceased when they reached Canaan where food was plentiful.

3) The people gradually began to take the manna for granted because they did not have to work for it.

4) I try not to take any of God's provision for granted. But, anytime I get up in the morning, lay down at night, able to pay my bills, have food on my table etc. and do not say "Thank you Lord" I am taking things for granted.

• 2 weeks later...

God had brought His chosen people to a place where there was nothing natural to sustain their very real physical need for food. He brought them into a situation where His miraculous intervention was the only solution. And that miracle was the manna. It did not cease until God had delivered them into Canaan, the land He had promised as their destination and inheritance. His miraculous intervention was no longer needed because His provision would now be from the natural land.

The people gradually began to take the manna for granted because it was just always there. No worries, no searching. It was just right there every morning. It lost the wonder of the miracle that it was and became the expected ordinary. They forgot that it was the direct intervention and provision of Yahweh on their behalf. And yes, we do the same thing today as we forget the source of our provision.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Why did God provide manna for the people?

He wanted to comfort the Israelites and shew them He was able to provide them food faithfully in the desert of difficulties. So that they would know that He is God.

2) Why did the manna finally cease?

Manna ceased because they reached the promised land of provision where food were available then.

3) Why do you think that the people gradually began to take the manna for granted?

They forgot their hunger and gradually felt that it was God duty to give them. Then some hearts were without gratitude towards God.

4) What provision of God are you taking for granted?

Usually my life. I always do what I want to. I need to change. Please, I covet prayer from all.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Exodus 16) Why did God provide manna for the people?

God provided manna for His people for food to feed them during the forty years in the wilderness to quench their hunger.

God stopped giving the people manna when they ate of the food in the land of Canaan, the Promised Land. There was no need for God to give them manna when the people could eat of the produce of the land they inhabited.

The people gradually began to take the manna for granted when they started thinking back, and looking back at the food they received in Egypt, and they grumbled that they got all of the food they wanted (Exodus 16:2-3).

In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron.