JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Learning from Moses

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

Looking at the life of Moses has inspired me to stand firm on the promises and commands of the Lord. Studying his life has also helped me to see the power of intercession for others believing in the power, mercy, and favor of the Lord.

What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you?

When I saw Moses lapse of faith in following God

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vefquiene
Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you? Looking at the life of Moses has inspired me to stand firm on the promises and commands of the Lord. Studying his life has also helped me to see the power of intercession for others believing in the power, mercy, and favor of the Lord. What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you? When I saw Moses lapse of faith in following God

• 11 months later...

What about Moses' strengths have inspired you? The strength to keep on keeping on in spite of the fact that he himself was sometimes discouraged. He had the strength do deliver God's messages even though he had no idea how God was going to deliver.

What about his weaknesses have been a warning to you? His frustration led to anger. Minimize frustration and keep my eyes on God. Never let the ignorance of others dictate my intelligence.

If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it? If you listen and obey; God will deliver.

• 2 years later...

Q4. What about Moses strengths have inspired you?

Moses definitely had a lot of significant strengths. His ability to just be himself and honest with God about who he was not and what he felt he could not do for God. Moses was truthful even when he was out of line in his complaining about situations. He was a person who remained himself and did not try to assert himself to or copy another person.

His anger is a warning to me. In anger and reacting we can step outside the will and direction of God and flow in disobedience. This is not a good place to go in a relationship with God.

If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it? 

Put God, his words and directions first and trust Him always with what comes. No one else or their opinions or view of you matters.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Q4. What about Moses' strengths have inspired you?

If there is one primary thing God has taught you from Moses' life that you seek to apply to yours, what is it?

Once he got over the shock that God had truly chosen him as leader to get the people out of slavery, he seemed more focused and always ready to do what God commanded him to do, even if it was strange commands.   That has always spoken to me and almost blinded me to his weakness, viz., his sometimes uncontrollable anger and impatience. (not that it was always easy to remain calm with the people who murmured and complained).   

I would like to follow God's leading without questioning and serve Him right to the very end as well.  If I stand alone I too want to remain standing and serving as and where God would have me serve.