JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Sealed with the Spirit

1.THE HOLY SPIRIT GUARANTEES THAT WE BELONG TO HIM AND THAT WE WILL RECEIVE SO MUCH MORE WHEN HE COMES BACK AGAIN.

2. WE BELONG TO HIM NOW . IT GIVES US COMFORT AND PEACE IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES US A FORETASTE OF WHAT IS TO COME.IT PROMISES US ETERNAL LIFE WITH OUR SAVIOUR. DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO TELL OTHERS WHO YOUR SAVIOR IS.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. This means that the Holy Spirit is looking out for me, and He's teaching me, and letting me know when I'm in the wrong. I can never be plucked out of God's hand because the Spirit of God protects me and keeps me from straying.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

It signifies that we have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, established in joint fellowship in the Body of Christ, having been consecrated and anointed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit. His seal upon us guarantees all that He has promised believers.

How does the Spirit unite us with God?

We were dead, lost, destined for hell. When we received Jesus as Savior and Lord the Holy Spirit came to live within us...as the Lord's dwelling place or Temple's here on earth. His Presence in our lives demonstrates that we are His, no longer separated by our sin and unrighteousness.

What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

The Holy Spirit's Presence in us, is like an engagement ring for the Bride of Christ....when at that day we shall see Him face to face and will be like Him in character with the added promise of spending eternity with Him. "I am His and He is mine". We are joint heirs with Him...all that is His is ours, and we will be fully His. Hallelujah!!!!!!!

:D God in His mercy and love has put His Spirit in us as kind of a down payment on eternity. The Spirit of God is called Holy Spirit, and He is living in us to guide us into all truth. He helps us understand the Word of God, so that we can follow its instructions and include it in our lifestyle. By His Spirit being in us, we have been paid for by the pure, sinless blood of Jesus.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

We stand firm in Christ because His spirit has annointed us and we are "found in Him". The Spirit unites us by this annointing and marks us as His property, to be used by Him and for us to serve. By accepting Him into our lives, by coming to the foot of the cross and believing on Him we are guranteed life eternal, an assurance of Salvation, a living Hope.

Emanuel

Being in the presence of the HOLY Spirit means to me that GOD is right there in the room with me at the given time and also means that he is present in my life. The Holy Spirit is like my best friend always there when Im down or happy. My comforter. You need the Holy Spirit in you life.

a. That we belong to God. We are His and we can stand firm in our faith knowing the spirit God put in us will always be there, always watch over us, our comings and goings, and keep us strong in our faith and knowledge that heaven is just around the corner.

b. When we have the spirit of God in us, we know God as our savior, Lord and master. We are able to humble ourselves and do His will.

c. When the spirit is in us, we are trying to do Gods will, trying to live as He wants so we have the assurance of life everlasting with God. When the spirit is in us, we know we belong to God.

According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

The presence of the Holy Spirit within us is a seal of ownership – we now belong to God. We know He is our Father and we are His children – this awareness only comes with the presence of the Holy Spirit within our lives. God has promised to keep us in our relationship with Jesus Christ – remembering Christ is sufficient; He is everything!

The presence of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life signifies that we are the children of God. The Holy Spirit in our hearts serves as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come -- eternal life. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's filling presence within us uniting us with him and moving/transforming us into Christ-likeness and spiritual maturity as defined in Galatians 5.

The promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit's presence in our life is spiritual maturity/Christ-likeness and eternal life with God the Father.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in the believer's life signifies that we are the children of God. The Holy Spirit in our hearts serves as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come -- eternal life. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's filling presence within us uniting us with him and moving/transforming us into Christ-likeness and spiritual maturity as defined in Galatians 5.

The promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit's presence in our life is spiritual maturity/Christ-likeness and eternal life with God the Father.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22)

According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives, if we believe in the Holy Spirit, signifies that we are true Christians, that we are marked as God’s property. We are guaranteed Eternal Life. We are established, meaning that we are firmly founded in Christ…

How does the spirit unite us with God?

The Spirit unites us with God in many different ways…By uniting us with God through Jesus, the Holy Spirit guarantees our place in Heaven to be eternal…We are established by the spirit, meaning we are founded on Christ…

(2 Corinthians 2:9) What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

The promise of future blessing is that we have an established place in eternal life with Jesus...If we believe that Jesus is the Living Son of God we have a place in heaven…

The presence of the Holy Spirit signifies that we belong to God. The Spirit is in us and he unites us with the rest of the trinity. The Spirit in us is the first installment of everything he will give us.

According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify? How does the Spirit unite us with God? What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence?

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify that we belong to Christ. We are established, annointed, sealed and we are guaranteed enternal life.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify?

That we belong to God. The Holy Spirit is God's seal of ownership.

The Holy Spirit intercedes for us in groans words cannot express. He is our line of communication to God. When we become Christians we receive the Holy Spirit to live in us and we become brothers with Christ, who in turn is one with the Father. I hope I got that right.

When we leave this life we will go to be with God.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify a promise. A promise from God. A pledge from our God as there is a "seal of ownership" because we accepted in our hearts and mind the sacrifice, death and resurrection of Jesus. The Holy spirit signifies God's promise to us.

How does the Holy Spirit unite us with God? Through intercession. He mediates my prayers to God in Jesus' name. The Holy Spirit unites us closer to God, every time we obey, learn and act on the Holy Spirit's gentle guidance. *(if and only if we listen to the guidance and teaching of the Holy Spirit and being sincere in our hearts, that a connection will be easily confirmed to my God)

What is the promise of future blessings inherent in the Spirit's presence? Conviction, affliction, guidance, growth, protection, comfort, love, peace, reassurance that "WE" will be in the presence of God.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22) According to this verse, what does the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signify, and how does the Spirit unite us with God?

The presence of the Holy Spirit in my life signifies that I pledged to be a faithful bride of the Messiah, that is why God has sealed me with the Holy Spirit, I am guaranteed eternal life, the deposit, my guarantee I wear as an engagement ring, displaying to the world, I am a bride who is looking for the day when the Bridegroom will come to receive His faithful bride, signifying, I am sealed by the Holy Spirit.

What is the promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit's presence?

God's blessings call for obedience, and it is because the Spirit is in my heart that I will not grieve the Holy Spirit, being assured of eternal inheritance, I will depart from iniquity, as my pledge requires, for the Lord knows those who are His. :unsure:

The presence of the Holy spirit signifies that we are Children of God, redeemed and can stand firm in Christ through His presence (power). He provides the power we need to walk in the faith in unity with the Lord Jesus Christ and God.

His presence alos is the assurance that we have the manesfestation of eternal life after death.

What means the sealing, the earnest, and our hearts? Perhaps we can see God's dream in this.

When you read the verse 2 Cor 1: 21b "and hath anointed us, is God;

22* Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

I am deeply touched that God, himself, has sealed us unto himself as a done deal.

Whatever is given as the earnest is given as a sign of serious intent, and God has given us himself as the earnest in the form of the Holy Spirit. So we know that God has given himself in the form of Christ Jesus to die and be risen for our sins, and God has given himself in the form of the Holy Spirit for our continued guidance, and is serious in his intent.

Further, we read in the Old Testament

Jer 31:33* But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

—we could say that God began by writing his law in our hearts, but with the sacrifice of our Christ, he has fulfilled and covered the law in our hearts with the grace of the Holy Spirit. In a sense, he has replaced our lawful hearts of stone with a grace-filled heart of flesh.

We also might ask, "What is God's so very serious intent that he would give himself for our sins and give himself into our hearts as his earnest?" and we find the answer in the Jeremiah passage where he says he shall be our God, and we shall be his people—this is the deal that God has actually done.

To answer the question, in God's own heart, I believe God's "dream" is that he desires to have us as his people and for us to embrace him intimately as our God in glory. The Spirit in our hearts bears witness to this, that we are already one with our Maker through Christ Jesus our Lord.

I know I'm not a Biblical scholar. Please feel invited to nudge me if you feel I'm off track. :)

The Holy Spirit is a spirit being that no one can see, but it resides in those who have faith in Jesus Christ. When you have the Holy Spirit in you, people who have the faith can really see that He resides in you. Even the unbelieve will see the glow. He is the one telling us everything about GOD and JESUS; informing us who they are and how we should show our respects and also praying. The presence of the Holy Spirit in my life is very significant in the fact that He is the one telling how to behave and also how to respond to those in need. By having the Holy Spirit in me is a sign that I am a true believer in Christ and also HE is very active in my life in informing me to discern between right and wrong. The Holy Spirit is our mediator, He is the communication between us and GOD. He is our communication line between you and GOD. By having the Holy Spirit in each believer means that each of us can communicate with God and the best of all is that we have a relationship with GOD.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:21b-22)

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signies that we are firmly founded in Christ and are annointed to do his service.

The Spirit unites us with God by being a marker to identify us as God's property.

The promise of future blessing inherent in the Spirit's presence is eternal life.

According to these verses the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives signifies that God has put his seal of ownership on us and that we are His. The Spirit unites us with God be interceding for us during our prayers. He is able to express what we cannot. The promise of a future blessing inherent in the Spirit’s presence is that we will be in the Kingdom of Heaven when the time comes.

It signifies / indicates, a strong indication of the Holy Spirit's presences in our lives is being influenced by Him, not it. This influence conveyed is not prompted by music nor the uttering or unction of / from others. Abiding / adhering to the Holy Spirit establishes a person as being consecrated (Holy), or set apart to the service of God by the Holy Spirit to / for the service of God.

1st John 2:20, 2:27 as a person is anointed by the Holy Spirit the significance is that they are under His influence, not their own or under the influence of Self a.k.a. flesh. Adherence, obedience to the Holy Spirit allows / empowers us to be in His Will, thereby by not only do we have an opportunity to be in His Will accomplishing His agenda, we also have the opportunity to communes with the Father.

By faith, Jesus the Christ is the way, being that He in person no longer dwell in the earth, He left the Comforter to minister to those that believe. When we received Jesus as Savior and Lord the Holy Spirit began to dwell within us. As we abide with Him we are united with Him. Honoring His presence in our lives gives indications that we are His. (Romans 8:9 ISV) You, however, are not under the control of the human nature but under the control of the Spirit, since God's Spirit lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of the Messiah, he does not belong to Him. (KJV) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Inherent = intrinsic, natural, inborn Through the Comforter a.k.a. Christ Jesus Him we establish that we are His. Upon accepting, receiving Him we are justified. As we live, move and have our being we are being sanctified. By grace through faith upon being in His presence we who do not draw back will be glorified. There are many parables that convey future blessing, the three that I'd like to reference are spoken in the same chapter. In Matthew 24 Jesus said that He would return, be ready, watch, and pray. In Matthew 25 we have three examples where the Spirit of His guidance was not carried out. These examples are where people are in their everyday lives, of the first five did not use wisdom, of the second one of His servant was lazy and disobedient; of the third parable the goats were indifferent and did not provide service. How does these three parables have anything to do with the Spirit. The three are One, they simply have different functions, the Spirit is not an it, the Holy Spirit is He.

He lives within those who believe as those who believe allow, or better surrender to His Will. Surrendering to His Will affords Him to be seen in us. Upon glorification the union will be wonderful, the betroth will have been successful, at that time we shall see Him face to face and will be like Him in character with the added promise of spending eternity with Him.