JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Getting the Glow of God

We can get the similar flow of Moses in the Spirit of our lives we spend time with Him. The way that meditating on the Scripture is beholding to God is that we are thinking about the things that He has said. We are putting them in our heart and acting on His word.

I believe that the low plane of Christianity is related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord. I know when I am doing the things that I think God is calling to be that makes feel the greatest.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

We can get a similiar glow of the Spirit in our lives by maintaining a closerelationship with God. Meditating on the Scriptures is indeed ebholding God, because this is one of the ways in which God has revealed Himself to us. The time we spen in communion with God can be considered a part of our daily Christian walk if spent in a conscious awareness of His presence. To increase my glow God is leading me to spend more time in His word and on my knees before Him.

The only way to glow with God’s glory is to spend time looking at him. This is called adoration, contemplating how beautiful He is. This will then help us to praise and worship Him. Meditating on Scripture leads us to look on God as it is the guide to what He is like. Without Scripture we are in danger of devising a God of our own mind, or neglecting the breadth and depth of his attributes. I have no doubt that the low plane of spirituality relates to lack of communion with God. 2 Cor 3 is very clear that it is through contemplating him that we are transformed to be like him. This is a spiritual process under the control of the Spirit. My prayer is for the Spirit to increase my desire and to strengthen me to spend time daily enjoying the presence of my Lord.

We can get the glow of the Spirit in our lives by spending time with God through daily bible reading and prayer.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

We can have a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives like Moses when we spend time in God’s Word daily, when we meditate on the Word of God, and when we apply the truth of God’s Word to our lives by living it.

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God?

Mediating on Scripture is beholding God, because we are reflecting on God, pondering Him, and turning what we have learned over and over in our minds.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord?

Yes, the low plane of Christianity in our day is related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord. What we are seeing is that people are not spending time in God’s Word for learning nor for their very existence. They are not looking at God as reality or that He actually exists.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

God is leading me to have a greater desire to learn and know Him personally, intimately, and to spend time allowing Him to change me into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ, to increase my glow.

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

As we spend time with God daily, and meditate on the Word of God, and then apply the truth of God’s Word to our lives.

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God?

Mediating on Scripture is beholding God from His word. From here we see Him as what His word revealed to us.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord?

Yes, the low plane of Christianity in our day is related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord. Most people are not spending time in God’s Word for learning nor for their very existence. They feel that God is not active today.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

God is leading me to have a greater desire for Jesus our Lord.

• 1 month later...

We gaze upon the glory of God in the Scriptures (the Living Word). As we meditate on them and allow the Holy Spirit within us to shape our lives by what we read, our lives will glow with His brightness. The more time we spend with Him, the more we reflect Him in our lives. I want to be more open to the Spirit’s guidance in order to be more effective as His ambassador. (2 Cor 5:20)

• 7 months later...

3a)As we pray to God,read &absorb scripture, His spirit works in our heart &mind&we reflect the glow of the spirit in our lives.B)Meditating on scripture,puts God’s word before all others in our mind. C)low place of Christianity in today’s world shows the extent people have turned away from church attendance &Godly values,prayer. D)To keep up biblestudies,putting my priorities in order, maintain fellowship with Christians &church to keep on track.

• 1 year later...

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

We get a similar glow by spending time with God in prayer and Bible study and praise and worship.  Mediating on Scripture is spending time with God in that we are spending time with His word.  Thus spending time with God. 

I believe the lack of time spend with God, as discussed above, contributes to watered down Christianity because there is no intimate relationship with God. 

God is leading me to spend more time in meditation and prayer.

• 11 months later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1084

As stated in the previous question, the Christian can approach the LORD directly because in Christ and His Spirit, the veil has been broken and, if we choose to worship the LORD in Spirit and Truth, we are “in” His presence and therefore have the same glow from being in His presence as did Moses.  By true worship, prayer, study of the Word, being in direct communion with the LORD, the glow will increase as we see His glory in our lives and affecting us deep down in our heart and soul.

• 3 weeks later...

We can get a similar glow of the Spirit  in our lives by spending time with God. We can 'see' God In His creation, in His word and His Word, in the faces of the poor and needy as we endeavor to help them, in His revelations to us and largely by the revelation of Jesus Christ. As we open our hearts and our minds to Jesus the Lord we are able to see something of God. We will never see the full glory of God but we can see a revelation of that glory.

Definitely yes, the low plane of Christianity in our day is  related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord. The lack of attention paid to the Lord radically effects the way we think and act.

God is propelling me to read and study the bible through Joyful heart. As well God through the study of liberation theology made me aware of the poor and needy. Gradually I am in the process of being sanctified .

• 7 months later...

We can have a similar glow on our face and in our character as Moses had when he went to meet with the Lord, by allowing the Holy Spirit to work Gods truth in us. By being filled with the Holy Spirit, our outer character is changed and our character is transformed. This Holy Spirit is Gods display of his glory and power.

By meditating on scripture we are beholding to God because we are allowing his word to change us from the inside out. By doing this we are allowing the Holy Spirit of Christ to bring glory to God the Father.

The low plane of Christianity in our day definitely indicates that communion with the Lord is lacking. Moral standards are lower and almost non existent in some cases. Lawlessness runs rampart, sexual immorality and perversion is on the increase, greed, hatred and all actions that are not beneficial for God, causes a downfall in society.

To increase our glow, God leads those that are his followers, to study his word and pray daily, to become more involved in the Church and neighborhood in which we live, to love our brothers and sisters as Christ loved us and to spread the gospel, using gifts he has bestowed upon us.           

• 8 years later...

Just yesterday I was talking with a man whose demeanor (not just face) seemed Christian. After a long conversation I said to him, "I can tell you're a praying man ..."

He said, "I am a praying man! How did you know?"

"I just could tell," I said, "faith shows."

Now, his face wasn't glowing but he had a gentle voice and kindly eyes. Other than that, I'm not sure how I knew he was a Christian. Deep calls to deep, perhaps.

--

Meditating on scripture changes us. Deep within, the ideas of the Bible start to permeate, add themselves to and then replace the thoughts previously existing in our mind. Perhaps anything we spend a lot of time thinking about does this, which makes it all the more important to fill our thoughts as much as possible with biblical ideas and prayer. 

--

The "low plane of Christianity" is the mean or average of the faith of Christians in a given area. A few Christians who are passionately committed to Christ can leaven a larger group, but it takes a lot out of them. The personal cost is great. Exhaustion sets in. Burn out. 

So it's best if the low plane is lifted by a tide that lifts all boats, that is, by teaching that is so persuasive and compelling that a large number of Christians in an area or church are more deeply committed to their faith and it's works. Again, Bible study is important but, in my wee opinion, prayer is more important.

--

God is leading me to increase my glow by putting me through painful situations and circumstances. Suffering seems to be the only way that a Christian's glow increases.