JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Compromising Standards

Why would loosening of sexual standards to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture be destructive of vital Christian faith and witness?

We are sanctified (set-apart from the world) by God when we confess Jesus as Lord and Savior of our lives. Loosening of sexual standards results in adultery and sometimes idolatry (as well as countless other problems as can be seen in the world today). Any disobedience on the Christian's part will result in destruction of the Christian's faith and the witness for Christ ceases to exist.

How has your culture tended to take the edge off your own Christian moral convictions or forced you to be quiet about them?

My son and his girlfriend (the two live together and have a young son) came recently for a visit. Knowing and wanting to obey the Word of God .. I had to let them both know they could not sleep together in my home. I was tempted to be forced into letting them do as they please, due to the world's encouragement of living together without a marriage license and due to the lack of understanding my son and his girlfriend have where the Word of God is concerned. The world has a way of making a Christian feel 'petty or silly' in their beliefs and convictions. (Hence, our need to overcome.)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would loosening of sexual standards to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture be destructive of vital Christian faith and witness? How has your culture tended to take the edge off your own Christian moral convictions or forced you to be quiet about them?

An important message of the Bible is faithfulness. Jesus is faith forever to His Church and does not lower His standards to accommodate anything outside the Christian faith. My own culture has changed in the last few years. Whereas at one time there was modesty in public, it now seems anything goes and, of course, any one objecting to this is considered old fashioned and out of touch.

• 3 months later...

Q2. Why would loosening of sexual standards to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture be destructive of vital Christian faith and witness?

I'm not sure where you may be going with this question. I take Jesus at his word that all who believe in him and so profess are children of God. I still have a lot of reading to do about just what Jesus had to say about sexual standards. There are some that certainly come forward from the 10 commandments, such as no coveting, or adultry. Regardless of the ever changing cultural waves, it is imporant to keep the convictions intended by the teaching of Jesus Christ. At the same time, Christ wants to be tolerant of others, and to not judge others. So, while there is certainly a place for speaking out regarding what our Christian convictions may be, we also have to remember the compassion and love we are told to exhibit, and the way in which we witness is VERY important. We must NOT come across as judgemental, hateful or exclusionary of persons who are struggling with cultural issues. Not all of God's children are strong. Many still need much guidance, and it must be given in a loving and helpful manner, from a place of true compassion in our hearts.

How has your culture tended to take the edge off your own Christian moral convictions or forced you to be quiet about them?

Nothing in culture that I am aware of has influenced my convictions one way or another. Culture is passing and temporary at best, with it's fads, etc.. True convictions are just that. They stay steadfast regardless of the prevailing winds of change in the world. I don't stay quiet about them, but on the other hand, a lot of what some folks have interpreted from the bible is misinterpreted in my opinion. Most everything we need to know is in the sermon on the mount, and by and large we are told to love each other, and take care of each other as brothers and sisters. To forgive others as we would want to be forgiven etc. These truths are unchanging where is cultural mores change constantly.

• 1 month later...

The loosening of sexual standards is destructive because it is against the word of God. Our country's foundation was built on the word of God, but now they are doing everything they can to take that word away. Instead of teaching what we started with we are now conforming to other culture beleifs which is giving Satan an open reign on our society. They are allowing openness that was never allowed before.

• 2 months later...

The purpose of us coming to America was for freedom to believe in what you wanted to. Now we are so confused that it is more important for some people to listen to sport figures who are not the best of role models. We are worried what other people might think if they found out that we believe in God and we try to not sin. We are a bunch of what they call Jesus Freaks. I used to be there now i don't care who knows that I believe in Christ and I try to live the way Christ wants us to. We need to show are love to God to people or when the day of judgement comes Jesus will deny us in front of God because we denied him here on earth.

Q2. Why would loosening of sexual standards to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture be destructive of vital Christian faith and witness? How has your culture tended to take the edge off your own Christian moral convictions or forced you to be quiet about them?

Well first of all it wasn't look on kindly in the days of Lot. Why would people think that it is okay today. I feel that God wanted us to have sex since he created, however; I think God created for us to be between a male and a female and a husband and a wife not a girlfriend or boyfriend. God also wanted us to be adults not teenagers and not homsexual or bi-sexual. I think as a young person in today society the kids seem to think that sex is no big deal. I have to differ with them on that since I am in a different generation and i dont have all the peer pressure the teens do today. If you are a christian and a teen and you are dating you do need to take a stand and say how you feel about it. If I had been a Christian when I was younger I would of taken the vow to stay a virgin until I was married. I know that it is probably not posssible for some people to do but I think that my convictions are more important to me in the long run then want my friends had to say. Since it will be me standing in front of him on judgement day not them. I am older now and I do at times let people know where I stand when it comes to my beliefs.

• 2 weeks later...

Sexual immorality runs rampant in our culture. TV broadcasts women who are dressed indecently, almost everything has a sexual undercurrent. To go against this makes you a minority, not accepted, an outcast. It effects job possibilityies and pay. People find it easier to not "rock the boat". By not speaking out against it, and accepting it, it opens us to further moral decay. We are not supposed to be of this world, only in it.

• 2 months later...

The gift of discernment is available as the Holy Spirit sees fit and if you ask for it as a true believer in the name of Jesus you will surely receive it. The greatest immorality takes place in our churches as scriptures are used out of context, or to support a culture and tradition which was not in the true intent of the writing - and in the name of God! This is using the Lords name in vain. Many christians exalt what they beleive their knowledge is above what is true and real of the Word. While sexually immorality is indeed a problem, Jesus forgave everyone who asked for it and he even replied "let he who is here without sin cast the first stone" and not one accuser stood!

If we focus on immorality, we will see immorality. We find what we seek. If we are true Christians, we are to stay focused on the Kingdom, we seek the kingdom first - We don't even see the immorality. We worship what we give our attention to. If you are caught up in seeking out sexual immorality in others and in society, what are you truly worshipping? It isn't godly or Christ-like to seek out sin - it is godly to walk in faith above the things of this world.

Christians needs to clean up their own minds - and seek first the kingdom. You will be renewed when you are born again, and the old you will pass away - including your need and desire to seek out sexual immorality. Focus first on the kingdom of God! Focus on your relationship with the Lord. If you are focusing on these things, you then know what to pray for in others. The enemy is the accuser and condemnor, not Jesus. There is freedom in Jesus and salvation - and forgiveness. If you are being shown what to pray for, be obedient and pray for it - enter into spiritual warfare - but be sure you are praying the will of God which is that everyone know Jesus and is saved! - Not that everyone is condemned for sexually immorality!

Seek ye first the Kingdom!

• 4 months later...

REVELATION

Chapter 7

"The Second Vision in Heaven, Sealing of God's Servants"

The seventh chapter is an insertion, to identify exactly what you are to be doing just before the end, which is the very time we are living in. The Fig Tree [Nation of Israel] has been planted, and the generation of that planting will live to see the end. As Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." [Matthew 24:34-35]

We are moving into record setting historical affairs in Bible prophecy as the happen rapidly. Russia fell in three days. The Jews and Arabs have made covenants at the peace table; The world is now under a controlling power by the one world treaty organization called the "United Nations"; and all the Nations of the world today go to that institution's agencies to settle their disputes. Borders are being eliminated for the sake of tariffs and trade between nations and are superceding the laws of the nations.

The most powerful events taking place today, is that God's Christian Nations are being stripped of their alliance with our Heavenly Father, His name is being removed from schools, homes, and even Churches, and Christians sit by in a stupor and allow it to happen. This is the time of the end.

The "Kenites" are controlling God's houses through their control of money, and taxes and within their four hidden dynasties. That is exactly how it was the last time Jesus was on earth, in the flesh. There is not much time to listen and learn. All of the wisdom that you need in these times, is recorded in God's Word.

Revelation 7:1 "And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree."

This is what we must know before the "Day of the Lord". This prophecy has to do with events on the earth, and not in heaven.

These "four winds" are the "four spirits". These four winds are what marks the end of this earth age. They are four winds that come from all directions and focus on one point. Thus it will be "by nature and natural causes" the end will come to pass, in a spiritual sense. This is also discussed in Ezekiel 37, and Daniel 7.

Revelation 7:2 "And I saw another angel ascending from the east [sun rising], having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea."

The angel from the east is the angel from God. You have heard of the Seal, or the "Mark of the Beast"; well, this angel is bringing the seal, or "mark of God." This seal from the angel is "Knowledge". It is sealed, or stored in your mind, which is in your forehead. No physical part of this earth, or oceans will be hurt.

The subject here is the sealing of God's elect; placing knowledge of everything that is to happen in the minds of God's elect and all those overcomers, so there will be no mystery in these events to them. When we know exactly what is to take place, Satan will not be inviting; for upon his arrival, we will know him for the cheap imitation he is, in relation to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 7:3 "Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."

This is what the angel from the east [God] said to the spirits of the four winds. The purpose here is to save the earth, the trees and vegetation, also the water and everything else, until God's elect are sealed. Until God's elect, each and every one of them completely understand the events that will take place before the seventh trumpet sounds, and Our Lord Jesus Christ returns.

That seal is knowledge in the minds of the elect, placed their by the seeds of God's Word. God's Word must placed there through your studying and learning what the Holy Spirit of God reveals to you. It's time for God's elect to stop chasing shadows, and study to know God's plan for the elect, and also what He has in store for the devil [Antichrist] and his world system. We are to be a part of God's plan, but not Satan's system.

Revelation 7:4 "And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Is'-ra-el."

This seal has nothing to do with going to heaven; but it is the full knowledge of How to stand against the wiles of Satan the Antichrist. This has to take place before the "son of perdition" [satan] sets his feet on this earth as the Antichrist. You will know how to identify Satan, from the true Christ, or you will be deceived by the Antichrist and become part of his system. Satan is that good, and the Word of God declares it before the fact.

This sealing will be marked in the minds of God's elect in all the tribes of Israel. If you believe this is referring only to the Jews, then you are far off base. The "House of Israel" comprise ten of the twelve tribes, and they were scattered long ago. We know them today as the Christian nations of the Americas, Western Europe, and wherever else they migrated to, and now exist. The book of Hosea details this fact for us.

Revelation 7:5 "Of the tribe of Ju'-da were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reu'-ben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand."

The Jews are of the tribe of Judah [Ju'-da], and Benjamin only, as well as part of the tribe of Levi.

Revelation 7:6 "Of the tribe of A'-ser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nep'-tha-lim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Ma-nas-sas were sealed twelve thousand.'

Manasseh [Ma-nas-sas] is the tribe comprising mostly the Caucasian people of the United States. The description of the seal and banner of Manasseh are deeply marked in our seal, motto and every thing else about our nation.

Revelation 7:7 "Of the tribe of Sim'-e-on were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Le'-vi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Is'-sa-char were sealed twelve thousand.

Revelation 7:8 "Of the trible of Za-bu'lon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Jo'-seph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Ben'-ja-min were sealed twelve thousand."

This completes the one hundred and forty four thousand [144,000] of God's elect, sealed in their minds of the events of the end times. The tribe of Joseph is also called "Ephraim", the Scriptures tell us in Genesis 48:8-27. This Scripture also tells us how the birthright of Abraham, was passed through Isaac, to Jacob [israel], then on to Joseph's son Ephraim. The name of Israel was to be placed, and stay with the tribe of Ephraim. Ephraim is the British [Covenant] people, and the bond between Joseph's two sons Ephraim and Manasseh continues to this day [britain and the U.S.].

The omitting of the tribe of Dan here is because of the sins of the people of that tribe, as recorded in I Kings 12:25-28. It was Dan that drew the other tribes of the old "House of Israel" into idolatry.

Salvation, or going to heaven is not the subject of the sealing in your mind. The 144,000 will be part of a much larger number that will also be sealed. In later chapters we will see that the "kings and queens of the ethnos" will also be sealed, they are not of Israel, but of Gentile nations. These are not royalty in this earth age, but of the millennium age. All these saints of God, as well as God's elect will know and understand the signs of the end times.

The object of the sealing being done in ones mind, or receiving the knowledge of God's Word and His plan, is so you will be able to teach others in the Millennium age. That age starts at the sounding of seventh trumpet, which is Christ's return. Ezekiel 48 shows us that in that millennium age, the tribe of Dan will be reinstated into their inheritance, and the tribe of Ephraim will once again establish it's role as the head of all Israel.

So after the sealing is completed:

Revelation 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"

This is after John's second vision has taken place. Only here, and in John 12:13 were palms used to glorify our Lord. The Jews used these palm branches, "and cried Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord". That is a fact, Jesus did come in the name of the Lord God Almighty.

Revelation 7:10 "And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."

In other words, these great numbers of people, came from all races and nations and languages on the face of the earth, and each and every one of them have been saved.

This is not part of the "rapture" as many teachers teach. No; but it is the people who have died in the Lord's work, and have gone to be with Him. It is my father who died twelve years age, and my uncle Ron who has passed on; It's my grandmother Knecht, who passed on when I was a child, and every other saint of God, who lived a life on this earth, and died and went to be with the Lord; from any century in this earth age. Those are the ones John sees standing before the Lord in their white robes, washed in the blood of the Lamb, and their sins made white as snow.

Though we laid their fleshly bodies in the ground, Praise God their souls went immediately to be with the Father. [Ecclesiastes 12:7] From Adam and Eve to this present time, all these saints of God are now angelic soul beings; though they sinned in the flesh, each has repented of their sins, and God is faithful and just to forgive all those sins, and make them white and pure as snow.

Revelation 7:11 "And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts [living creatures], and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God."

John is seeing in this vision this beautiful scene through the heavenly door.

Revelation 7:12 "Saying, A'-men: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. A'-men."

There are seven-fold blessings the saints are ascribing back from themselves to the Lamb of God [Jesus Christ]. These are given to Jesus Christ because of what Jesus has done. They again are; Blessing, Glory, Wisdom, Honor, Thanksgiving, Power, and Might. Remember back in Revelation 5:12 it named the seven spirits of life given Jesus Christ by the Father? Here the saints recognize them and praise the Lamb. However rather than "riches", in verses 5:12, we have "Thanksgiving".

The saints have already received their riches, at this time; and they are part of those riches through all eternity. So now they stand before our Lord in their white robes and bow and praise God in Thanksgiving. What a glorious Wonder to watch.

Revelation 7:13 "And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?"

Revelation 7:14 "And I said unto him, Sir [My Lord], thou knowest. and he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Notice where they came from, the great tribulation. They came out of the tribulation and "washed their own robes" in the blood of the Lamb. Nobody washed the robes for them. They were made white by the blood of the Lamb by their repentance and confession in Jesus Christ. These "witnesses", we will read of in Revelation 19, and our robes are the product of our righteous acts done in our flesh body, while living on this earth.

Those acts are the things you do, and in helping others in the name of the Lord. Our Salvation comes only by grace [unmerited favor] of God, through the blood of the Lamb [Jesus Christ on the cross]; yet our righteous acts are what we are clothed in throughout all eternity. True righteousness is only in Christ, but when you try, God accepts it as perfect. So these saints are standing there in their righteous works.

The term "great tribulation" is better translated "great afflictions" in the flesh, or body. For these saints went through afflictions in the flesh, or body; However they may not have lived in the period of the "Great Tribulation". That is the time when Satan will rule the earth, in person, as Antichrist. Many millions have suffered greatly in the name of God, and even given their lives in His service.

Revelation 7:15 "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he hat sitteth on the throne shall dwell among [spread His tabernacle over] them."

Many of these saints will return with Christ at the seventh trumpet. However, when the Godhead, and His throne move to earth eternally, it will be following the Great White Throne Judgment. Then all souls will be on earth and in God's eternal kingdom, or they will simply not exist. Not even the memory of them will exist. We will discuss this in Revelation 22.

Revelation 7:16 "They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat."

Our spiritual bodies are not conductors, or even affected by cold or heat. Though the flesh body is a producer of pollution; and holds the desires of the flesh, and the life styles we live. Pollution will not exist in the millennium and the eternal kingdom. The spiritual, or angelic body's desire and needs in that heavenly dimension are totally different than that of our physical body needs.

Revelation 7:17 "For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them [be their shepherd], and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters [waters of life]: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

There will be no tears in that eternal kingdom, for their will be nothing to be sad about. The only nourishment in the eternal kingdom, following judgment, will be the living water we receive from Jesus Christ. We have a lot to look forward to, so take pleasure in the seventh chapter of Revelations. It's your destination.

The sealing of God's people is nothing mysterious, or to hide; Because the seal is the knowledge of the Word of God relating to the times we are living in. It is to be able to see the events taking place, and relate them to the prophecies that are written in God's Word. This is only going to be possible through the help of the Holy Spirit. You will understand God's Word, or you will not and be deceived by Antichrist.

The Shepherds Chapel

• 2 months later...

Q2. Why would loosening of sexual standards to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture be destructive of vital Christian faith and witness? How has your culture tended to take the edge off your own Christian moral convictions or forced you to be quiet about them?

a) As Christians we must obey the commands of the Lord which includes His instructions on sexual standards. We should not lower these standards to fit in with the rest of society.

B) Peer pressure and the environment we live in is a huge factor that can influence our beliefs and determine how we behave. The society I live in (I guess this applies to most of the world) does not meet Christian standards and therefore I must ask the Holy Spirit for strength to speak out regarding such issues.

• 3 weeks later...

This question made me think of a recent email I received. The writer of the email mention a popular new movie with homosexual content. The writer said that Christians should refuse to attend this movie. This is a call for the vast number of people in our country who call themselves Christians to stand together against immorality. Christians could make an impact on morality in this country. We should stand together against what we know to be unchristian. We have many opportunities to take a stand for Jesus. There may be a cost. But many have paid a price before us. We shouldn't take our Christian freedom for granted.

• 11 months later...

I think the worldly standers are apalling. If it becomes a part of you then there would be no faith & witness and the same with each of us who are channel fipping when you see such as this even for a second it trigers a part of our purity with God and forces each of us to repent. As far as me, I was apart of the worldly culture to the fullest extent and when I found real happiness that Created this world just cause he loved us I will not be quietened for if I am asked I will give my story and show them the happiness that I have found.

• 1 month later...

"Therefore, I urge you, brother, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind ..." Romans 12:1-2b (NIV) Loosening of moral standards is conforming to the pattern of this world and destroys the witness of the Christian. Christians should be reflecting the Holiness of the Lord God in our lifes. Un-Godly sexual behavior, again our witness. If Christian behavior is no different from the worlds, why be a Christian? Sex and violence is so "in your face" in our culture that it is easy to be de-sensitized to it. To tolerant it.

• 3 weeks later...

Any time we conform to something that is contrary to the Word of God our faith becomes weaker and our testimony less effective. Compromise should be taken out of the Christians vocabulary for it is a weapon that is most effective in todays society. We become weak and ineffective when we compromise or conform.

I thank God that I live in a culture where serving God is acceptable, but I know for many today it is with a great price that they even speak His name. There was a time on my job when I first got the position I am in now, that I was concerned about how my supervisor would react if she knew I was a preacher. I did not really pubicize it, not because I am ashamed but because people act differently if they know you are a preacher, and I wanted to know them as they truly are. Since I've been in this position and it has become public knowledge that I am a preacher, I have been asked to speak at several different functions at my job. Thank God for divine favor!

• 2 weeks later...

This is as really tough question. In today's sociaty we cannot conform to the morals and attitudes of the world and remain valued disciples of Jesus Christ! Watching afternoon TV we see adultry, we see sex, we see same sex stories, on afternoon TV, a time when the young is watching it. Look at the music videos that play evdery day on MTV and VH1, plus on the stations that play country music, everywhere you look is nothing but sex. Many want us to think that we can blend in and not make waves, but, as Christians, we are to be leaven in the world, challenging the world and, by example, leading them to the Lord. A lot of time I am quiet about my belief not wanting to talk about Jesus with people for fear that they'll make fun of me. My sister in law says that she don't believe in Gof nor does she want to believe in Him if her animals aren't going to be in heaven. I pray often that He will guide me--specifically--if He wants me to step up and confront her at some time. I know that if He is guiding me and showing me what to say, then it will turn out right. If I just push forward on my own, I will do nothing but further turn her away from Him. I have been able to share Jesus in certain circumstances, at one time I was very active in church and loved going. In recent years I have been unable to find a church that I want to go back too because I haven't "felt" God in the church. A couple weeks ago I went back to my old church and felt such love there and felt God everywhere in the building that all I want to do now is move back to San Antonio so I can go to this church again. I am praying for guidence on what God wnats of me in and I am leaving it up to Him. This past Friday I found out that I had been approved for the disability that I had applied for back in November so I am praying that He will show me what to do with my life now.

• 4 weeks later...
I know a guy, who is at a considerable high level in his organisation, who is very friendly and helpful, but whose colleagues dare not utter a bad word or make sexy joke, in his presence. That is the level of seperation our God desires, from all of us his children in this world. It not possible to witness to our Lord, if we become one among the world. That is where satan would like to hit us hard , the flesh. Strong Biblical foundation to us and to our children, to our infants, can only make us strong to withstand the onslaught of the present day society morals. Above all coporate prayer, the only resort !!

That sounds like a good witness and I also think we really need to pray! Thanks!

I think a large part of the church has pulled back from addressing the issues och sexuality and purity and itself conformed to the reingning cultural norms. In the country whre I live it is even to the extent that much of the church itself condemns those who speak out in favour of Biblical values.

I have really been thinking about how this is destructive for Christian faith and withness. Of course that the church is not united is a problem in itself but how do our sexual practises effect our witness?

I have been reminded about holiness - being set apart. That God chose a people for himself and set them apart from other peoples. He made a covenant with them and promised to be thier God. A covenant that we became a part of truogh Jesus, the new covenant. That we too are made a holy people, a kingdom of priests to serve our God. In what way can the world see who God is through his people today? How are we holy to God set apart for his glory? How to we keep ourselves back from cheaper jewels because we know a greater treasure? Thats what I

It is not easy being a Christian in the world of today. There is a lot of pressure put on todays Believers to compromise with sin. Compromise is the blending two diffrent things, it could be moral standards in facing a situation in what is right and what is wrong.

If you say that you are a Christian then it seems that everyone is trying to get you to do soemthing wrong. No matter where you tuirn sin is hitting you in your face. It's on TV, in the movies, in songs, in books. We must not tolerate sin by bowing to the pressure of non-christians, we have to stand for what we believe in and not jsut go alone with the crowd.

• 1 month later...

God created marriage as an eternal relationship between man and woman. Yada, the Herbrew word for knowing someone in a sexual manner, is intended to be a demonstration of love for one another and procreation. The bliss that comes from such a union is to be cherished in love, now and forevermore. To interpret the sex act strictly for pleasure is to denigrate God and His intention, blasphemous for His church to do. Sex outside of marriage is sin and for His church to condone such as this is truly a testimony that it is not His church at all, rather it is the synagogue of Satan. There is therfore no witness for Our Lord, rather it is putting Him to an open shame.

As a church we will never shy away from the truth and as a result we will probably always be a small church as people would rather believe a lie and be damned rather than to hear the truth.

• 3 months later...

The world today has loosened the morals on sexual behavor to the level of abomination before God. Jesus told us not to be a part of the world to be seperate, knowing that todays pressure from the world it is hard to keep our self pure for the Lord and not compromise our testimony.

In todays world on the t.v. programs are getting us use to sexual imorality thru cartoons and comedy shows. Which then when this started we didnot oppose to it and now if we try to oppose we look like the bad guys trying to stop it, because it is the norm now. IN congress they are now debating a law that would keep preachers quiet about imoral sexual behavor (same sex unions) and could charge them as hate crime.

Q.2 Whenever we conform to a culture that doesn't acknowledge ( believe and change lifestyle) God we are no longer followers of Christ. Our culture (USA) is a people that is busy,busy,busy. Even those who attend worship service struggle to make the time to read their Bible. Then daily we are bombarded with media and ads that promote the loosening of sexual standards. The combination of the two (lack of Bible study and a sex promoting culture) is ideal ground for a desensitizing or numbing of our moral convictions. Keeping quite is a problem I think for many, it is for me. Unfortunately the "live and let live" attitude can infiltrate the church. The Bible gives us the sexual standards that are pleasing to God and what is best for us. When we oppose these standards we are being a "faithful witness" to the culture. Romans 12:1,2

• 2 months later...

Loosening any standards to conform tot he prevailing morals of the culture is destructive of vital Christian faith and witness. We are called to be different and not compromise our faith. It is this difference that makes us stand out as Christians and is often our witness and testimony. I believe that we are all guilty of falling into the patterns of this world - particularly through culture and pressure but God has called us to rise up and lean on Him, We can only do this if we lean on Him, study His word and spend time in His presence (prayer) - on our knees before Him!

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:6

It becomes more and more important for us to maintain our Christian values, Loosening of sexual standards is it to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture, it is totally against Gods word, He has strict guidelines for sex because he knows if used outside of these guidelines it becomes a destructive force, a useful weapon for the Devil.

Lord: Let anyone who understands this praise You,

O God, and anyone who does not understand it

praise You no less

Pax

Karl

It becomes more and more important for us to maintain our Christian values, Loosening of sexual standards is it to conform to the prevailing morals of the culture, it is totally against Gods word, He has strict guidelines for sex because he knows if used outside of these guidelines it becomes a destructive force, a useful weapon for the Devil.

Lord: Let anyone who understands this praise You,

O God, and anyone who does not understand it

praise You no less

Pax

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

1 Cor 6:18-20 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; You were bought at a price. Therfore honor God with your body.

Loosening standards desensitizes us from sin and weakens our testimony. Right where the enemy wants us! He (Satan) has ample opportunity in our culture.

Lord, I pray for the spiritual condition of all your children and this morning inparticular for those struggling with sexual immorality, myself included. In Jesus Name.