JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Battle Is the Lord's

Why do we so often forget that "the battle is the Lord's"? When things are going wrong or there is conflict in our lives we try to fix it our self. We become anxious and impatient and begin to lose strength and sight of who is in control (God). What does that phrase actually mean? God will take care of everything that concerns us, according to His will. He got your back. Remember, we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities..., so this is a spiritual battle and we need a divine spirit to help us fight our battle. How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles ("God is on my side"), rather than engaging in His battles ("am on God's side")? God loves us and He wants us to put total trust and faith in Him instead of giving into our fears, just focus on Him, listen to Him, be patient, and He will see you through. We are to rely on God to fight on our behalf.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 Samuel 17:47) Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”?

I don't know that we so much forget as believe that the "the battle is the Lord's." Most generally we will avoid any battles that we don't think we can handle ourselves. Paul says that God's strength comes out of our weaknesses. So if we avoid our weaknesses how can we see that "the battle is the Lord's?"

What does that phrase actually mean?

When we are up against something stronger than we are we need to look to God for His strength to fight that battle.

How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles (“God is on my side”), rather than engaging in His battles (“I am on God’s side”)?

Keep asking God if this battle is His or if it is a battle I want to fight. David tended to ask God most of the time whether or not he should go fight and we need to do that too.

Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”? Pride. Satan had pride. It was his downfall. Pride can sneak up on me. It is a temptation that you don't see coming unless you watch for it.

What does that phrase actually mean? We have to remember that although we are very important to the Lord, we are but one small piece of a very large battle. Just as in the Army we had to be ready to give all for the good of the nation, how much more important is our role in the battle between God and the devil.

How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles (“God is on my side”), rather than engaging in His battles (“I am on God’s side”)? Do not demand a certain outcome from God. Truely let his will be done.

Q3. (1 Samuel 17:47) Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”? What does that phrase actually mean? How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles (“God is on my side”), rather than engaging in His battles (“I am on God’s side”)?

We need to ask the Holy Spirit to quiet our minds and put our thoughts on God. When we concentrate or think of the list to do it pulls us back to the earthly and we forget.

We need to spend more time in the Word and prayer since arrogance seems to run in our natural nature.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Why do we so often forget that "the battle is the Lord's"? What does that phrase actually mean? How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles ("God is on my side"), rather than engaging in His battles ("I am on God's side")?

The battle is the Lord's means we surrender the entire issue into God's hands and wait for him to deliver us. We do not try to help him in any way by using our carnal wisdom or by manipulating the situation. For many of us, we think that God is not aware or not interested or not capable in assisting us when we are in the midst of our crisis. Thus, we try to resolve our problems with our own abilities and resources.

We must be so aware that God is present in everything that takes place in our lives. Thus we must humbly acknowledge that apart from Him, we are nothing. We do not try to take matters into our own hands and when things do not work out then we frantically seek Him out. Of course, God being faithful, will still answer us in our frantic moments. To believe that the battle is the Lord's, we must do all that needs to be done In the natural, place our faith in him and give Him the glory for everything that takes place.

From the beginning of creation, the memory banks of man have failed him. God can produce a miracle and in 10 minutes, many who saw it will forget. One of the weak characters of people today is that we can remember all that the world produces, but we do not want to make the effort to include God in our everyday life.

It means that God is involved with everyday life with His people. And we need to seek where God is working and go there and work with Him. Our eye sight is very limited to only what we literally see. Faith is seeing the spiritual works being produced by God.

If we are Christians, no battle should be ours. We engage the enemy on the spiritual level with the help of God. Facing the false things of this world and openly displaying there deceptiveness. Trust in God overcomes our pride and giving praise to Him is the victory we need.

Q3. (1 Samuel 17:47) Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”? What does that phrase actually mean? How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles (“God is on my side”), rather than engaging in His battles (“I am on God’s side”)?

We tend to only look at ourselves when we are faced with challenges. We forget that only through God we can concur anything. If we seek God in all we do then we know that what every situation befalls us God will direct our path and guide us in the right direction.

The only way we can avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles is to allow God to lead us and order our steps and any battle that comes against us will not be ours but God's and we will be on His side.

1. Sometimes in spiritual warfare we become so centered in the battle that we lose. We are so intent on whacking away at the devil that we forget to glance up. The Lord does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the battle is the Lord's.

2. From evildoers comes evil deeds, so my hand will not touch you. " But David strengthened himself in the Lrd his God.

3. For the battle is the Lord's , and he will give you into our hand". David, faced his enemy armed with assurance of God on his side. God gave him strength to fight until he gain he gain victory.

God wants to give us a holy boldness and courage, not in ourselves, but in Him. David see Goliath makes his arrogant challenge, and sees the fear of Israel's solders.

Q3. (1 Samuel 17:47) Why do we so often forget that "the battle is the Lord's"? What does that phrase actually mean? How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles ("God is on my side"), rather than engaging in His battles ("I am on God's side")?

We do ofeten forget that the battle is the Lord's when we are are dazed by the enormity of the challenge before us. We spend time looking at the problem instead of looking up to God.

The phrase "the battle is the Lord's" means that when we turn the battle to God by trusting Him to be the source of our success/ victory, He does fights and wins the battle for us.

We should however avoid the tendency of pulling God into our battles especially if the battles are self induced for our selfish reasons. Instead, when the enemy challenges us, we should call on God to deliver us. We are His children and should remain with Him on His side always.

We tend to trust in our own ability and strength. In this case, David knew that it was God who was being disrespected and it would be God who would defend His honor. When we take a strong stand for Him, He will support His cause through us. Lord, help me recognize whether I’m fighting for Him or expecting Him to fight for me. I want to consistently be on God’s side!

I believe it is because we so often might forget that He is there to pray to and battle for us. "The Battle is the Lords" means to me that once we have prayed and asked Him to care for us and help us with whatever, He must have to battle in His own mind, just how He should answer us. If we give Jesus the freedom, which He already has, to help us, we should never command Him to do what we ask of Him. God is always on our side, however, the answer we want or seek from Him, might not be to our advantage, so at times, He answers "no".

1. David is anointed by Samuel and receives the Spirit of the Lord, who had depsrted Saul.

2. We see the spirit coming upon David almost unsough and apparently without spiritual preparation.

3. It was the spirit of God coming for service, giving him power to prophesy, toconquer, to rule, the enduement for service and the ability to succeed.

4. In our life we must relyonthe Holy Spirit ~it is vital because its a gift from God the empowerment of the Lord

1.THE BATTLE OF THE LORD MEANS STEP BACK AND LET GOD FIGHT OUR BATTLES. WE CAN NEVER WIN WITHOUT GOD .

2.IF WE TAKE OUR BATTLES TO THE LORD HE WILL FIGHT THEM FOR US. MY SAYING IS LET GO AND LET GOD

3. WE ALL FAIL TO LET GOD DO HIS WORK. WE TRY TO DO IT ON OUR OWN. I KNOW GOD IS ON MY SIDE AND I ASK HIM TO HELP ME TO GET THROUGH THIS BATTLE

1.THE BATTLE OF THE LORD MEANS STEP BACK AND LET GOD FIGHT OUR BATTLES. WE CAN NEVER WIN WITHOUT GOD .

2.IF WE TAKE OUR BATTLES TO THE LORD HE WILL FIGHT THEM FOR US. MY SAYING IS LET GO AND LET GOD

3. WE ALL FAIL TO LET GOD DO HIS WORK. WE TRY TO DO IT ON OUR OWN. I KNOW GOD IS ON MY SIDE AND I ASK HIM TO HELP ME TO GET THROUGH THIS BATTLE

We so often forget the battle is the Lord's because so often trust in our strength!

This phrase means..... "God will act on our behalf when we trust in him and are obedient to his voice."

We can avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles rather than engaging in His battles when we wait in hope for The Lord because he is our help and shield and because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”?

We often forget that "the battle is the Lord's" because we begin to rely on our own strength.

It means that when we put our trust in God he will act on our behalf. God does not need weapons, they are just instruments use by man thru HIm.

How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles (“God is on my side”), rather than engaging in His battles (“I am on God’s side”)?

If we put God first in everything that we do and trust in His word, it wil show that we are on God's side. Step aside and let God do what he does best!

We so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s” because we think that we are strong enough to do things ourselves. To turn the battle over to the Lord we think that shows weakness within us.

The phrase actually means that we go to God for guidance.

We can avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles by engaging in His battles. If we are fighting a useless battle that has nothing to do with salvation then we are engage in a battle that is showing our pride. If we are engaged in a fight that means salvation then we are doing it for God.

Q3. (1 Samuel 17:47)

Why do we so often forget that "the battle is the Lord's"?

I've got to really study this one because I have been intervening for God in a specific area for ages..... I tell myself time and time again “that's it” and back I go again. Why? Because it involves family and I must find a way to distance myself from this person or I know it will probably happen again. At this point I have thought about writing a letter of “termination of financial help” to this person, my son. I would give the letter to this person and then also to my husband (not my sons father) to show him my sincerity in terminating this enabling action. Why do we forget that “the battle is the Lord's” - because we live in a world of sin, we are hurry, hurry people, we need to get on to the next need, we feel guilty about many things and take the personal blame and let me fix it attitude.

We cannot fix it, in fact we are the enablers to keep it going. Maybe we have even asked God to work on this for us and then the next day we take over again. But, also I think the phrase also entails a spiritual part. We are not only asking God for a physical intervention but we want spiritual healing or learning to go along with the physical intervention.

How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles ("God is on my side"), rather than engaging in His battles ("I am on God's side")?

We have to ask ourselves if our battle affects Gods kingdom or glory. If if doesn't I would want to have the where withall to not pursue my battle and ask for God's help. And I would want to do this because the longer a personal battle goes on the greater the chance that you will do something foolish and disgraceful to God. God may not really care one way or another if you pursue this battle but it is just too easy to do something against what you want to stand for.

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1162

The enormity of the battle depresses us, makes us feel powerless. It means God is able. He wants us to trust Him to bring vengeance, victory. Actually, they are spiritual battles in the end. If I am on His side, I am on the winning side.

Sometimes our battles are ones we got into ourselves & we arrogantly think we can fight them alone. Whatever the battle, we want to be led of the Lord!!

We often forget the battle is the Lord because often we trust in our own strength. Or, just as bad, feel powerless and defeated because we don't have any strength.

The phrase, "The Battle is The Lord" means God will act on our behalf when we trust in him and are obedient to his voice.

We can avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles rather than engaging in His battles by standing on the promises of God's Word

We often forget the battle is the Lords, because we don't give all power to the Lord, God ALMIGHTY! We forget sometimes how powerful the Lord is, EVERYTHING is from Him and of Him..we are mere vessels of His will! God is All powerful,omnipresent! The very first step is relinquishing our own will. We must realize we are not more powerful than our Creator! God is in Charge of ALL! Sometime we allow our own desires and our own pride to think we can do it ourselves! IMPOSSIBLE, everything is POSSIBLE when we let go of our 'puffed up" self and give our will to God ! We must let go of our pride and always humble ourselves as servants of God. We can avoid arrogance in 'battle' by asking God for His will to be done,relying and trusting in Him and HIM alone!

I think that we often get so wrapped up in our own fears and worries, that we forget to rely on God for our strength. The phrase, "The battle is the Lord's" means that we need to call on him to help us in the face of adversity; that He is the source of our strength and without him we are powerless. We can avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles rather than engaging in His battles by relying on Him rather than ourselves, by going to Him in prayer daily, studying His word, and acknowledging His control over our lives.

Why do we so often forget that “the battle is the Lord’s”?

We often forget that "the battle is the Lord's" because we begin to rely on our own strength.

It means that when we put our trust in God he will act on our behalf. God does not need weapons, they are just instruments use by man thru HIm.

If we put God first in everything that we do and trust in His word, it wil show that we are on God's side. Step aside and let God do what he does best!

I am so bad at this as I have stated earlier, especially with my children. I need to step aside and let God face the battles with my son, who is able to take care of things by himself but always seems to want to drag me into his predicaments. The two may seem like worlds apart but it is the same concept-our control to take over when it is Gods battle. I ask God for intervention but I no sooner than do that and I am back to doing Gods work for him. It's the same thing. I am a single mom. It's hard for a mom to be a disciplinarian, at least on a constant basis. Another reason why God created man and woman. It's as simple as yen and yang.

We often forget that the battle is the Lord's, because we can't get "self" out of the way and have faith enough that God can handle it. If you are in the will of the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing is impossible with Him. It is our unbelief, that keeps us from accepting the fact that the Lord will handle the situation. God will not be involved in anything that He does not approve of, you are not going to drag the Lord Jesus Christ into anything outside of what he has told you to do and knowing the voice of the Lord will keep you out of a lot of unnecessary hardships. Have faith in the Lord, get up and pray through everyday before you meet this world, and you will stay in the Lords will and you can rest assure the Lord Jesus will be right by your side. Thank God. Maranatha; Brother Mike

Why do we so often forget that "the battle is the Lord's"?

We are used to doing stuff in our own way, we are taught to achieve, to be the best, to become no 1. We learn to develop ourselves so that we can be the best.

So we learn to rely on ourselves, we learn to involve God as a inspector, instead of working with God, the "Hi God, see what i am going to do for You idea" instead of " Dear God, lead me to do what You want me to do, use me to do Your will."

God is in control, we must just hand the situation to Him

How can we avoid the arrogance of pulling God into our battles ("God is on my side"), rather than engaging in His battles ("I am on God's side")?

Seek the Kingdom of God, seek His will, Seek His Face, not just His Hand, seek God and become humble, become a true servant, serving God, not instructing God how He should help you.