JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Worthy Is the Lamb

:) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation is that He was the Lamb of God that was slain and has redeemed us to God by His blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

Today is Yom Kippur here in Israel. It is the Day of Atonement, one of the feasts of the Lord written in Leviticus 23 and explained in Leviticus 16 and further explained in the book of Hebrews. This is the only time in a year wherein the High Priest will enter the Holy of Holies to bring the blood of the sacrifice and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and before the mercy seat. So he shall make atonement for the Holy Place (after bringing the blood of sacrifice for himself and his house) because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their trangressions, and for all their sins.

Heb. 9:22 says: "And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission". Verse 24-28 say: "For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another - he then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him he will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."

Heb. 10:12-14 say: "But this Man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from the time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."

Hallelujah!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus was the only one found worthy enough to open the scroll because He had been slain.

With His blood He was able to purchase those from every

race, nationality, and language in order that they may serve God and reign with Him on earth.

He gave up his life for us. The plan of God hinged on the fact that Joshua could pull it off. He did. He stopped him self from living and offered his own blood To God the Father for a sacrifice.

He being sinless, God in the flesh, Could be the only one worthy. And being born in the flesh to produce a sacrifice.

Guest ayo israel

I feel that Jesus worthiness to open the scroll is based on His relationship (RIGHT STAND) with God, there was no sin found in Him and also His total obedience to the father made it possible.

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation? Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

Because He was crucified thereby making us redeemed---this was a prophecy by the OT Prophets and Jesus fulfilled the prophecy and in doing so He was the Messiah they were looking for and praised for the sacrifice for us.

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation?

Jesus is the only pure, holy, sinless man/Spirit/God who was able to live upon this earth and be tempted in every way that man is and yet was without spot or blemish. That was the only sacrifice that would be worthy to open the scroll.

He is our redeemer, who loved us so much that he was willing to give his life for each one who would come to him and believe.

Jesus is worthy of opening the scroll, and of all praise and glory, because against all His humanity (note the blood, sweat and tears in Gethsemane,) He submitted to the soldiers (who all fell on their faces impotent when He acknowledged His Name as Jesus, saying "I AM" which is the Name of God, and who had to be given time to get up and arrest Him! :unsure:

In so doing He sowed His own life in order to bring many sons into the Kingdom of His Father. He brought to the Father His own blood, and multitudes of sons and daughters for the Family of God. He is the only one who could give up His life in sacrifice and take it up again! No human could. No angel could. God's plan is perfected in Him!

• 3 weeks later...

What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll?

As it is written in 5:9, "You are worthy to take the scroll and break the seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation."

This act is very noteworthy in that because of Adam's sin, we know that there is no one worthy enough to have the ability to open the scroll, which shows the consumation of this age and the culmination of the plan of God. Jesus as the second Adam, born without sin and being sinless through His time on earth, is the only one who can pay the ransom for mankind and thereby being the Only one who can bring to culmination this sinfull age and the restoration of His creation as it was intended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12)

What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation? Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

The scroll being "representative of God's eternal plan concerning all creatures in all ages and unto all eternity" is in operation. Jesus sent to earth and did what he did, brought God's plan into existence for the ultimate end for all creatures in all ages to be. A prophecy fulfilled. It is reality that God's Kingdom exists for Jesus walks among the lampstands and is King of the Universe. He is known to us in the Word and in Spirit who is the faithful witness. It was through the act of Jesus on earth in God's perfect will, his mission completed through His death and God's plan through His Son put all of history in motion and position liken unto a marriage; to its consummation.

I think of God's plan and the promise of eternal life. His desire is revealed which is for us to be with Him forever. His mercy and forgiveness towards us, for us who have failed God have welcome and those who wait, welcomed back home. The Creator's love for all of creation is revealed. Our true image in which He created us when he made Adam and Eve before the fall and all of creation will be restored. Giving back to us what we have lost from the beginning by an act of disobedience.

I think of the battle God and Jesus fought throughout history and fights on our behalves up till and still today. Our creator, God our Father, He never abandoned us and unconditionally loves us, waits, waited for us. The plan brought mankind liken to prodigal sons have heavenly doors that are open and have homecoming upon realization and awakening. There is a marriage given for us with Jesus by God. Marriage, a designed plan in the beginning for man and woman and God, as a three cord union is the plan of consummation for mankind, one-flesh and three cord union. Perfect are God's Churches, the Bride of Christ. We are the brides to be (mankind) and the Bridegroom is Jesus. God's blessings for a one-flesh three cord union in the new Jerusalem, a state of perfection the restoration of all creation. All living in the image of God.

I think of the title "the reverse of the curse and break of the fall" my Pastor used in one of his seminar booklets entitled "Heaven and the Home". He taught on marriage between a man and woman and for those who work out their marriage to live in God's ways, comes to mind in thinking of the New Jerusalem to come. Jesus reunited us to the Father making open the door of heaven. We prepare, wait for the New Jerusalem on earth to come.

Jesus' act is noteworthy and praiseworthy!!! What was orginally God's design for humans to live in a paradise created by Him is to be restored unto us through His Son. When the second coming, comes, the New Jerusalem, there will be consummation. We will live as intended for us in his perfect creation, in His image.

Jesus' act gives truth to the words of John 3:16, for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. All is true what is written, and all promises we can claim in faith. Jesus is the faithful witness and comes to us in Spirit to bring us to perfection.

Jesus was worthy to open the scroll for doing on earth the perfect will of the Father. What made him worthy was his obedience to carry out the mission living life on earth as to the ways of God's kingdom in His actions, words, deeds. Jesus examplified the image of God and gave us the blueprints of life, to follow in His ways, the Kingdom ways. He was the perfect sacrifice and His blood was shed willingly for the atonement of sin. Jesus said to the Father, not my will but yours be done. He sacrificed his life for all of mankind, for all who were, who are and who will come. Willing to go to death for the sake of mankind. The scroll, its seals opened, for Jesus was worthy to open them. He carried out what the Father asked. The Father gave Jesus power to excute the plan contained in the scroll.

God and Jesus are one, eternal. Jesus' love for us is the same love of the Father for us, unconditional at the cost of great suffering. Jesus purchased us with his blood shed, enduring, persevering and being faithful to God's ways in the hands of men, his enemies. We are in the hands of men, enemies and so has all of history been in the hands of enemies, yesterday, today and tomorrow until he comes again. In the Last Days the plan of fullness comes into completion. Jesus excutes the plan. It is finished, it is done His blood covers us and we are redeemed. Jesus is worthy by the sacrifice of his life for us, obedient to the end. No more animal sacrifices but a human sacrifice, once and for all. The Father praises Him for Jesus is worthy. We praise the Father and the Son.

We praise Jesus for his worthiness, for being victorious, conquering and defeating the foe. Jesus did not fall trap to the enemy's plans but remained blameless to the end of his time in the hands of men's ploys. Jesus' encounters with the enemy reveals to us how to overcome. Do as I did unto others, Jesus says, follow me. He says in Revelation, be faithful, perseve and endure. We are the redeemed.

The life we live is not the life as orginally intended by God as described in the beginning design for mankind. There are seeds of appreciation being sown by what is revealed by the Word and what is revealed while in relationship with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Gratitute and seeds of appreciation for God's Kingdom grows in my life. The time will come when we will enter God's Kingdom in fullness. Jesus came so we can come into our fullness to be like him. We know life as mankind knows life as to what was (history), and is (our lives today), but there is to come a life that was orginally intended by the creator for us. The time before the pre-fall as in Genesis revealed. Things are being fulfilled throughout history and coming to completion. As I wait and see all that has been done by God, gratitude wells up greater in my being. I am so thankful God. For in the present moment of our time we can get glimpses of the Kingdom while caught up in the Spirit through worship and in daily life. Confirmation is given to the soul of the Word and the Words of God spoken that came to be throughout time. To just think of what we see and experience in times with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit in worship or daily living, as wonderful, how much more wonderful it will be is uncomprehensible when the plan of the Last Days is fully excuted.

To live life as it was intended to be, in His image as He created us orginally being with Him daily, forever. I think how Adam and Eve daily walked in the garden with God it says in Genesis before the fall of mankind. There will be a day as promised when we no longer get glimpses of the Kingdom of God here on earth but will live in God's Kingdom for eternity and here on earth in the New Jerusalem. All because of Jesus in what he did for us is praiseworthy and noteworthy by the Father and us.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation?

Because of His total and absolute obedience, and because He is the Lamb of God.

Because He gave his life for me and you, so we could have eternal life. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Jesus was worthy to open the scroll because He died for us. Noteworthy/praiseworthy because Jesus - being perfect - was and is the only one able to take away our sins.

Isaiah 11:2-5

And the Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him,

The spirit of wisdom and understanding,

The spirit of counsel and strength,

The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD,

And He will delight in the fear of the LORD,

And He will not judge by what His eyes see,

Nor make a decision by what His ears hear;

But with righteousness He will judge the poor,

And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth;

And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,

And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked.

Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins,

And faithfulness the belt about His waist.

Heb 9:24-26

For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;nor was it that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood not his own... But now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Heb 9:14

how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 10:9,10

then He said, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO THY WILL." ...By this WILL we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jesus was worthy because He came to do God's will, and through the power of the Spirit was able to present Himself unblemished before the Lord. He was the only High Priest to present a Perfect Sacrifice as a sin offering. Only through his offering can we have life everlasting. :D

• 1 month later...
Q3. (Revelation 5:9, 12) What made Jesus so worthy of opening the scroll and thus bringing history to its consummation? Why was this act so noteworthy and praiseworthy?

Christ' obedience unto death, without spot or blemish in His humaness, is His Worthiness. He Is Perfect In Every Way!!!

Why is this note & praise worth? Because He overcame the ways of the world and was the perfect sacrafice for us, and is All deserving of Praise & Honour!!!

Amen Halleulujah Praise God

:D

• 1 month later...

Revelation 5: 11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beast and elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; (12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. Matthew 18:11 For the son of man is come to save that which was lost. Mark 16:6, And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. (7) But go your way, tell his disiciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. Galatians 2:20, I am crucufied with christ: nevertheless I live: yet not I, but christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jesus is the sacraficial Lamb of God, martyred and given to take away the sins of the world. He in fact IS god along with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He is worthy of any and all acts.

Jesus is also the son of Man, and has dominion over man, and is the vessel by which we obtain eternal life and salvation from the Father.