JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Accompany Christ at His Return

• 1 month later...

How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died?

Those who have died will be resurrected and given new bodies, not perishable but imperishable bodies and come with Christ to meet up with those faithfuls that are still living

According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns?

All the angels will accompany Christ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 4:14) How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died? According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns?

According to 1 Corinthians 15:53 Christ will return with the believers who previously died and they will be in their incorruptible, immortal body.  He will also be accompanied by angels.

• 4 weeks later...

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 4:14) How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died? According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns?          

Those who went to sleep in Christ will accompany Him in spirit and there bodies shall be resurrected from the graves to join their spirits. All the angels will accompany Christ upon His return!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Those who believe in Christ and who have died will come with Christ as they are already in Christ. Paul wrote:"We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him." (4:14) To fall asleep in him seems to have the meaning that those who died in Christ are there with him now. Paul wrote: "I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far." (Philippians 1:23)If Paul is  to depart and be with Christ and this is better than being with Christ on earth than Paul must go directly to be with Christ. Also Paul wrote: "He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him." (1 Thessalonians 5:10)" This pretty clear, it is an either or proposition. Whether we are alive or dead we are in Christ and live together with him. So if we are with Christ when he comes we are with him, we will just come along with Him. Jesus, us and the angels.

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 4:14) How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died?

1 Thessalonians 4:14 tells us that God will bring back with Jesus, those who have fallen asleep (died) with Him.

Their bodies will rise first, in the Rapture, and will reunite with their soul or spirit, and they will receive a glorified body.

According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns?

Matthew 25:31 tells us that the “all the angels” will accompany Christ when he returns.

'Their bodies will rise first' probably does not mean in the rapture but they will rise to Christ when they die  and are with Christ throughout the ages until the second coming of Christ. Then those in Christ will come back with him.

Doesn't this passage teach against cremation? If the angels return and reunite with their bodies, what happens if there is no body?

No!, see above comment. JP Jones wrote :"When Christ returns those who have died in Christ will return with Him changed with their glorified body" People go directly to Jesus when they die. There is no period of heavenly sleep. Immediately we begin our transit to be with Jesus.

• 6 months later...

I believe that Christ with the help from God will return with all the believers from all ages back to life on the final days. I do not believe that they will be in the physical bodies that they had on earth when they were alive. A lot of these bodies have been completely destroyed from cremation or decaying in the ground. I also understand that all the angels from heaven will come down on that day.

• 1 year later...

Christ when he returns will bring with him all those that died in his name. Their spirit and bodies will be reunited to form a glorified body just as Jesus had after his resurrection.

Those that will accompany Christ when he returns will be all the angels.  

• 1 year later...

Q2. (1 Thessalonians 4:14) How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died? Those who die in Christ are with him now. But when he comes, they will come with him like a mighty army of the saints in the company of the returning king, along with myriad angels. Their bodies will be resurrected and reunited with their spirits.

According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns? All the Angels.

• 4 years later...

Jesus will bring with Him all the saints, believers that have died and gone to heaven on this day, and they will come down with Jesus and be changed in a twinkling of an eye. I read in the study the reference to people standing in graveyards looking at this happening after the resurrection, but the question I have is, if those coming down with him are also changed and those on the ground are changed and taken up then I wonder if anybody will be on the ground at this point?

It will be an awesome sight with thousands and thousands of angels coming down with Him.

• 1 year later...

Christains at death go to heaven immediately to await the resurrection of their sleeping bodies.  The saints who are in heaven will come back with Him and be reunited with their bodies which will be resurrected in a moment(v 14; 1 Corinthians 15: 51-58).

All the Holy angels will accompany Christ to earth (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10), to gather Israel (Deuteronomy 30:4; Isaiah11:11-12) and separate the tares from the wheat (Matthew 13:38-50).

• 5 months later...

How will Christ bring with him those believers who have previously died? According to Matthew 25:31, who will also will accompany Christ when he returns?

How will he do it? I'm not sure but it's interesting that the angelic order is involved and that it's not secretive, but triumphant.

When Christ returns to earth to gather those alive at that time, He will bring with Him those who have died (asleep). The image I have is of an army of people with resurrected or perfected bodies following the angels and Christ Himself. But, this is just my imagination!