JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Friends. I'm Kay Graves, aka mama k, from Muleshoe, Texas. I am a homemaker & community volunteer. Married for almost 30 yrs. to my precious hubby, John. We have two adult children. I was a Methodist for about 46 years...now attend the CEC. I find study to be a wonderful way to not only learn, but to hear GOD's voice anew as Holy Spirit guides the time of reading, studying & prayer. I look forward to all the joy that HE will bring forth...from HIS Word....and from HIS people. blessings to all..... mama k <><

My name is Steve McDonald and I'm from NYC. I retired as a Detective from the NYPD on my 20th wedding anniversary in May of 2001. I am presently a fulltime Campus Minister at a Catholic High School and am a part time Youth Minister at my church and another. I learned as an NYPD Detective that there are few coincidences in life. God has led me here and I am looking forward to this Bible study. God bless all of you.

Answer to question 1: Gideon claims that God had abandoned him and the people of Israel. But this appears to be true only from his point of view.But in fact God had not abandoned the people of Israel because when they called out to him for help he sent them a prophet to lead them out of their troubles. We often blame God for our troubles because it is human nature to blame others for our misfortunes. To avoid doing this we must listen to God through his word and learn to obey him in our lives.

Answer to question 2:the reason for Israel's oppressed state is that have disobeyed God in worshipping the God of the AmoritesThey had not listened to him not to worship the gods of the Amorites.

They broke the first two commandments. They had not listened by worship[ping the gods of the Amorites. Christians today are also not listening to god.s commandment to worship Him only and not any other gods be it material success and or money and an undue obsession with worldly matters.

:blink: Finally !!! Been trying to figure out how to do this ...

Hi All,

I am Gerry or Gramma to most sites, Loved the Luke study, but never have been in the Forum thing before... Can't wait...I'm From Wisconsin USA at least for the last 40 years .. before that Michigan.. Married 5 adult children, 13 grandchildren and a great grandson on the way :o .... Hope to get to know some of you as we learn more from God's great servant. And God bless and keep you Pastor

Hi, I'm Pat from Colorado, mother of three and grandmother of two.

I almost live online, since this is where I make my living. I've been reading Dr. Wilson's web sites (all of them!) for quite some time now.

It seems like lately every time I turn around, Gideon's name comes up, so I thought it would be wise to study his story in depth.

Hi. My name is Don and I live in Suisun, CA., about 60 miles west of where Dr. Wilson lives. My family and I attend Calvary Chapel--Solano (a non-denominational church) and I'm active in the worship group playing the keyboards and singing with the young people. We love the Lord Jesus and desire to find out more about the Old Testament and it's pictures (or types) about Jesus. Praise God for this Bible study in His Word!

Hello from Canada! :rolleyes:

I am excited to join this online study and I am looking forward to what the Lord is going to show me personally in the next 5 weeks!

I live in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. It is in the Fraser Valley just 1 hour from Vancouver.

I am married with 2 teenagers and love my job secretary at a church within walking distance to my home.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi! My name is Valerie. I live in Whangarei, New Zealand. I am a great-grandmother of 4, & grand-mother of 13.

I love to study the Word and to Praise and Worship my Lord. This is my first internet study and I am looking forward to participating with people all around the world.

What a great and mighty God we serve.

Hi, Im Chris and I have lived in the UK all of my life.

I was raised in a Christian family and baptized when I was 17. I stopped going to Church when I was 18 and although I never stopped believing for the following 29 years I was not committed to following Christ. It was only when I lost my husband that my journey led me towards Christ once again and I recommitted myself to Christ in November 2000 and was Confirmed at my local Church of England in May 2001. I have not looked back since - ok I have had problems and even times when I really felt deep in the valley but God has always seen me through these times with the help of the support of friends and the Church I attend.

I have always loved studying the bible and find that this study helps me to do even more.

Hi everyone! My name is Kathleen, but I'm better known to my friends as Kats. I hail from a small town in Ohio, just east of Columbus. I have been a library cataloger for the last 28 years. I am also an Episcopalian. I believe in angels and the power of positive thinking. This is my first online Bible study.

Hello, I'm Christopher, from Virginia but now living and working as a churchplanter in southern Spain (which is not warm currently <_<). This is my first online Bible study, although I've been using the Internet since 1991. My sending church is an independent charismatic church; I was in the Episcopal church as a child.

HELLO,

Iam Jose Quinones, I am a lay minister at Iglesia Bautista Misionera in The Bronx, New York. I have joined this forum ih the hope to learn, share, and grow closer and along with thers in search of closer walk with our Lord. I am very excited to begin.

Sincerely, In the name of our Lord and my personal Savior Jesus Christ

Jose :)

Hi,

I am from Eagle River, Alaska and go to Kings Way Assembly of God Pentecostal church. I am excited about this study of Gideon since God is working in my life in this area right now. :blink: I am blessed by computer studies for I believe God brings them our way for a purpose.

I pray that each of you will be blessed by this study and that Gods wisdom will be revealed to each of you.

Many Blessings :rolleyes:

Hello my name is Glenn Bohlander.

I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

I am involved with a Calvary Chapel Fellowship

church, Grace Fellowship in Tunkhannock, PA.

This is my first online Bible study.

I'm fascinated by having so many people from

different countries in this study.

:D

I'm glad you've signed up for the Gideon study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

My name is Eileen. I am from New Zealand. I work as a Nurse in the community. This is my first on line Bible Study