JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Why did you choose the name Jabez Mom? I chose jabez? Interesting! I have also been looking for a more focused scriptural study. This looks like the one. jabez

Dear Jabez:

I chose Jabez mom for a couple of reasons. First, I also want what Jabez asked for and hope God will grant those things for me. Also, Jabez' mother bore him in pain - that is what Jabez means. I have had so much pain in my life, not just with childbirth itself, but with raising my children alone - THAT kind of pain, that I thought: "I am a mother who struggles with the pain of carrying the full weight of supporting these children AND I am asking God for the same things Jabez asked for."

The ONLY thing that has kept my perspective is keeping my nose in the Scriptures and my faith rooted in God.

I hope this explains your question. Why did you choose "Jabez" for your name? I hope you find these studies as fulfilling as I think I will. I just started.

JabezMom / Catherine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. My name is Susan and I live in Central California, in a small town, near Yosemite National Forrest. I became a believer 11 years ago. I was saved by our Lord, Jesus Christ, one Easter morning. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever known. I had been invited to attend church that morning to see a special program put on by the church members. They played out various scenes from our Lord's life and times in the Bible. I remember being glued to my seat with my complete focus on the character playing Jesus. My heart was touched so deeply. Toward the end of the program, he stood on the stage with his arms open to the people and I felt as though Jesus was inviting me to come to him. The Paster told everyone if they wanted to receive Jesus as their savior to come forward. And I did. I knew when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior as I prayed with the Paster that my sins were washed clean and that my life was new. I knew that his love for me would never end. I knew that my life was going to change in ways I could not comprehend. And it has. I love to talk about Jesus and all that he is to me. I love to learn everything and as much as I can about him. I love that he sent the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort us and teach us how to walk with him and bring him glory. I am thankful for this Bible study and for all those who have been participating. I've been reading daily since I found the site, in February of this year and I felt the need to give back in some way. I'm happy to meet you all. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lissa and I am from the island of St. Lucia in the caribbean. This is the first time I am taking part in such an open discussion. I hope we all gain new insight into God's word which is truth and we would be changed bu His power through this deep study.

Thanks you.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Hello my name is James Campbell and I am really delighted to have come across the opportunity to study the book of Revelations. I am from Matthews, North Carolina but currently working in Camp Korean Village, Iraq.

I look forward in learning as much as I can from everyone.

God Bless You

I am so happy to find this study. I love it. Thank you so much for inviting me. I love the Lord with all my heart. He's my "Daddy" and he is Holy. I am from Port Richey always searching for more knowledge and wisdom. I read the bible daily and meditate all day. I want world peace and everyone to love one another. I pray for our World to become heaven like.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad you've signed up for the Gideon study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Ministry Development Pastor at Community Covenant Church, Rocklin, California. I have been developing online Bible studies since 1996.

My name is Rebecca Byrd, from Atlanta, Ga. I am a member od Liberty Hill Missionary Baptist Ch. where my husband is the Pastor, and I am one of the Sunday school teacher's. I have a great family thanks to my Lord, and enjoy reading the treads that being posted on this sight.

:P hallo there, I am Yollie, and from South Africa, I am a 2xcancer survivor due to the grace of God and want to learn to know Him better. I have never done this before, so I am very eager to learn, I am 39 years old, have 2 children and a wonderfull hubby.

Hi Yollie, I just joined on today, My mane is Rebecca, and I thank God for your delirverence. May u live long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you,

My name is Moses Mwila. I live in Ndola town, Zambia. Iam so happy to join the bible study with Jesus Walk bible study series. I hope by his grace i will be able to learn more even from other christians. Iam a born-again christian with Bread of life church international. I enjoy reading the bible and studying bible characters.

Moses

I'm glad you've signed up for the Gideon study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Ministry Development Pastor at Community Covenant Church, Rocklin, California. I have been developing online Bible studies since 1996.

Yes!

Thank you.

My name is Raymond and I live in Queens, New York.

I'm a Bible student who would like to share in the discussions as presented by your Ministry.

I however, do organize Bible study class every Sunday morning at Church but our book of study right now is Ephesians.

So I'd rather hold my breath whilst I try to catch with the studies on Ephesians.

Thanks for your insight.

Rayn

I'd like to say that I am happy to start this Bible study on line. This is all new to me. I have just begin my walk with the Lord. I have been away from him thirty years. I am from Ontario Canada, an Aboriginal of a remote native community. I am looking forward to the lessons ahead.

My name is Sylvia from Alabama. I am a campus minister's wife and a stay at home mom of a 2 year old, 1 year old, and newborn. I am in dire need of daily experiences of Christ and His infinite grace, mercy, and tender love as my hands are completely full with my load! Looking forward to experiencing Him through the Psalms study...

Hello - I am Denis from New Zealand (South Pacific) spent 20 years in business (Pharmacy) - retrained and the last 18 years served as CEO of NZ branch OMS International missions organization... thrilling years - the best of my life and there is still much to come as I am now writing faith-based adventure books for children.

Thanks Psr Ralph for your work and blessings on you all ... in the only cause that really matters - kiwidenis

Hello and greetings to everyone:

I started in the ministry in 1967 in Viet Nam.

God showed me many, many things, that I tell as a testamony, for His Grace is indeed very rich.

I Love studying the Bible, and every time I go thru it, I always find something new.

If it wasn't for God's Grace, I surely would not be here right now.

And I give God, all the praise and Glory for each and every step of the way.

• 2 weeks later...