JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

(A) Christ is God on earth he is the wisdom,righteousness, and redemption of God. Through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God we may receive these too.

How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

(A) as far as anyone will believe.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

It's all tied up in Christ. Without Him there is only human wisdom, which God considers foolishness anyway. Without Christ there is no righteousness, holiness, and redemption. Before Jesus came to earth and fullfilled His mission man's attempts at attaining righteousness, holiness, and redemption were temporary at best. Sin was still there. God chose to overlook it for the sake of His people but that could not be the way it would be for all eternity. "The blood of goats and bulls can never take away sin" as the Bible says. All that could provide was a temporary atonement. It's like paying rent. Pay a month's rent and you can keep living there for another month. When that time is up you have to pay again.

Jesus bought our dwelling place in Heaven for us and we don't have to pay rent to Him in terms of sacrifices to keep our address.

Those four above mentioned topics encompass the entire Christian philosophical system. It's God-based, not man-based.

God's wisdom confounds the worldly wise.

The righteousness from God is the only righteousness. Man's best attempt at achieving righteousness is like filthy rags to God.

There is no holiness apart from God's holiness.

There is no redemption except through Jesus who is the way, the truth, and the life.

What else do we need apart from that to form the basis of our belief system?

In 1 John 3:8 John wrote that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.   In Jesus we are freed from the deception of satan and this world through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus has given us the wisdom of God and insight through his teachings i. e. Matthew 5-7 -- the Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus has made us righteous through his death/sacrifice on the cross for the universal atonement for sin.  As David wrote in Psalms 23, God, our shepherd, leads down the paths of righteous.  Jesus said that he is the Good Shepherd, John 10:1-18  and said "...I am the way, the truth, and the life  No one can come to the Father except through me."  John 14:6 (NLT). 

Jesus said "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness,  because you will have the light that leads to life."  John 8:12 (NLT).  Additionally, he said:  "...Your are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."  John 8:32 (NLT).  Read all of John 8.

The bottom line is that God the Father -- Yahwew -- provides Jesus as a means for human freedom from and for forgiveness of sin; true wisdom; eternal life; and a meaningful relationship with God.  For those who accept Jesus as Messiah there is life, wisdom, and freedom from the works of satan in this satanic world system.

In 1 John 3:8 John wrote that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.   In Jesus we are freed from the deception of satan and this world through the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus has given us the wisdom of God and insight through his teachings i. e. Matthew 5-7 -- the Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus has made us righteous through his death/sacrifice on the cross for the universal atonement for sin.  As David wrote in Psalms 23, God, our shepherd, leads down the paths of righteous.  Jesus said that he is the Good Shepherd, John 10:1-18  and said "...I am the way, the truth, and the life  No one can come to the Father except through me."  John 14:6 (NLT). 

Jesus said "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness,  because you will have the light that leads to life."  John 8:12 (NLT).  Additionally, he said:  "...Your are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."  John 8:32 (NLT).  Read all of John 8.

The bottom line is that God the Father -- Yahwew -- provides Jesus as a means for human freedom from and for forgiveness of sin; true wisdom; eternal life; and a meaningful relationship with God.  For those who accept Jesus as Messiah there is life, wisdom, and freedom from the works of satan in this satanic world system.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God’s wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

3.a.  Through Christ in us, "the Hope of Glory".  By His Holy Spirit, He is made unto us wisdom, righteousnes, holiness and redemption.

b.  As we surrender to Him and allow Him to live His life through us.

I think Christ knows what God wishes and had always honored him by role modeling this to everyone. Christ showed how easy and simple these philosophies were. We will always be able to look back and remember what Christ did as a person.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption? How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

Christ represents:

1. God's wisdom because through Christ the gentiles are included in God's plan for salvation. His spirit gives us wisdom.
  2. God's righteousness. Our righteousness is as filthy rags but Christ sacrificial death makes us right with God.
  3. God's holiness because by his blood we are made holy and acceptable by God.
  4. God's redemption. We were bought back  from the penalty of death due to sin and therefore we are redeemed.

• 1 month later...

Christ shares His reality of values, what is good for us, what is right for us through His life and through the matchless Word of God.  He points us in the right direction for the right kind of living. He sets us apaart of His glory as our lives become dedicated to serving Him and the cleansing of our lives enrich and equip us to follow Him in service to Him and others.

• 1 month later...

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Christ shares His reality of values, what is good for us, what is right for us through His life and through the matchless Word of God.  He points us in the right direction for the right kind of living. He sets us apaart of His glory as our lives become dedicated to serving Him and the cleansing of our lives enrich and equip us to follow Him in service to Him and others.

• 5 months later...

Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption because in the form of man He is still God; and while here on earth Christ fully acted by the power of God.  Christ took no credit for anything that He did.  He said that He did only what He saw His Father do. As Christians we too should not lay claim to having wisdom, power, righteousness or holiness in and of ourselves. No; it's all in Him, Our God, that we live and move and have our being.

• 4 months later...

Christ represents wisdom of God because his words and thoughts are true. They are above the level of comprehension that most people can fully understand. They never change the thoughts or lessons. There is a timelessness of the words.

Christ represents God's righteousness because he is pure. He is free from and of sin. He never did anything wrong. He is above all men.

Christ is the ultimate billboard for holiness. He is the perfect role model. He put his life on the line to follow the will of the Father.

Christ is the sign of redemption. He brought all of our souls back to God. He put his life on the cross to save us.

I believe that these are the basics of the whole Christian faith, principles and philosophy.

• 3 years later...
On 2/5/2014 at 2:34 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Christ set the example for us to, even though we can’t be as holy as Him we should strive to make the effort.  Righteous because Christ is righteous never sinning, holiness because Christ is holy and was conceived by the Holy Ghost, redemption because Christ died for our sins not his for He was innocent of any sins.  Christ set the example for us, He use parables or short stories as something we can relate to.  These attributes of Jesus Christ go far towards laying the basis for living a Christian life.  We are children of the light, children of God so let your light shine set examples for anyone who needs redemption.

• 3 years later...

1 Corinthians 1:30-31)

In what way does Christ represent God's wisdom, righteousness, holiness, and redemption?

How far do these go to lay the basis of a truly Christian philosophical system?

For wise thoughts, values and guidance, we can come to Christ, for He IS God. So He represents God's wisdom. 

When Christ died on the cross, He took our sins upon Himself, now we can stand as cleansed /righteous before God. 

If we serve Christ and are His, we are as a "set apart people" and if we are Christ's, we are God's for they are one. 

We are redeemed by the BLOOD OF the LAMB. Christ's blood bought our deliverance. We are no longer captives/slaves, we are set free. 

It's clear. A debt (for our sins) needed to be paid. We could not pay that debt as we were not pure. Christ, the sinless, spotless One, the pure One, was prepared to pay that debt for our redemption. So He paid that with His blood, the last drop of it. So we are cleansed, sanctified, redeemed. Then Christ conquered death and rose again, so we too will rise again after death and be with Him forevermore. 

• 1 year later...

Christ represents God's wisdom to those who are able to trust Him to be wise. Such trust is difficult or impossible without His intervention. Trusting in oneself is the default position when it's difficult to trust in others. But God wants us to trust Him, not ourselves. He wants us to give in to Him, to submit ... to trust.

Christ only represents God's wisdom for those who can trust Him. The more we trust, the "wiser" He gets.

One surprising consequence of salvation and the slow process of sanctification is the change in worldview, or the development of a "truly Christian philosophical system." As someone upthread put it, there are only two philosophical systems, that of Christ and that of everything else. For those of us saved out of secularism, we are saved out of a mindset that consistently interpreted reality incorrectly.