JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Marriage Supper of the Lamb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (19:7-9) These verses draw together two themes from Scripture -- (1) God's people as his betrothed Bride and (2) the feast of all God's people in heaven. When you meditate on these themes, how are you both admonished and encouraged?

the way in which we are both admonished and encouraged is because god's bride, being the people of israel and the feast of all god's people in heaven, not only tells us that his chosen people the israeli's are not the only ones to be at the feast of all god's people in heaven but also those who have followed him faithfully and lovingly. we are admonished in the sense that we feel we are not worthy but encouraged because we know god is a loving god and want's us all to enjoy eternity with him.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (19:7-9) These verses draw together two themes from Scripture -- (1) God's people as his betrothed Bride and (2) the feast of all God's people in heaven. When you meditate on these themes, how are you both admonished and encouraged?

These words are great inspiration to do things that align with God's will (feed the hungry, take care of the widow and orphan) for His name's sake! It is the belief in His righteousness that we wait in joyful anticipation for His reign!

The Betrothal of Christ and the Church - the Church having remained faithful to Christ having now come to the actual marriage - this is an admonition for us to remain faithful to God and an encouragement knowing that we will not only live eternally in His presence but have a special place there.

B)

• 1 month later...

Revelation 19:7-9-The marriage of the Lamb

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God

Answer:

It admonished me to be patient,and wait upon the Lord,and to be watchfull,expecting Him to come any moment,not to be complacent,for the enemy is like a roaring tiger,ready to devour,kill and destroy(John 10:10)

• 3 months later...

As Christ's bride, I am admonished on how much I wander from my first love. I am admonished on His kindness and caring of me, when He passed by and saw me in my sins, yet covered me and gave me a solemn oath to take me as His bride. How often I forget that and turn from His love. I am encouraged though, that His promises are secure. That He never leaves me nor forsakes me. That I will be presented to Him as a pure and spotless bride, through HIS grace and covered still, by HIS blood.

As for being a part of all God's people at the feast, I am admonished to be prepared at all times. To be found being watchful and ready. Day to day, that can be a struggle if we are not truly abiding. I am encouraged by the looking forward to the fulfillment of God's promises to us. That Christ confers on us a Kingdom just as His Father conferred one on Him. That we may eat and drink at the table in His Kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel. So MANY promises to look forward to in faith!

• 1 month later...

I am encouraged in the fact that God wants us for Himself and with that He has promised to never leave nor forsake us! He has planned great and marvelous things for His children. He has chosen us through and betrothed us to His Son Jesus Christ. This means He is in and with us, and is committed to leading, guiding and preparing us for His great feast!

We are admonished that we cannot take God for granted. We must persevere in Him and prepare ourselves to be beautiful, unblemished brides to the Bridegroom. As He goes to prepare a place for us, we must wait with hopeful expectation, cleansing ourselves from all unrighteousness and walking in the works He prepared for us before time. Interestingly, one of Jesus

• 3 months later...

These verse help me to realize that I am God bride and that when all of God people are together we are at the reception and we are

happy because all of his brides are there and we are praise and worshipping him because we are marry to him our king of king and

lords of lords and there no more saddness we are worshipping him.

• 1 year later...

As a part of God betrothed bride which is the people who trust and believe in Him, (His Church), He warned that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and end, the who was, is and forever be the Groom for His. The Groom paid a huge dowry for His bride, His blood!

It is encouraging to know He will come a second time take us, His church, into His heavenly gardens and the chambers of his love and joy forever.

• 4 weeks later...

The marriage of the Lamb to his bride is the final union between Jesus Christ and his Church.  The prophets thought of Israel as the chosen bride of God.  Marriage symbolism runs through the gospels.  Marriage, any real marriage must contain four things; love, intimate communion, joy and fidelity.  These four things must also be present in a relationship with Christ and the Church. This is encouraging because as Christians this is what we are striving for.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (19:7-9) These verses draw together two themes from Scripture -- (1) God's people as his betrothed Bride and (2) the feast of all God's people in heaven. When you meditate on these themes, how are you both admonished and encouraged?I

It is going to be a delightful, fulfilling moment to sit at the feast table as a part of the Bride of Christ and have fellowship with believers from throughout time.  To be in the direct presence of Jesus can't be put into words.  To be a part of the Kingdom of God for eternity is overwhelming as well as encouraging.  It is wonderful to know that our relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit allows our road to go on forever.  I think too, the feast represents a place at the table for the faithful.  Like running a race or embarking on a journey and crossing the finish line.  Finishing what was started.  Finding comfort in staying the course.  Then the joy and relief of being with all the others who were on that same journey with God throughout time.  That is something to look forward to.

The passages of scripture where Jesus talks about the Feast of the Lamb and entering the Kingdom of God, Jesus also admonishes His listeners to be watchful for HIs return; to be holy and righteous, and to be intentional seekers of entry into the Kingdom of God.  We are to walk away from the kingdom of this world and join the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.  The admonishment also warns us not to be deaf, but to listen to Jesus and don't be left out of the Kingdom of God.  God told Cain to do the right things and he would be accepted.

i

• 1 year later...

I feel that it is a sad affair that not all those people who said that they were "God's people" really were. The church needed to be cleansed of all those false people. Only the pure will be able to celebrate.

However, I am encouraged to live my life as Christ would have me live it. And I to can be at the final celebration of when Jesus comes to bring His bride home to be with Him in heaven. I feel that all of the biblical promises of life ever after will be fulfilled on this day. I am overcome with hope, joy and love at that prospect.

• 1 year later...