JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy City, Bride, Church

Q3. (Revelation 22:9-27) John's vision of the Holy City is obviously strongly symbolic. But the Holy City pictures "the bride, the wife of the Lamb" (22:9-10; 21:21:2). What does John's vision of the Holy City tell us about the way that Jesus looks at his Church?

Answer:

Rev 22:9-10-9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:21- 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Rev 21:2-And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The Vision tells us that the bride is liken to an Angel

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John's vision of the Holy City tells us that Jesus sees the church as new, coming down from heaven, pure, beautifully dressed and prepared for her husband. She is faithful and shining with the glory of God. She is committed to Him and His presence is known. She has made herself ready and is beautiful. She is brilliant and perfected and totally transformed.

WOW!

How I long for that....and it will be!

Wow!

Glorious day!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (Revelation 21:9-27) John's vision of the Holy City is obviously strongly symbolic. But the Holy City pictures "the bride, the wife of the Lamb" (21:9-10; 21:2). What does John's vision of the Holy City tell us about the way that Jesus looks at his Church?

It tell us that jesus look at the chruch as his bride as a wife. Without spot or sin He look at the chruch as beautiful the one that he long for like a husband long for his wife.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (Revelation 21:9-27) John's vision of the Holy City is obviously strongly symbolic. But the Holy City pictures "the bride, the wife of the Lamb" (21:9-10; 21:2). What does John's vision of the Holy City tell us about the way that Jesus looks at his Church?

Jesus views or looks upon the church as a bride -- beautiful and pure.

• 1 year later...

Jesus sees His church as perfect. It radiates of love. There is acceptance of all who live there. It is the most beautiful. There is not a thing wrong with it.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Holy City, Bride, Church