JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Jesus Your Rabbi

Q1. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi? How often do you come to him 

to teach you? How do you receive his teaching? How teachable do you think you are?

1. He is my leader, teacher, my master, and my everything.

1. Everyday and all during the day.

1. I read, pray, go to church, accept bible studies,and meditate.

1. From a schedule of 1-10, It is 9 1/2 and I working on 10.I am trying to do 

everything I can.

Q1.

Q. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi?

A. I am His disciple/ student

Q. How often do you come to him to teach you?

A. Every day

Q. How do you receive his teaching?

A. I read/ hear His word, believe and internalise what I read/ hear

Q. How teachable do you think you are? 

A. Very teachable want to be better

Q1. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi? How often do you come to him to teach you? How do you receive his teaching? How teachable do you think you are?

My relationship to Jesus as my Rabbi is that he teaches me first to overcome my own faults through his spirit.

I come to Jesus every evening, learning God's word and listening for his soft voice to instruct me.

Receiving the Lord's teaching is usually through reading God's word.

I believe I am very teachable but keeping and doing the command's of the Lord is difficult. Depending on the flesh makes it near impossible to accomplish anything on my own. Often after I pray the Lord answers me immediately, be it by song, a small inner voice or reading his word or these lessons. yes, sometimes the answer even comes while I am praying and explaining to the Lord my request. Praise His Holy Name.     

What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi?

Jesus is the perfect Rabbi for me. His teaching is perfect because He teach us with too much love.

How often do you come to him to teach you?

Every single day.

How do you receive his teaching? 

With open heart.

My relationship with Jesus as teacher"rabbi" is cordial. I am at the listening end while he speaks to me through his word.

I come to Him to teacg me daily through prayers

With my heart wide open to accept His teachings.

I think that I am quite teachable now by the way i live in my community

1. Jesus is my teacher, I am learning and asking Him to not only give me head knowledge but more importantly heart knowledge, and the wisdom to put it into my life.

2. I usually spend time in His word daily and am so thankful that He has provided His Word to me.

3. I receive His teaching with a thankful heart but I know at times I read it but do not always receive like I should, work in progress.

4. I think I am teachable but sometimes the student ( me ) forgets that the teacher always has my best interest in mind and always knows what I need.

By feeling God’s presence in our lives. Set God before you always” (Psalms, 16:8). Invite Him into your life and develop a relationship with Him.

I will literally follow Jesus wherever he went, listen to him, follow his teaching, imitate him, and help him with his ministry.

1. Loving- When it comes to love, Jesus gave these directives: Love God. Love your neighbor. (See Matthew 22:36-40).

2. Living -Treat others as you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12 states it that simply. Improve your life today by treating those around you with kindness and respect

3. Communicate with Jesus - God loves us. As our Heavenly Father, we Communicate with Him through prayer, express gratitude, and also ask for those things that we need. Great, life-changing power is available us through sincere prayer.

4. Have Faith -Faith in Jesus Christ means trusting Him, remembering Him, and following His teachings. It is a conviction that He is the Son of God. When you provide room in your heart to have faith in Christ, you will notice your life improve.

I am teachable because I have taken my yoke and to follow him.  I have been transformed by renewal of my mind to follow him.

• 3 weeks later...

My relationship to Jesus as my Rabbi is, He is my Teacher and I am His disciple.

I try to come to Jesus to teach me on a daily basis.

I receive His teaching by reading and studying the bible, attending adult Sunday school at church, and being part of a small bible study group.

I like to believe I am fairly teachable. I am open do learning from God's Word.

• 9 months later...

My relationship to Jesus as my Rabbi is great, He teaches me through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. 

I often ask Jesus daily to teach me through His Holy Spirit. 

I received His teachings in my spirit. 

I believe I am always open to learn new things through the Holy Spirit leading,  so I think I am teachable. 

• 1 year later...

How often do you come to him to teach you?

I come to him through all teaching sessions held in the church for the entire church, as well as on a daily basis( most days) where he teaches me in my quiet time with him.

I receive his teaching through those whom he has appointed teachers in the church . But I know that I have to ask the Holy Spirit to move the knowledge from my head into my heart. I also receive it directly through the Holy Spirit who communicates to me the truth written in his word.

At the risk of sounding as if I am blowing my own trumpet, I am very teachable. I have a deep hunger for God’s truth, and a genuine desire to live it out in my life. But alas I find the flesh quite a formidable foe.(you know, the things I would not that I do). But I am depending on Jesus who has given me, and will give me the victory.

• 2 months later...

My relationship to Jesus or Yeshua as my Rabbi or Rabboni or Teacher is very close. I reach out to Him as I read the Scriptures and am willing to do what He says even if it means death or being ostracized. I am willing to do His mission because of His love for me knowing that He died for me. I go to Him for teaching daily by reading the Bible daily and praying as I read. I receive it willingly even when it corrects me. I am extremely teachable at this time. At one time I was teachable because of sin in my life.  

My relationship to Jesus as Rabbii is not as close as it should be right now. I have let other things come in between and have trouble trusting Him now. Right now I am not as teachable as I should be. I do not always listen to what He is trying to tell me through His Word. I feel distant from Him at times. I do not spend enough time with Him as I should. I read the Bible every day but often do not take the time to pray as I should. I find it hard to concentrate as I should when I do not have enough sleep. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi?  He is the Rabbi.   I am the disciple.  

How often do you come to him to teach you?  I don't think that I come to him specifically to be taught although maybe I should.  I asked God what to teach one time.  He pounded into my heart for a day and a half, 'teaching them to obey all I have commanded you.'  I thought, What a novel idea.  To teach what Jesus said to teach.   I come to Him more for fellowship than for teaching.  

How do you receive his teaching?  By the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.  The first pastor I had after I was filled with the Holy Spirit taught me not to listen to any person including him unless it confirmed with what God was speaking to me through His Spirit and Word.  

How teachable do you think you are?  I have much room for improvement. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:11 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi? I accept the Lord Jesus as my God, and Savior. I try my best to adhere to his teaching of living a life free of sin. It would be easier to call him my Rabbi if I was able to sit before him and listen to his words. But since that is not possible now, I just use his words from the Bible try to adhere to his teaching. 

How often do you come to him to teach you?  Anytime I'm reading something and questions arise, I just ask him. I recently asked if it was still the case that it was very difficult for rich people enter the Kingdom of God. I asked because in our current society, plenty of wealthy people have used their talents to provide jobs for people, and to create prosperity. Many like Buffet and Gates, spend a great deal of time on charitable efforts. If they are righteous and generous, is it still difficult for them to be saved?

How do you receive his teaching? I read the Bible and follow the words he imparted to his disciples. How teachable do you think you are?  Very teachable. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:11 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. What is your relationship to Jesus as your Rabbi? How often do you come to him to teach you? How do you receive his teaching? How teachable do you think you are?

a. My relationship to Jesus as Rabbi is listening for the voice of His Spirit residing in me, to lead and guide me in the ways of righteousness and to depend on Him.

b. Every day by His Holy Spirit, to hear His still small voice.

c. I receive His teachings by His Holy Spirit in prayer, in reading and studying His Word, in church services, in listening to good Bible based speakers, in life experiences, in nature, etc.

d. I am open to what the Lord wants to teach me.  I want to know Him more, His Word, His life and what He wants to do through me.

• 1 year later...

Jesus is Lord over my life. I see Jesus as my master who has the right to guide and direct me to go in the right direction and if I am not in line with something, then he will correct me to help bring me back in line with his word. I usually come to him everyday to learn something. It may be something new or even just going back over something I need to hear again.

I receive his teaching with gladness in my heart I love to receive truth. 

I'm opened minded to what the Lord wants me to understand. I'm teachable to what Jesus wants me to understand.

• 1 year later...

I have no difficulty thinking of Jesus as my Rabbi/teacher. This is our primary relationship, in fact. I start out every day with an hour or two of study -- Jesus Himself bookends my days at the beginning and end. I study His word and read the words of wise men and women, usually 19th century pietists. Then I write out my prayers, honestly and openly expressing doubt, concern and need. Intercessory prayer has been a growing part of this time.

I think I'm teachable because I can look back and see how I've been taught and have learned. When I fail ... He picks me up, dusts me off, and sets me on my feet. When I doubt, He is patient. Sanctification is a process, not a moment, and this process is happening within me.