JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Spiritual Hunger

Because Moses was talking face to face with God he has got great desire to seek more from God's knowledge and see his Glory.

Paul : for the sake of knowledge in Christ he is treating everything to loss, and pressing forward by forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before.

My spiritual hunger towards God is very high, I would like to spend more time with him specially talking to Him ( in Prayer) get more closer to him by understanding His word and most importantly trying to live according to the word which is revealed to me.

I would like to satisfy my hunger by being more active in participating  and attending every service in the church and outside church to be in constant touch with God all the time instead of wasting time on earthly works.

• 1 month later...

Why does Moses hunger to see God's glory?

Why does Paul press on?

What spiritual hunger do you see in yourself?

How might you increase this hunger?

How might you satisfy this hunger?

Because of Moses’ incessant search for the truth and the same holds true for Paul. Paul’s reason is because he considered anything short of searching for Jesus as loss. I see a pretty strong hunger in myself, much, much stronger than when I first learned about Jesus and opened a Bible and couldn’t close it. After having fallen more than once, falling hard as a matter of fact, I have personally seen the power of God at work when He is searched for relentlessly. The way to increasing this hunger is by feeding it, but, to satisfy it? Never happen. One can never get enough of Jesus.

Moses's spiritual hunger is because he found what his been looking for all his life. all his questions answered. Moses grew up as an Egyptian prince only to learn that the life he was living is a lie. Moses saw that with God on his side he was someone and God used him to reveal his power through. and Moses wanted to see and experience more of this powerful God who had power over all things.

Paul speaks of a life where according to his teachings as a devout Jewish scholar everything that he believed in built his life on meant nothing without Jesus. Paul's experience with God changed his whole life irrevocably. He learnt that Jesus was and is truly the hope that they were waiting for. everything he was taught about the Jewish laws and the great prophets was that they were all speaking about Jesus. He has never met such a powerful peaceful individual such as Jesus Chri.st

Moses hungers to see God's glory because he wants to be with God (relationship as with important people).  It is his desire to know God in all of His ways to praise God for this revelation.  

Paul presses on because his goal is to obey and see God.

In myself, I hunger for more of God and do things that shows I am seeking Him.  It is a hunger to please God in all of my ways.

I can increase this hunger when I consider who God is and then give Him praise.  It is wanting to know Him on an intimate level.

This hunger cannot be satisfied but it can be dealt with by the spirit of spiritual disciplines and seeking to know His word.

• 2 months later...
On December 16, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. Why does Moses hunger to see God’s glory? Why does Paul press on? What spiritual hunger do you see in yourself? How might you increase this hunger? How might you satisfy this hunger?

Moses hungers to see God's glory is his wanting more intimacy with God.  He wanted that "me" time with him.  Just as I am seeking that same " me " time.  I am wanting to have more and more spiritual encounters and come out with that same glow that Moses had.  That same spiritual knowledge, that peace that surpasses all understanding.  I am chasing after God through Bible reading, study, prayer and training my mind to be forever on God.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:25 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. Why does Moses hunger to see God’s glory? Why does Paul press on? What spiritual hunger do you see in yourself? How might you increase this hunger? How might you satisfy this hunger?

Moses hunger to see God’s glory because He wanted concrete confirmation of His presence.  He hungered for a deeper relationship with God.

Paul pressed on to gain the reward of the faithful.

In myself the spiritual hunger that I see is wanting to experience more of God's divine supernatural power in my life, the lives of my family members, friends and acquaintances.

This hunger is increased the more I seek God for favor and grace.  

I can satisfy this hunger as I rest in God's amazing love.

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:25 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Moses wasn’t sure he could lead God’s people out of oppression from The Egyptians.  He doubted himself because he had a speech impediment, so Moses wanted to see God’s glory to give him strength.  Paul presses on because of the glorious vision of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the commandment the Lord gave to him.  All throughout the entire Holy Bible God chooses people that you wouldn’t think He would, but He knows what He’s doing as He said the Word I send will accomplish what I want it to it will not come back to Me void.  To glorify the Lord God, to learn as much as I can about God and to teach people about Him.  To preach good tidings to as many people as will listen to me, to pull as many people from the power of Satan and darkness to the power of God and light.  To fulfill all that the Lord has sent me to do.  Nothing is going to stop me, Satan has tried everything to hinder me from achieving my goals and more importantly the goals God has for me.  By becoming an ordained minister and building a reputation as a great motivator and a light of God.

• 4 years later...

Moses was not just content in listening to God's voice in between the cherubim but wanted more than the intimate relationship he had with Him. Moses wanted to see the glory of God and know that as he presented Him among the children of Israel, the needed not to lose touch but the Almighty. He needed to see His glory and God did not disappoint like and gave Moses what he wanted. God does not disappoint and whatever we ask, He gives.

Paul presses on because he also understands that being intimate with God will still give us the fulfilment but we need to see the Light. We cannot be children of the Light and always find ourselves in darkness.

I also feel the same as Moses and Paul. Going beyond having an intimate relationship with God but feel His presence with me, embracing me and engulfing me always.

Spending a lot of time in His Word, humbling myself, praying and turning away from my wicked ways.

I can only satisfy my hunger by being obedient to Him and do His will.