JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Encouraging Word

It gives him the assurance that God is always with him and that whatever God says, He will bring to pass. God does not promise and not act. In all the situations that Paul went through, the reassuring words of God have come true for Paul. Even when he was tormented by the thorn which made made him pray to God three times but when God said to him " my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness", that gave Paul the courage not to concentrate on the thorn but depend on God and continue with his mission.

We learn that God truly loves us. He will not allow anything to harm us especially when our trust is in Him. God promises and He acts. God reassures that if we obey Him, the Holy Spirit will be there to guide, lead, direct, advise and help us. All that we need to do is to trust Him with all our heart and not lean on our own understanding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Q2. (2 Corinthians 12:9a; Acts 18:9-10; 23:11; 27:24) How do you think it feels to Paul for God to personally encourage him when he is afraid and hurting?
Amazing, loved, cared for, chosen, comforted and just wow. I know that’s how I feel when I know Gods hand is in something, or he’s given me a word to comfort me when I’m going through something. His love always amazes me, how He knows just what each one of us needs and when we need it. An He supplies it for us, it just fills me up with unspeakable joy!

What do we learn about God that he speaks to Paul in this way?

That He cares about everything Paul is going through and He knows everything Paul’s going through. Nothing is hidden from Him. An that Paul has an intimate relationship with God.

• 7 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:06 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (2 Corinthians 12:9a; Acts 18:9-10; 23:11; 27:24) How do you think it feels to Paul for God to personally encourage him when he is afraid and hurting? What do we learn about God that he speaks to Paul in this way?

I think he feels strengthened and emboldened to go on and do the work of God.

I learn that he is a caring loving friend of ours that is always near.