JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hi, I'm Ralph Wilson, director of Joyful Heart Renewal Ministries and the JesusWalk Bible Study Series. I live in Central California where the Sierra Nevada foothills begin to rise. I'm glad you've signed up for this study. It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study.

Why don't you share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone My name is Jennifer I live with my mom and 2 cats and I am a crafter. I love God and hope to grow closer to Him through this study. I am 38 yrs old and love to do the same things as my mom with a few exceptions. 

Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and live in the Pacific Northwest. I am actively involved in the ministry of my church where I lead a men's Bible study and play guitar during our worship services. I am looking forward to reading your perspectives on the questions we will be answering during this study. Blessing to all.

Hello, I'm. April from Greensboro NC. I am 39 years young and super excited about engaging in this study on the Holy Spirit....not that it's a new topic for me. I'm looking to gain a deeper revelation on the Holy Spirit l. Theres always a more in the things of God. We should never get to a place to where we think we have arrived and know absolutely everything. I don't really know how I came across this study but i do believe it was for a reason. 

Hi my name is Sally and I too live in Florida. On the lovely Gulf of Mexico side. Where a year ago today we were all hunkered down awaiting Hurricane Irma. Was not a fun week and am praying for those in the Carolinas. I am active in my church sing in the choir. Work with the youth. I also like to craft and have discovered the new craze of diamond painting. Haven't done one yet but I will. 

Today's question: What was the primary purpose of God putting his Spirit upon selected individuals in the Old Testament? What effect does the Spirit seem to have upon their relationship with God? 

For me it seems that God put (and still does) His Holy Spirit upon selected people such as David in order to enable them to fulfill His purposes for them and the special calling upon their lives.  Even today, while ALL born again believers have the Holy Spirit, He does put a special anointing on some lives as we 'submit fully to Him' and commit to His will for us.  We are ALL on this earth to fulfill HIS PURPOSES for us.  There is a work for each of us to do.  For instance, for a period (17 years) I was a chaplain in several nursing homes and hospitals.  I learned a lot, made a lot of mistakes, AND GREW!!!  At 82 I still am wondering what Next does God have for me....  God, keep us ALL HUNGRY FOR MORE OF YOU in our hearts and lives!!!

Edited by kings_kid
spelling, division of topic from replyh

In response to today's question, I believe God searches for folks who are pure of heart... not perfect people, Abraham was an idol worshipper when God chose him, but those who have loving hearts. Then He sends His Spirit to teach and prove those persons so they can carry out a specific mission(s). And when God chooses someone for a special annointing, escape is impossible -- thinking Jonah, Gideon here. When God's annointed embraces that calling, the power of God is unleashed in their lives. It's an invitation, really, to enter a deep relationship with our Creator. I can't wait to see how the Spirit will move in my own life as I embrace this teaching.

Hello I am Stanley. I am excited and previllaged to participate in this forum   I live in Harare Zimbabwe, It has always my desire to study the word of God. I am a leader in men's fellowship. God will lead us we study the lession on the Holy Spirit 

Shalom,    I have been blessed to walk in the grace and power of the Holy Spirit since the mid 80's and i never cease to be amazed about how much more there is to know and grow in the Lord , by His Spirit.   Recently retired and living in south fla.  Love sharing about the Lord yet 'posting'  is somewhat new to me.  I remain ever grateful for this course and this group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I'm from Asia. Although I join this forum late (you all probably have finished the whole series and are off-line now), I still look forward to learning something from this forum.

Although I got this series material last year, I never got around to doing it. Last September onward was too stormy a period for me, when my father caught pneumonia and lost his function for eating. Although he still needs our daily caregiving, the situation has stabilized somewhat, so that I can commence on this study.