JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Seal, Guarantee, Anointing

On 7/23/2018 at 9:22 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (2 Corinthians 1:21-22) What does the Holy Spirit as a “seal of ownership” teach us? What does the Spirit as a “down payment” teach us? When is the full payment made in this analogy? What does the Spirit as an “anointing” teach us?

The Holy Spirit as a "seal of ownership" proclaims to the world that we are marked by God and that we are children of God. This seal enables us to know that we belong to God and no one can take us away from Him.

The Spirit as a "down payment" teaches us that as we continue in our spiritual walk, He will continue the work He has started in us.

The full payment is made on the day Jesus comes to take us to heaven, or on the day of the Rapture.

The Spirit as an "anointing" teaches us that God has set us apart for His service, for us to be a witness for Him.

• 4 weeks later...

This is to ensure that God has sealed us with Holy Spirit that we belong to Him forever. A divine seal from above that marks us out from others without this Holy Spirit seal, which speaks of His zeal for us and we are His forever.

Holy Spirit as a down payment teaches us that He has invested in us not only for present but also for future. The Holy Spirit in us draws us closer to Him In our earthly walk and finally will leads us to see Him face to face to be with Him forever. The full payment is made when one day we Christ face to face and be in the presence of God adoring and worshipping Him in the fullness of His glory.

Holy Spirit as anointing teaches us that He comes upon us to accomplish purposes of God with His ability through us, even as we are made available to Him. The anointing also teaches us all things and we do not need another teacher. The anointing in us is His power to accomplish His purposes in us and through us for His kingdom.

• 8 months later...

Q3. (2 Corinthians 1:21-22) What does the Holy Spirit as a "seal of ownership" teach us?

The Holy Spirit, that created us, that found us, and anointed us has sealed us with the seal of ownership and a down payment of what’s to come.

What does the Spirit as a "down payment" teach us?

It teaches us to expect what’s to come. The Holy Spirit is our deposit.
When is the full payment made in this analogy?

That a payment that obligates the contracting party to make further payment will be made when Christ come and we will see Him face- to – face (Revelation 22:4)

What does the Spirit as an "anointing" teach us?
God “anoints” the believer: “the word means to be consecrated and qualified for service”

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Holy Spirit as a Seal of ownership teaches us that He is the identifier that we belong to God.

The Holy Spirit as a down payment teaches us that the Spirit is a given to us as a deposit, which guarantees  full payment in the future.( 2 Corinthians 1 : 22b )

The Spirit upon us is an anointing appointing and empowering us for service. ( 2 Corinthians 1: 21b, Isaiah 61 :1a, Acts 10: 38a, 1 John 20, 27. )

What does the Holy Spirit as a "seal of ownership" teach us?

That we have been adopted, and now belong to Abba, we have been set apart, to do the work He calls us to do. We were bought at a great price.

What does the Spirit as a "down payment" teach us?

That receiving the Holy Spirit is just the glorious beginning of all that there is to receive as children of YHWH, a taste of what it is like to live in His Glorious presence, knowing that with each payment we will be taken from glory to glory. Thank you Father.

When is the full payment made in this analogy?

When Christ returns, we shall meet Him in the air. Our bodies will be changed into His glorious body, and we will be in Fathers glorious presence for ever, and ever, Amen.

What does the Spirit as an "anointing" teach us?

That Father has set us apart. We are called to do His work, His will. We were chosen to be His, to be used by Him for His purpose, for His pleasure, to bring Him glory, honour, and praise. He deserves it all.

Love and Blessings to you all. Xx

• 6 months later...

Q3. Holy Spirit as seal of  ownership teaches us., That we are God's children

What does Holy Spirit as down payment teach us? 

That presence of Holy Spirit in our lives is a guarantee tha we are indeed children of God. (God's own)When is the full payment be made? 

When Christ returns for his bride

What does Holy Spirit as en anointing teach us? 

Through annointing of the Holy Spirit., we have power to operate in full authority 

• 2 months later...

What does the Spirit as an “anointing” teach us?

I know you asked about all three metaphors about the inner presence of the Holy Spirit, but this statement you made most interested me: The anointing I receive from the Holy Spirit "remains" in me and "sets me apart" for his service.

First, I thought that anointing was task-oriented. by this I means I would be anointed by the Holy Spirit for a specific assignment. I also thought that it was for those to assume special roles like kings or prophets. 

Second, is the presence of the Holy Spirit in us ALWAYS an anointing, or does He sometimes work in us in an un-anointed capacity? I guess what I'm trying to say -- poorly ! -- is the Holy Spirit both comes and goes in our souls. He's always present, yet though present, He seems to come in a bigger/fuller amount on occasion -- is this fuller presence the same as an anointing?

• 1 year later...

Q3. When we became Christians, God gave us His Holy Spirit to dwell within us as a seal upon us. A seal mark something as being real or authentic. We belong to God because we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit. 
The Holy Spirit’s presence with us is just the beginning, a down payment or a deposit guaranteeing what is to come in the future. We will see God face to face, the presence of the Holy Spirit to help us through this life is only the beginning of wonderful times in God’s presence . 
We are anointed by the Holy Spirit that is set apart for the service of God.