JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to James: Practical Christianity

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Christine and I am from Iowa. I have been homeschooling my two children for almost five years now and am so grateful that I can personally teach the Word of God in my home. This is the second bible study I've participated in, but the first time I've ever posted. I look forward to this Bible study and getting to know all of you as we learn and grow together in God's Word.

Hi! My name is Joyce and I notice there is another Joyce here! :D Growing up, I was the only one I knew of--now there are many Joyces!! ;)

This is my first on-line Bible study, also. I look forward to all the interaction and different insights!

I am a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother--and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've been a Christian for many years.

Hi there, I'm Bill from Baltimore, Md. area. This is my first online bible study. Thought I would check it out and see how it goes. :D

Hello Again,

I say again because I logged into the wrong study title before. So I'll try again. I lead/pastor in my home a house church in a small town called Moultrie. It's in the USA in the state of Georgia. This is my very first forum so please forgive me for any mistakes. I'm 54 years old, proud dad of 9 children and 21 grand children. I'm looking forward to the study of James.

May The Lord Bless

Hello everyone and greetings from Ohio My name is alan and although I live in Ohio, my heart is in Florida B)

I also look forward > to the study in the book of James. I think the book of James had the oppisite effect on me then it did on Luther.

It confirmed to me what took place when I was born again. The bible says with out faith (TRUST) you can not come to GOD.

YESHUA said Himself, Many will come to me that day and say, lord,lord, we have done all these wonderfull things in your name and

YESHUA will say, Depart from me for I never KNEW you ( IM Paraphrasing) Many people today profess to be Christian but the works James was talking about is missing. Im sure before the study is over we will all have a better understanding of what James was talking about.

Grace & Peace to all...

My name is Joey B from Long Island NY, I am 37 years old.. This is my very first Joyful Heart Bible study. The book of James is my favorite book of the Bible. The book of James is a short book, but it has a lot of meat and it is right to the point. I hope to enjoy and learn alot from this study. ...... Praise God in ALL things ... Be Encouraged.

Hi, I'm Rae from middle Oklahoma. I'm a married 48 year old Mom with 2 sons, 30 and 27 and six grandchildren ranging from almost 8 to 1 month.

This is my first online Bible study and I am looking forward to it. The Lord has led me to read and reread James several times in the last few months so when this was presented to me I jumped at the chance.

The opportunity to share and grow spiritually excites me beyond belief.

Hi! My name is Judy and I'm from northern Ontario, Canada.

I participated in an online Bible study a few years ago and really learned a lot so I am looking forward to this one.

Hi everyone, name is Brandy, I am a growing child of God looking for any way I can get closer to The Father of Lights. I am a remarried mother of 4 who is 27 years old. I try to be childlike ya know just wanna enter into the kingdom. I am excited to begin.

Hi, my name is Deb. I chose 'Sage' as my registered name because, like the plant, I can be tested by wind, rain and fire and still come back strong! I might be set back, but I'll never quit growing in the Lord!

This is my first on-line bible study and I'm so looking forward to it. I am the mother of 3 wonderful kids and married to my best friend. I'm hoping that all of my family can benefit in some way with this study.

I'm excited about the open forum part of this study. Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and perspectives.

Hi! My name is John, I'm 44 and from Coweta, Oklahoma. I'm a part time youth minister here and am looking forward to this on-line Bible study of James. I am a single dad of 3 boys but I also claim my other 15 kids in youth as my own also! We are a small but tight group and I look forward to sharing what I learn here with them. :blink:

Okay so I am inspired to comment on the whole " faith" and "Works". This actually will be fun to look at in the ending to see if my perception or as the Bible would say Eye has changed.

I have done personal studies (just me and God and the book of James) and I believe James is giving the bluntness of true faith. You see only if your faith is genuine ( down in your spirit )can God bless you.

Do your actions reflect your faith? For example ( simple but effective) I believe deep down in my spirit that God has sent His angels to take charge, they protect me and my family. So truly believing this I don't lock doors, I don't freak out about seatbelts (on myself). I never really even had it cross my mind that I did it but it crossed others minds(This was actually brought to my attention by others). It drove others nuts but I didn't even realize it. This is an illustration that I believe will give an clearer picture. You see the truth was it me and my actions reflected it but my actions were not purposed by what I thought could prove my faith but by the faith that was birthed within myself. I have not had any issues with missing stuff and have had a couple situations where the protection of the angels was appearant to all.

When we live now in a society that claims faith and yet they have no works or their actions do not reflect their trust in God. They don't truly believe His words in their spirit, they may believe in their mind but not their spirit.

Hello from deepest down under! My name is Naomi. I am a mother of four (5,7,9,11), and I live in Tasmania (Australia). As a first time visitor to this forum, I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions. I've always loved the book of James because of the challenges it places on my life.

May God bless us all through this!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Linda from Maine. I have taken other JesusWalk studies and have gained so much from them. The book of James is one of my favorites because it is so practical. It also serves as a mirror.

I'm also looking forward to interacting with all of you and learning from you as well as the study.

God Bless You.

OF course, I 'm late. I'm always late. Sorry

I'm Susan from Hurricane stricken Florida where many of my fellow parishoners are still unable to return home or don't have homes to return to.

I am the working mother of a 17year old and an 11 year old who never fail to do me proud. I am the equally proud wife of a former soldier who is now a Reservist serving in the Middle East.

I have done all Pastor Ralph's studies since Luke and I will tell you you are in for one sweet ride. He is so amazing and I love to "sit at his feet" and learn.

Hello Everyone, glad to see so many signed up for this Bible Study. This is my 4th or 5th online Bible Study with Pastor Ralph, so if you're new here, let me say that you are in for a great study....Pastor Ralph always has some great teachings.

I'm looking forward as usual to the study, God bless! :rolleyes: