JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to James: Practical Christianity

Pastor Ralph

Hi, my name is Sarah. This is my first online bible study, but I'm excited because I love the book of James. I feel a little young around here (I certainly don't have kids! :P ) but I hope you guys don't mind a 'whippersnapper' who asks a lot of questions. Thanks for offering this service~ I'm looking forward to the first lesson!

Sarah K

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for James: Practical Christianity.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi, I live in southern Nevada and I pastor a church for The Salvation Army with my husband. I look forward to learning with you all:)

My name is James and I live in England. This is my first on-line Bible Study. I will be 42 in 12 days time. I am married to a Christian wife and have 3 children (all boys). One of whom has been saved. I am looking forward to meeting with like minded people. I have suffered in the past from trying to live in the world and for God, and of course, you can't do this. May the Lord bless us all greatly as we study together his word, which is indeed a source of light in a dark world.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Book of James was the first book of the Bible that I considered to be my favorite; truly, it is the most practical.

My name is Theresa and I live in Ohio with my two "babies", Callie and Bandit ;) , ok, they are cats--but they are my babies.

I look forward to this new study with great excitement! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm Toni from Dallas, TX. This is my first time in an online Bible Study. I'm really looking forward to it. Currently, both our grown daughters and our two grandchildren (6 yrs and 6 wks) are living with us... I DEFINITELY need to learn to walk in "Practical Christianity" :P and bite my tongue! I know the Lord has great things in store for each of us as we study His word and seek to walk in His light and joy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi y'all! I'm Karen and I live in West Texas. This is my first online Bible Study and I'm excited to get started, especially since reading some of the other messages from people who have already done other studies. May God push me through this...I'm pretty bad about starting stuff and not completing it :rolleyes: .

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks;

My Name is Dan and I am just getting started, this is my first post for my first class.

Am I posting in the proper place for the "James"weekly studly class?

I am from MA and have recently been drawn to the Bible. I am excited about this oppotunity to study with other people in a structured environment. I have been trying to find someone to hepl me study the Bible and have not had any real luck. My Hopes are high, however I will try not to harbor any unreal expectations. Please wish me luck.

Thanks;

Dan

P.S. I could use a spell check Function.....is it available here?

Hi, My name is Lisa and I am from Melbourne, Australia. I have a wonderful husband and a 7 month old son.

This is my first online bible study and I am really looking forward to studying with you all and learning more about the book of James. God is so Awesome and I am excitted to see how He speaks to me through the book of James.

Dear Friend,

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi,

My name is John and I live in the North of England.

I am a new Christian and was baptised on Easter Sunday at the church I've been going to.

I've been using this study tool for the last couple of months and have just completed the study of Revelation.

I look forward to starting this new study.

Best regards, your brother in Christ,

John.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Donna. This is my first online study and I am looking forward to this topic on Practical Christianity. I have been a believer and follower of Jesus for many years. Most of the years have been up and down for me as I was a very rebellious person. I have since grown and just want to go back to some practical points on following Jesus. I have not done very well with trials in my life so I decieded to start here with my studies. Thanks , Donna

:D Hi my name is Jodi, I live in the Seattle area. This is my first time in this Bible Study and I'm eager to learn how this works. I attend a church in my area, but have a hard time fitting in a Bible Study on their schedule. I am hoping that this will be interactive, I tend to live online since I have an online business and work alone. Although I grew up in a pseudo Christian family, I am really a baby Christian. So, I really really want to learn the Word

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi! My name is Meg. I live in Florida and I am really excited to be starting this bible study. I am the mother of four beautiful girls and have been married for seven years to a wonderful man. (his testimony is awesome!) God has blessed our family and marriage! It is amazing to see the way God has worked in our lives over the years. I look forward to growing in Christ with all of you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm Pat. I'm from NJ. I am an asst. director in activities and I double as Chaplain when needed. I work in a long term care facility. It is very interesting. I have 4 children. I have done other studies but this is my first with Pastor Ralph. I am looking forward to the study. I am also looking forward to talking with others in the forum. Be Blessed Pat :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:) Hi, my name is Alan and I live in the great state of Ohio, home of the the #1 OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. I'm an adult Sunday School teacher at my church and will actually be starting a study on James on Dec. 3rd. I hope to be able to use the knowledge and wisdom gained from this study to share with my students. I look forward to growing and understanding the book of James like never before.