JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to James: Practical Christianity

Pastor Ralph

Hey everyone I'm Andre and I'm from Florida. I know that God has each and every one of us doing this Bible study for a specific reason. Excited to learn and have God speak to me. God Bless everyone in this is Bible study with the focus and determination to complete it with all of our will. God Bless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, :)

My name is Karen and I live in beautiful New Zealand in the South Pacific. I consider myself fairly new in my journey with the Lord, although I surrendered to Him almost 3 years ago. This is my first on-line bible study. I was lead to study the book of James through a fellow christian who is a lot further in his walk than me, and described James as "the best written book for anyone wanting to look deeper into their faith - kinda like a "christianity for dummies" self-help book" :)

So here I am, jumping in with both feet with an open heart and praying for courage and wisdom.

• 1 month later...
:blink: Hi I am Wendy. I have read the book of James many times and always when I need to read the Bible I am searching I go back to James. I am looking forward to read and study James. James 3:1-12 is one of the passages in the Bible that has given me direction to keep my tongue quite and in control although it is the most difficult thing for me to do. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Good Morning,

My name is Michelle (23) and I am from Circleville, Ohio. I am married and have one dog, Lola. I love the book of James. I believe it is the most real and in your face book in the Bible. I am excited for this study. It is my first online bible study.

God Bless,
Michelle

• 3 months later...
Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for James: Practical Christianity.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

I can't wait for the first lesson to begin. Practical Christianity makes sense to me. When reading James I can't help but see echos of John. Yet sometimes I struggle with the apparent conflict with some of Paul's ideas. I don't believe there can be conflict. I am very interested in this study! Thanks for making it possilbe to learn in this way. In Christ's love. Jamie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, my name is Iyberne (pronounced Iburn) my first time in this time in this method of bible study . am 67 years old,married father of four,grandfather of eight,great grandfather of one am truely blessed am looking forward to this study. I am from South Africa

• 3 months later...
Dear Friend,

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi,

I'm Leah from NH, mother of 7, grandmother of 1. I am looking forward to studying James. I am using James as a study guide with my youth group and thought it would be great for me to be studying too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi!

I'm Sue, and I live over in New Hampshire. I enjoyed the JesusWalk study through Luke, and I look forward to this study on James.

I am from UK and think I will enjoy the JesusWalk studies on james, and benefit from it's practical teaching.

• 1 month later...
:blink: Hi all - I am already a little over extended with the technical aspect of this course so that has to be my first prayer that I can keep up with it all. I am so looking forward to extending my knowledge in this area. I am 60 plus live in a beautiful seaside area of new zealand with my husband and dog. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, my name is Drew. Im new to online bible studies and am glad to be a part of this. Currently im with the Army and deployed in Iraq. Back home is central California. Im married and we are expecting our first little one in late May. We thought this study would be a cool thing we could do together online. While at the same time, growing closer to god.

Hi, I am Denise and I live in Eastern Tennessee. This is my first time in a internet bible study, thought it would be interesting.

Hi Denise,

I joined internet bible study last year, and have found it very rewarding, informative and faith building. By the way I am from England, and have only been to the states a couple of times, but really enjoyed it on both occasions. Angie :)

Hey everyone, my name is Drew. Im new to online bible studies and am glad to be a part of this. Currently im with the Army and deployed in Iraq. Back home is central California. Im married and we are expecting our first little one in late May. We thought this study would be a cool thing we could do together online. While at the same time, growing closer to god.

welcome to internet bible study from me in England. I have found it very rewarding informative and faith building. I know 2 people currently serving in the British army, who have been on loads of tours all over the world and now currently in Afghanistan and the other due to go back there later in the year. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi:

I teach deaf children and pastor a Deaf Church in Belize. This is my first Bible Study online. I chose James because we will be using James for our VBS and I want to dig into it a bit more.

I'm excited to see how God uses this study to make my heart more like His.

Nancy