JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to James: Practical Christianity

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for James: Practical Christianity.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, my name is Celia and I have been a student of this wonderful and blessed Bible Study since 2003. I live in the United States (Ohio). I have two wonderful and beautiful grandchildren. With this wonderful study my stength and faith has greatly been restored. There were many years that I had lost faith because of alot of physical, mental, and emotional trials and tribulations. I never stopped believing there was a God but stopped believing in the hope and faith. It was every time that I would pray for guidance and help with difficult and depressing, and painful situations and pain that my prayers were not answered and things just were getting worse for me. I still have the same problems and the health issues have gotten worse but I have come to accept and understand what is going on and I am ready and waiting for Jesus to come to end all suffering and every other sins that are here on this earth. May God Bless You All and I know I will enjoy this study as I have the other studies that Pastor Ralph has provided for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Bonniean from Georgia, and I am looking forward to this study of the book of James. I believe that if we look honestly at ourselves, each of us are bound to benefit from a study that speaks of experiencing joy in trials, learning how to practice patience, hearing and practicing the Word, and for me, most of all, learning tongue-taming wisdon. ;)

Blessings to all who are participating, and thank you, Dr. Ralph, for this wonderful forum.

Hi!

I'm Estelle. I've very excited to be participating in this study about James, a very very practical book that can improve our human relationships. This, and of course other Scriptures, is as close to "self help" as I'd like to get! ;) Of course I've gleaned a great deal from reading James at other times, but I'm very interested in STUDYING the book and look forward to your teaching. :)

Hi there everyone. My name is Marsha and I'm from Texas. I'm a single mom of two boys that really keep me hopping! :D I have never participated in an online Bible study before and am looking forward to this. I tend to agree with Luther.....James is one strawy epistle. He doesn't mince words, but there is really a lot of good instruction in the Christian way in there.

Bless you, Pastor Ralph, for having this online study and may God abundantly bless this study and all the participants that we may grow stronger in faith and in our walk with Christ.

~Blessings~

Marsha

Hi, My name is Cher, and I live in Indiana. I am a homeschool mom of four children. I look forward to walking through the book of James with everyone. This book has spoke to my heart and has challenged me on multiple occasions to be the person God created me to be. I pray each of us glean much insight and wisdom as we study this book together. This is my first online study as well!

Hi, my name is Renee' and I live in Alabama. I'm a widow of three years, I have two grown children and two beautiful grandchildren. :D

I love Jesus and want to meet other people that do too. This is my first online bible study.

I am looking forward to growing in the Lord while learning more of the wonderful book of James.

Remember Jesus Loves You

Renee'

Hello. I'm Helen--a grandmother--80 years old with three children, six grandchildren and two in-law grandsons. I live in Indiana, and have been in Pastor Ralph's studies for many years--minus the years we have been in missions. ( My husband and I have spent several years in missions to Somalia, Costa Rica, and Far East Russia--not counting the short terms in many other countries.)

Each of the lessons has been of inestimable value to me! I look forward to this one, and getting to know the other members. God's blessing! :rolleyes:

Hi, my name is Larry and I live in the town of Kalispell in the North West corner of the state of Montana in the US.

Greetings to Helen from Indiana, Keith from Michigan, Renee from Alabama, Cher from Indiana, Caroline from Singapore, Marsha from Texas, Estelle, Bonniean from Georgia, Sharon from Virginia, and Sue from New Hampshire!

This is the second or third study I have participated in with Pastor Raplh, and promises to be the best one yet, I LOVE "Practical Chistianity" B)

Hi, my name is Joyce and I'm from Canada, the far North! This is my first time doing an online Bible study and I'm looking forward to practical lessons from the book of James. Even though I've read it many times, I need to be reminded to "walk the talk" and especially to "bite my tongue". Thanks for the opportunity.

Joyce <><

Hello... I'm Christine... and I am new to Joyful Heart Online Bible Study... I have four children and a great husband. I have been a Christian for a long time but put it in the closet to not stir the water in my home for a long time... over the past couple of years I have realized how empty I was feeling not living the Word more openly... and now my husband is a newborn Christian... and our relationship is better than I ever expected it to be... Praise the Lord! I am more involved in my church... more open about sharing... I am ravenous for the Word... and look forward to participating in this study of James. Thank you for this opportunity... God Bless All...

I'm Susan and I participated (slightly) in the Lamb of God study. I'm a homeschooling mom, married 20 years with a 19 year old daughter and 13 year old son. I am really looking forward to this study because my husband and I are participating together! God has used James in the past to speak to me and I'm sure He will again.

God Bless us all as we learn His Word together!

Hello to all. My name is Jodi. This is my first online Bible study. I am still trying to figure out exactly how it works, but from what I can see, I am excited about being able to study God's Word together, interacting with others that are involved in the same study. I love the book of James and am looking forward to extracting more from it, and applying it more effectively in my life, by God's grace.

I live in south Texas. I am a happy wife and mother, and enjoying life, as I seek to know God better and walk with Him.

Looking forward to the exchanges,

Jodi

Angus, and though I was born in Scotland I now reside in Canada, British Columbia.

I, too, am looking forward to plunging into James little letter. It has been a long time.

In reading the Introduction I was struck again by the contradiction of this letter. While there is some debate about timing (I would suggest that it happened after 70AD and the Diaspora personally) there is no doubt that it was written to counterbalance the tremendous weight that Paul put on faith.

I look forward to seeing how we resolve the justification by works or justification by faith controversy. How do we live our faith in the face of current world events or even the challenges of our own neighbourhoods.?

Hi All, My name is Sue and I have eagerly been looking forward to this Study of James. I know that James has a great deal to say about practical Christianity and I want to live every day in a way that others see Jesus in me.

I am finally retired and I have enjoyed it so much. I thought when I retired I would have mountains of time to study the Bible but I find that I am still pushed to find the time. I don't know how I ever had time to work for all those years! This Bible Study will keep me on track in making Bible Study a REGULAR appointment in my day.

I usually teach a Senior Adult Sunday School Class but at this time I am serving as Christian Education Director at my church. I still have much to learn in this area.

Hello everyone,

My name is Jose and I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have participated in a few of Pastor Ralph's bible studies and found them to be interesting. One of the key things I like about these studies is the fact that we can all read and learn from one anothers experiences. That is really neat.

I look forward to our time together.

Take care and God bless. :D