JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Value of Trials

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let

Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you?

How have you changed?

Paul asked God to remove the thorn but it wasn't so. Trials in our life served to remind us that we are sinners redeemed and will cause us to focus upon Christ's act of salvation upon the cross for us. It is very often when we take our focus away from the cross that the devil gain victory over us but the more we focus on the cross the lesser is the hold of whatever that trial is to us. The bible says "Forgetting what lies behind us, I press on towards.........."

For me, every trials represents God's refining work in me.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What value have trials had in your life?

Trials have taught me many lessons about myself. The way I think, the way I react and the way I feel about myself. Without trials I never would have grown in my christian walk. I am thankful for the trials as I now know they are learning experiences.

Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials?

I do not believe that I have let Satan destroy me. I do know that I have given him control at different times. I see the areas that I have given up in and have begun reclaiming them.

Or allowed God to refine you?

I know that God is refining me but I am not always very willing or very eager.

How have you changed?

I no longer let myself get down. I look at the trials as opportunities for growth. I use to let myself get into the pity pot.

I must admit in the most recent trial, it did knock the "spiritual wind" out of me.

It is taking a little while for me "left up" again.

But as I "trust God" for the power to go on, I not only feel different but have finally made it past some issues I had in the past.

I guess you can say it brought a healing I never thought I would ever have, even though I could not see it at first because of the pain.

• 1 month later...

All Trials that I have experienced have had the effect of strenghting my faith.

No I have not allowed Satan to destroy me--My total faith is in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Like Peter reminds us in his first letter, a trial will tend to make us stronger in our faith walk.```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you?

I find that many times, I need to decide to rejoice at all times, in all circumstances. In other words, it's a conscious decision which is, difficult. In fact, I'm currently in the midst of a difficult situation. Been in this situation for more than 2 years now. At times, I find myself wondering if God will take me out of this situation. Then again, I am putting my faith in Him that I will see the rearson of this suffering when I'm finally out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I learned to praise God for the trials He has allowed me to go through, unfortunately I nearly let a physical trial totally shipwreak me. In stead of keeping my eyes on Jesus, my Lord, I looked at the problem and feel into deep depresion.

I've since repented and am getting my life back into proper relationships, with God and with man. This is easy to say but much harder to mean. But I know that from now on I'm going to live my life so that satan will have to make things up to accuse me with. This is not to say I will be perfect, but the with power of the Holy Spirit I will be found Holy though Christ before men.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems my life has been made up of trials for many years. But I praise God for them. Without trials, we can never be refined into what God wants us to be for Him. I do not say this lightly. I constantly deal with trials. I have a few at this time that are really pressing my back against the wall. Whoever reads this, please pray for me and my family. satan is trying to destroy my family. God will know exactly what you are praying about and for whom.

Bless you,

BlessedByHim

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I am a better person from the trials that I've been through. Some I have learned from and grew..... others I seem to have a harder time getting through. Seems like the ones I want to win over are the ones I have the hardest time with.....can't figure that one out yet. I know that one day I'll find the answer to what I'm lacking......till then I'll just keep trying.

TO BE QUITE HONEST, THE TRIALS IN MY LIFE RECENTLY HAS MADE ME STRONGER AND STRENGTHENED MY FAITH IN GOD, HOWEVER I HAVENT EXACTLY BEEN COUNTING IT ALL JOY. TRIALS HAVE MADE ME TO BE COMPLETELY DEPENDENT ON GOD AND I REALLY STRUGGLED WITH THIS FOR A WHILE BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO GIVE GOD FULL CONTROL OF MY LIFE. I WANTED TO HELP HIM BUT NOW I REALISE HE JUST WANTED ME TO SURRENDER ALL AREAS OF MY LIFE AND RELATIONSHIPS TO HIM.

NO, I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT ALLOW SATAN TO DESTROY ME WITH TRIALS.I WILL KEEP ON FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH AND SUBMIT TO GOD'S AUTHORITY, I WILL RESIST THE DEVIL UNTIL HE HAS TO FLEE.GOD HAS ALREADY GIVEN ME ALL THE WEAPONS I NEED TO FIGHT THE BATTLES IN LIFE.

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LEARNING HOW TO ALLOW GOD TO REFINE ME. IT HURTS. IT'S PAINFUL BEING ON THE POTTER'S WHEEL AND ALLOWING HIM TO REFINE ME AND MAKE ME TO BE WHOM HE WANTS ME TO BE BUT I KNOW IT'S NECESSARY THAT I CONFORM TO THE IMAGE OF CHRIST AND TAKE ON GODLY TRAITS IN LIFE.

I HAVE ALREADY SEEN SOME POSITIVE CHANGES IN MY LIFE AND I'M LOOKING TO SEE SOME MORE. I WANT TO SEE THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT OPERATING IN MY LIFE.. LOVE, PEACE, JOY, ETC. TRIALS AND SUFFERING CAN BE SO OVERWHELMING AT TIMES . THERE'S SOME I WENT THROUGH THAT I HAD NO NATURAL ABILITY TO OVERCOME. MY HELP WAS COMING ONLY FROM HIM AND I GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY....I LOVE YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

Thank you father for this day and that You have blessed and honoured me with it...may Your Holy name be praised always....i had let the devil win in the past when i went through trials because i blamed God for what i went through and because of that lie that the devil had told me i fell away from the grace of God....but now i am able to say that whatever i go through it is to build me up in my faith and to be able to carry on for God has my best interest at heart and will never leave me nor forsake me at all i just have to call upon the name of my Lord and He will answer me and be there for me for whatever i need Him for....

Thank you daddy that i live with the surity of your love and your grace and that nothing will ever take these things away from me

your loving daughter

tsidi

• 2 weeks later...

There are many times when I go through trails that I feel like I have failed in what God is trying to teach me. Then later on I come across some circumstance that shows me that i got it.

The trials that I have gone through have brought me into a closer relationship with God and made my faith grow. :D

I have recently had a major trial in my life. It showed me that I need to always remain close to the Lord as I nearly did let Satan destroy me. God did and is continuing to refine me as a result of the situation I found myself in. How have I changed? I would say that I am only now a Christian. Before I was not really saved.

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

Q1. (1:2-4) What value have trials had in your life? Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials? Or allowed God to refine you? How have you changed?

Trials have caused me to rely on God more than anything. When tough times come I can lean on the One who is in control. Satan has tried his hardest to tempt me to give up but then I remember God's faithfulness in the past and it is good to know that God is the same "yesterday", today and forever. I have chosen to let God refine my weak areas and ask Him to make me stronger. I believe I am a new creation and an ever changing one from the day of salvation, working to be the person God would want me to be in Christ. God is definitely not finished with me yet :)

Trials have caused me to rely on God more than anything. When tough times come I can lean on the One who is in control. Satan has tried his hardest to tempt me to give up but then I remember God's faithfulness in the past and it is good to know that God is the same "yesterday", today and forever. I have chosen to let God refine my weak areas and ask Him to make me stronger. I believe I am a new creation and an ever changing one from the day of salvation, working to be the person God would want me to be in Christ. God is definitely not finished with me yet :)

• 4 weeks later...

Trials have had a great part in my life, as they have help me to rely on the Lord,

Trials have helped me grow in my walk with the Lord.

Trials have also made me stronger spiritually.

PRAISE YOU JESUS.

• 4 weeks later...

The value of trials for me then is like a bitter food that I would like to avoid, there were times I felt so miserable and depressed. I've learned the value of trials the hard way, after going through them it has become a sweet and tasty food for my soul. Trials have made me much closer to the Lord and has given me wisdom in my christian walk. I now thank God for trials because through them I could trully discover His great love to me, His child.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The value of trials in my own life has been in that it has been a time of growth and increased faith and trust in God. This is not to say, I am some sort of spiritual giant because I am not. I have struggled more often than I care to admit when facing trials, but still, I know it's better to face these times with God than "out on my own." God forbid satan ever to have victory over me! The changes are a "process"--and those changes are from daily seeking God and His will (not my own) in any given situation. I love Him and am so thankful I do not have to face any difficulty alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I beleive that my many trials have been experiences necessary for learning patience and developing my faith. It seems that with each trial, my relationship with my lord grows stronger and I trust him even more although I continually seem to strive for a more "perfect faith". Within the past couple of years, I joined a church that I thought would be the "perfect place" to belong and bring my family. However, I quickly learned that the "established echelon" of this particular congregation welcomed new members, but did not welcome new member involvement in activities and meetings. One needed to be part of a "Clique" to be accepted. I was discouraged and did not understand why the lord would lead me to this church. I began searching my heart and tried to decide whether my discouragment with this church was "me"or was there indeed a problem with this church. I realized that "Christ" is the foundation and that I needed to study his word more deeply for the first time in 40 years! I found this bible study and I have a renewed energy to deepen my faith in our lord.

What value have trials had in your life?

They have made me grow in different areas. Both stronger in God & for what I believe in. They have given me a boldness in certain areas. Also they have proven God's presence with me at all times, no matter what, he has never left me or turned his back on me, so my love for God has deepened as well.

Have you let Satan destroy you with those trials?

Sometimes yes I have when I have backslidden by listening to the lies of the devil & knowing they were lies, still going ahead & sinning through bad choices...but I would not say he "destroyed" me. He did impede my walk with God at the time.

Or allowed God to refine you?

I have learnt now that when the devil attacks me, it means I'm on track with God because if I wasn't he wouldn't be bothered with me. So I can count it all joy when the devil attacks me, but it takes practise & isn't always easy.

How have you changed?

I have grown stronger in my walk with God {although I still have a long way to go} & am growing to love him more & more. I am able to stand up against the schemes of the enemy with more assertiveness, with God's strength.:)