• 6 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I live in portland, Oregon. I have been involved in BSF for several years, but it has become difficult for me to be involved in a live bible study at this time so I am excited about this online interactive study. I am a retired engineer and I love the Lord Jesus.

• 9 months later...

Hi it has been awhile since I have taken a course and I have missed it.  My nickname is Thud and I go by it on almost everything.  I am a Certified Lay Minister in the United Methodist Church.  I have MS and have added cancer to the list since March of this year.  But I am a fighter and neither will win.  I must be doing something right or satan would not be chasing me so hard.  I live in NC and my husband is a minister and he too has cancer.  we have 5 children and 6 grandchildren.

• 8 months later...

PRAISE THE LORD EVERYONE.

My name is Gary from Windsor , Ontario , Canada which is right on the border with the U.S. right across the river from Detroit ,Michigan.

This is my second course but first time on the forum. Looking forward to encouraging and building one another up in the Faith of our Lord and Saviour

Jesus Christ.

Hello- my name is Letchworth.  Originally from the frozen north near Buffalo, NY, USA.  Recently retired and moved to Ohio to be closer to grandchildren.

I enjoy gardening & keep active in activities at the local YMCA.  I am taking training/orientation to volunteer with Hospice- and would like to train as a volunteer chaplain for them.

This is my first Bible Study with JesusWalk- looking forward to sharing in the experience with each of you.

Good morning. My name is Gloria. I am a Texan in the area that is called West Central Texas. I am married and have 3 grown children and 5 wonderful grandchildren. My grandchildren are growing much too fast for me. One is in graduate school, another is newly married, another will be graduating from high school this year, and the other two are in high school.

I do volunteer work at a faith-based nonprofit that offers job training for unemployed and underemployed adults. I attend church regularly and am quite interested in going deeper into Bible study. I am especially interested in the book of Philippians because that was one of my father's favorite books. He often quoted Phil. 4: 6-7 and found great comfort in that as he experienced the final days of his life here on earth. 

I especially love the hymn in chapter 2 and want to focus on the deeper meaning in those verses.

Blessings to all as we enter this transforming study.

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I'm from Northern Indiana. I'm married to my wonderful husband Jack and we have 2 cats. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has for each of us through the Phillipians study! God bless!

Hi! I'm Tammy from Fort Worth, TX where I live with my husband. I am an empty nester and have three adult children...all boys (men)! I also have a wonderful daughter-in-law and a 2yo sweet granddaughter.

I have already begun the study by looking into the background of the book...Maps & Charts, Archaeological Bible, Manners & Customs in the Bible, and a couple commentaries. I primarily use my NASB translation, but I also have an NIV, NLT, and The Message. I'm looking forward to gaining significant insight into Paul's letter to the Philippians and how it applies to my own life!

Hello all, I'm Debbie from the state of GA in the USA. I've been a christian for many years now, and love to study God's Word. I've read the book of Philippians a few times, but not really studied it, so I'm looking forward to learning what God will reveal to me through this study.

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Disciple Lessons from Philippians.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hello, 

My name is Glenda. I am from the USA residing in Georgia. I look forward to sharing with each of you in the Disciple Lessons from Phillipians. 

Expect the Great!!!

Hi, my name or nickname is Thud.  I have taken many of these studies and find them to be very helpful and informative.  I am a Certified Lay Minister in the United Methodist Church.  My husband is a Local Pastor in the United Methodist Church.  I am also an Ordained Non Denominational Minister.  In other words we serve our Lord Jesus Christ .  I am disabled.  I have Multiple Sclerosis and cancer.  My husband also has cancer.  We jokingly call ourselves the Job family.  God equips those He calls!  While my husband has a pulpit weekly.  My condition limits me weekly however, as I move through doctors and the world I use what I can for the Lord. This works much better for me.  I meet people where they need me.

Hello. I am from Glasgow, Scotland originally but now living near Lancaster in the north west of England. I have been staying in Florida for the last 3 months and shortly due to go back home to England. This is my first Bible Study with Pastor Ralph and I am looking forward to getting to know the Bible a lot better. I like the idea of sharing the Word with others in different parts of the world. It really warms my heart just as it probably did for Paul and his followers.