JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Disciple Lessons from Philippians.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Susan. If you wanted to find where I am on a map start by looking at one of the UK. Find the east coast of the main island then measure about half way along this coast now move about 20 miles inland of the North Sea and there you will find me in County Durham. Yes I know it sounds Irish with the county at the front rather than the shire at the end but I am definitely in England.

These days I go to a Baptist church although I used to go to an Anglican (Episcopalian) church as a teenager and then a Pentecostal church so I am familiar with a range of ways of doing things.

This has helped me as I work with teenagers helping them gain an academic qualification that will help them get into university. Some topics for this qualification are drawn from philosophy of religion and others relate to ethical theories which are used to examine the required list of ethical issues. This believe it or not is relaxation compared to that!

Susan

Dear Friend,

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hello, my name is Betty. I am from the great state of GA, USA. I look forward to this Bible Study and what God has to reveal to me and teach me from the Book of Philippians.

I have been a Christian for many years, but I still love learning new things about the great word of God.

I am a retired Senior and am always anxious to learn new things.

In Christ,

Betty

Hi!

I'm from the USA, residing in the state of Georiga.

I used to be a Catholic until January of this year. I am now attending a church that is non-denominational.

I am truly looking forward to these Bible Studies to help me to dig deeper in His Word and to help me to learn how to apply it to my life.

Thank you for having me aboard.

Your sister in Jesus Christ.

Hi!

My name is Deb. I'm just an every day gal who wants to learn more the Word. I've attended many churches and found a home in the Lutheran denomination. My husband and I own a cattle ranch in North Dakota and have 3 children. This is my second Joyful Heart bible study.

Shalom! My name is dae and this is my first Joyful Heart Bible Study. I am involved with several area churches and presently attend a Congregational church who has been without leadership for a year and a half. I preach when they don't have a speaker lined up and coordinate their Sunday School and monthly Coffeehouse. I am always 'seeking' more of God and love Jesus with all my heart. Looking forward to 'bee-ing' together as we learn of Christ in the book of Philippians. God-day to you! I am from Northern New York State.

My name is JulieAnn, and I am a professional artist. This is my first time studying with the Joyful Heart Bible Study group, and I am looking forward to an excellent experience.

I've been a Christian since I was 16 years old, however, I have fairly recently recommitted my life to Christ. My husband was born again in 2002, and we are looking for a church to attend and become solidly involved with.

We live in Georgia, and have one daughter (his bio, my step) who lives with her family in Palo Alto, CA. We hope to be able to relocate nearer to them as the LORD blesses us to make the move. We wish we knew His timing, but we realize that we don't. Still, we keep hoping and trying to stay open to "Divine opportunities".

God's Blessings to ALL! Until later.....

JulieAnn in GA :rolleyes:

Hi,

I am Josh, a United Methodist paster living in Ohio in the USA. I am always looking for ways to increase my understanding of God's word and studying with others is one of the best opportunities for such growth. I am looing forward to whatever God wants to reveal to me through this study by way of the Holy Spirit. I hope you all are blessed by this time of revelation and that God's word will grow within us all.

In Christ's love and service,

Josh

Hi, my name is Jill and I live in WA, USA. I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember but consider myslef a Born-Again Christian for only two years (walked away from my faith many years ago and came back to Jesus in 2003). I attend a non-denominational church with an awesome pastor teaching the Good News of Christ and God's love to all. I look forward to starting this lesson and seeing what God reveals to me through Phillippians. Thank you Pastor Ralph for this wonderful opportunity.

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hello,

My name is Mary, and I live in Circleville, Ohio-the home of the laregest pumpkin show in the U.S. I have been a Christian for a long time and attended church on a regular basis through out my Christian life. However, my quiet times with the Lord has not been on a regular schedule, and I have not been grounded in his word. For the past year, the Lord has been urging me to really get to know him, and to study his word. It is my desire to really love him with all my heart, and to serve him. I pray some day to be so saturated in the word and in his spirit that I will be ready with an answer to give the hope that is within me to someone that doesn't know him.

Hi, My name is Elizabeth, but everyone calls me B.J. I have studied six different courses with Joyful Heart, but this is the first time I have joined the forum. I was a Methodist, but about two years ago I became a Sabbatarian and have never been happier. I live in a small town in northwest Ohio, USA. I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with others on the forum.

BJ Lord

Greetings and blessings to all here. I have been involved in several studies before but not very deticated with the forum. I will try to remain connected this time. I have been a Christian for a long time and I attend a NonDenominational Church. I am married and a nurse that is currently attending school to obtain my BSN degree. I have allowed this and my other responsibilities to pull me away from God and the Holy Spirit is calling me to get back closer to God. This is my goal for this lesson to get back with God where I am suppose to be and to learn and apply what God has instore for me here. I live in North Carolina, USA and my name is Jeanne

Hi, I'm Dianleigh from the "country" of Texas, Cowtown to be exact. For those of you who don't know, that's in the middle of the USA.

I've taken 2 other courses from this site and enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to a good study of Philipians.

Hi,

I am Larry Frazier from Fayetteville, NC. Anyone who travels N or S along I-95 passes right by here if going through NC.

I am a retired high school English who taught for 30 years here.

My family and I are members of Gardners United Methodist Church.

My wife is a school librarian. We have two children: Aaron is 25 working in Richmond, VA and Lara is 19, living at home and is in college.

I edit and arrange our church's monthly newsletter.

The newsletter website is http://www.freewebs.com/gumc.

Please feel free to visit this sight.

Our church just finished the The 40 Days of Purpose which is based on Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life. This was a wonderful study.

I look forward to this study.

A wonderful website FYI is biblegateway.com. Many different editions of the scripture are available, some with audio versions.

God bless you,

Larry

Hello Joyful Heart Forum,

My Name is Mary, I am 34 and this is the first time I am doing this study and the forum.

I live in Bellmore. Its in New York State in the US and more specifically its on the Island East of Manhattan NY.

I have been saved almost 6 years (it'll be six years on Oct 10th actually).

ANd I just LOVE to study the Word, to read books that I acn glean from. I am an intercessor, G-d has given me a heart to pray for everyone and I love knowing that the closer I draw to Christ, the more He can and will work through me to see other found who are lost.

I was Catholic until I got saved.

um, I am not married or involved, I'd like to be ,when G-ds sees fit to bring who He has for me.

So in the meantime I just keep looking up, and to Jesus.

I look forward to studying with all of you.

Thanks for allowing me to

Bless you

your IN Christ,

,Mary :P

Hello my Brothers and Sisters in Christ;

My name is Celia and I live in Ohio. Have been a member here for quite sometime and I truly and deeply enjoy all the studies that have been presented here. I have not been able to come here as much as I would love to because I have and am very ill but I do my best. I truly love studying the Bible and I appreciate everything that I have learned and continue to learn.

God Bless You All.

Hi, I'm Cynthia from Bronx, NY near to the Yankee Stadium and I await patiently to hear what God would say to me in the following weeks through this lesson This is a first time for me, I have never done a bible study by way of the internet. :D

Hi, I'm Kate from the great state of Pennsylvania...I live deep in the heart of Amish/Mennonite PA...but I'm not Amish!

This is the first time I've done an on line study. I lead a Ladies Bible study at my church..currently we are reading, "Becoming a Woman of Excellence" Which I believe everyone is enjoying. I recommend it to any woman. (Okay men if you are curious you can read it too...and maybe you'll be able to get an idea of what women have to deal with in today's world!!!)

Can't wait to share with you!

Hello everybody. I am a retired mathematics teacher/administrator from Pennsylvania. I am looking forward to this study and the opportunity to meet and communicate with new friends around the world. I asked the Lord into my heart as a child and as a result I feel very strongly about ministries for children such as CEF and Awana. I've served in Awana now for 23 years. But, I am very much aware of our need to continue to grow in the Lord and that is why I am hoping that this study will help me grow closer to Him daily. May the Holy Spirit challenge each of us as we study together.

Hi. Interested to see all the Methodists and former Methodists. I am 51, married to a Methodist minister and right now we live in a small town in up state New York in the US. Yes, there is more to New York than just the City!

This is my first online study. I have been a Christian for 32 years and keep learning new things about Jesus everyday. We lived in Australia (Melbourne) for 8 years (officially we were missionaries, but that doesn't imply that we were any better than Australian "Natives.") We have been back in the States for 25 years.

Two sons, one married living in Boston and one single, currently serving in the Army in Fallujah, Iraq.

I have a degree in Pastoral Counseling but am currently unable to work due to heath factors.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you as we study together!

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

I will enjoy this lesson and in reading other answers to our guestions. Im sure will be a blessing. I missed the lesson on "James"because my computer was old and it finially ~crashed~ for good.I AM BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED! My husband bought another one at a great deal,PLUS,a little over two weeks we have had the computer,and we got 98 dollars back.GOD,always provides.Amen. Health and happiness to each and everyone.Be Blessed Linda :D

Hi

I'm Art. From the USA and the great state of Texas. I live in the midle of the Dallas-FtWorth metroplex.

This is my first Joyfull heart bible study. I travel quite a bit, so I've had a pretty good excuse not to engage in a bible study.

Until now. Looking forward to getting deeper into the guidebook of life.