JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Kingdom and Will

When we pray "Thy kingdom come", we are praying this in the sense that God will through us His Church, show the world a semblance of what His Kingdom will truly look like when Christ has come a second time to take over and rule over this world.

We are also asking God, to speed up the return of of His son  Christ Jesus.

Again, when we pray " Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" we are asking as the church, that God by His guidance through Him the Holy Spirit, will have us pray along the lines of His will. 

Jesus did say we are to love and worship the Lord your God with all your heart soul and strength, as well as to love your neighbor as yourself.  If we pray along these lines as well as living our lives along these lines in other words letting these prayers inform how we live, then His will, will be done on earth

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2005 at 10:12 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

1. We ask for ABBA’s Kingdom to come because Isaiah 9:6-7 says unto us a child is born, to us a son is given - ‘Jesus’ and the government will be upon his shoulders and of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. The Zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this. He will be known as our Pele-Yoetz Wonderful counsellor, El- Gibor Mighty God, El Olam Avi’Ad Everlasting Father, Jehovah Shalom Prince of peace. So we are asking for the increase of His Kingdom government and peace to be loosed upon our lives and those we pray for throughout the nations. Also it’s to reveal to us who our Father really is to us His children whom He loves, adores, cherished and deeply cares for. How blessed are we?

2. Even though God has given us free will to choose how we are going to live, He now gives us freedom to choose His Will which is superior in every way. Those who have learned through the trials of life the consequences of their choices, pray for and embrace God’s will because they know deep down that His will is filled with love and His best for us.

3. Praying for His Kingdom to come and will to be done in my own life makes me one happy child. I rejoice in ABBA’s best for me and those I pray for.

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

We are asking the Father's Kingdom come because we have read the end of the Book, and we know it will be a glorious Kingdom. He revealed glimpses of that glory to us through Jesus and through the prophets.  We ask His will to be done on earth because once the Spirit of the Living God lives within us, we can begin to understand the incredibleness of our Lord and truly how He works all things for good (Romans 8:28).  His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:9)[Can you imagine a place filled with love for one another??] and this prayer impacts us in wanting to know those higher ways--in wanting to live so that people can tell we are filled with God's love for them.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Kingdom and Will