JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Kingdom and Will

Thy Kingdom come; I believe Jesus brought the knowledge of the kingdom when He came to earth, the Kingdom was always here, God is the King, we are His people, He takes care of us when we repent and keep His commandments. When we pray 'Thy Kingdom come' we are acknowleging that He is indeed our King, and His Kingdom has come.

Thy will be done; We are agreeing that His will will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven. All the promises and blessings He has for us in The Word of God can be ours when we follow Jesus example.

We are not only asking, but agreeing with Him that this will be done, also we are proclaiming His Greatness as our King, and His Great Kingdom that will remain forever. God wants us to be confident that this is so, and that it is good, also that it is for All People.

How we incorporate this into our prayers is that we must always praise Him as our Father and King, tell Him we are glad to be a part of His Kingdom, and that we thank Him for all the blessings He has in store for us(His will be done)Here on earth, we don't have to wait to die and go to Heaven to be blessed by Him.

Martie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

When we ask that the Father's kingdom should come we are asking our Father for his awesome manifest presence/power/glory of his kingdom to come upon us so that we can take it to the world - to a people who do not believe in God. When they see the glory on us the glory that will cause us to look different, shine - do His will and speak His word. Is God's will that mankind should be like Him - love, unity, peace to name a few.

We are asking the Father's will to be done on earth so that we His people will be ready for His return.

This prayer should affect our living by asking God to be his hand extended by asking Him for that power and glory to fill us - to be new vessels/shepard to go and take this power and glory to those you are lost

• 2 weeks later...

God is perfection, why not seek that perfection and want it here with us, around us always. Our lives are to imitate Him. His kingdom and His reign is or should be our goal and our request to the Father with every prayer. We as Christians are Gods family we should be eagerly anticipating the kingdom of God.

• 4 weeks later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

We are telling God that we want to join Him in Heaven meanwhile here on earth we want His will to always be done; for the world to recognize Him and put away sinful ways. We are asking Him to help us to carry the crosses that we must carry on this earth with patience, love and thanksgiving. We should live as if we could meet Jesus at any moment. We need to know that we have been making every effort to live blameless lives and to turn to Him for mercy and forgiveness when we fall.

• 1 month later...
Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

We pray for God's will to be done in our lives and in the lives of those around us. We pray for people to be saved, healed, blessed, and delivered. We pray for the power and love of God to convict people of their wrong doing and the strength for them to change.

We ask for His will to be done on earth because the earth is His and all that is with in it. We know from the prayer that Jesus prayed that this is pleasing to the Father.

If we are truly seeking God's will to be done, then we will not be so consumed by our will. When we realize God's will and the importance of God's will to be done - then we will become willing vessels to be used to brilng forth the will of God and to bring Him glory.

• 2 months later...

Q2 - I am asking thy kingdom come because I look forward to not having to fight my will anymore. I ask for the fathers will here on earth because God knows so much more than I. When I lost my job and asked for another job, I was out of work for 3 months before the Lord provided a new job. During that time, I was asking for a job, and I was asking for God's will. I don't know why I didn't get a job quicker, but I do know God provided for me and in his time he gave me a job. I believe part of the reason God didn't give me a job right away was because he wanted me to learn to trust him. This prayer should affect our lives in learning to trust.

• 2 weeks later...

When we pray "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done" we are praying that God will manifest Himself and His glory in the world and in our lives. There are so many things going on in the world that we don't understand. Yet we must pray that God will continue to manifest Himself in the world so that spirtual healing, deliverance and restoration may come and the unsaved may come into the knowledge of a relationship with God.

Sometimes, as I pray, I am lost as to what I should pray about regarding my life and the lives of those around me. I rely on the Holy Spirit, my earthly Intecessor, to interpret God's will to me. Often, the things that we want and we pray for are not God's will for us. We must pray for His will to be manifest and have the faith to accept His will.

When I pray, "thy will be done", I am saying to God - I trust you and your will for whatever situtation that faces me, I trust your faithfulness, your mercy and your love.

You have proven that Your way is the best way; You have a credibility - at track record of faithfulness in my life.

When I pray these words, I can pray with the confidence that even when it seems that He is taking His time in revealing His will for my life and manifesting Himself and His glory, I still trust Him.

• 4 weeks later...

When we pray, "Your kingdom come," we are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom in us, and throughout our world. We are also praying that Christ might reign over all and to hasten the return of Jesus Christ to this earth.

When we pray, "your will be done," we are acknowledging the supreme will of God and asking that His will in heaven be done here on earth through the faithful.

This prayer should affect our living in that we should be actively submitting our will to God's will in order to carry out God's purpose for our lives in spreading the Kingdom of God on this planet.

THE KINGDOM OF THE FATHER IS AN HEAVENLY KINGDOM. THE BIBLE SAYS WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS THERE YOUR HEART WILL BE. BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME AND THIS WORLD HAS NOT GIVEN US ANY PEACE WE SHOULD BE EXPECTANT OF THE FATHER'S KIGDOM THAT GIVES PEACE THAT THE WORLD CANNOT AFFORD. FATHER'S WILL ON EARTH WILL BE A THING OF JOY TO HIM IF WE OBEY ALL THAT HE COMMANDS ON EARTH. THIS PRAYER CAN AFFECT OUR LIVING IF WE OBEY HIM IN ALL THE THINGS HE HAS COMMANDED US TO DO

• 3 weeks later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

What he establish in the heavens be establish in earth. We are the door in which his kingdom comes in earth.

In - inclusion, location, or position within limits

On - contact with and supported by the top surface of

By these two definitions with in/on gives this prayer two totally different meanings. I'm choosing in earth because that's what the word says and by the definitin of in makes more sense to see what God wants to happen.

We need to ask for the Father's will to be done in earth because its in us that manifestation are seen. It's in us that God love and power is manifested.

How should this prayer affect our living?

The affect of this prayer should be the manifesation of thy kingdom come in earth and not on earth. This says Lord what you have shown me in communion with you I can now stand, make corrections, choose different answers and not be surprise with not so good things happen to me.

The Kingdom of God belongs to Him and if we want to live in it we must not just call Him Lord but recognize and acknowledge Him as the King of this Kingdom; our King. So, we must submit totally to His Lordship and allow Him to direct our lives; every area of our lives. We must surrender our will to Him and let His will be our will; let His ways we our way and each day experience Him afresh. This is on a personal level

In prayer and intercession we can ask that God Almighty be Lord in our world. We can stand in the gap for our families, churches cities etc. And we can cry out to the Lord to come and lead us and govern us.

Surrender. We ask for His kingdom to come and surrender our lives to His plan. We ask submitting our lives to Him. We should be affected by this by living a life laid down to His will. We should be expectant of His power and guidance in our lives. Sadly we mostly do not live this way, we tend to go off in our own direction busy and preoccupied.

It's true! But His grace carries us! I have been learning about the grace of God lately. Even in our busyness He carries us. Although that doea not mean that we should not make time for Him. He is a jealous God! May He help us.

• 2 months later...

I equate the Kingdom with God's loving will in our daily lives when we ask the Father's kingdom to come. We are asking for His will to be done beause all things work together for His glory--then it is good. This prayer should affect our living in that through kindness and joy we can bring a piece of heaven to someone who is hurting or in need. Then we open the door to the good news of His Son!

When we pray "Thy Kingdom come" we are asking that the power and authority of God be manifested in us, and through us.

When we pray "Thy will be done" we are submitting ourselves and personal desires to the desires of God. I think this submitting to God's desire is more important than anything else. This is seen in the three prayers of Jesus Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. Three times Jesus asked the Father to take this Cup, but not until the third time had he fully become submitted to God's will. Not until Jesus was fully submitted to God's will was he obedient even unto to death. And God's will could be fulfilled in his obedience.

• 2 weeks later...

[Thy Kingdom come should come in our daily living. We live for Christ so His will should be done. Usually in prayers we always ask for our wills not Gods but this prayer teaches us that His will should be in everything we ask for.

It affect our living because we always want our living not His will. By using this prayer we end up facing reality of Gods will in our living.

[We are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom in us and throughout our woeld. That the whole world would see the kingdom of God after repenting and doing Gods will. We are praying that God would reign the whole world.

We should live a life of Gods will to enable us the kingdom. As we are told in his word that the kingdom of God is near we should repent.]

In what sense are we asking that the FATHER kingdom show come? So, He can get the glory and that we can go by his understanding and not ours. Why are will asking for the FATHER'S will to be done here on earth? The father knows whats best for us. He know us better then we know ourself. We have to wait on GOD

• 4 weeks later...

In the short term, that the Kingdom of God be replicated as closely as possible by me, in my actions and thoughts, and outward focus that leads me to care about the salvation of those around me. In a long term perspective, as with Revelation, come Lord Jesus, usher in the Kingdom so that sorrows and hardships become a thing of the past and God's perfect will be plentiful in the new heaven and new earth. The two, short and long term, may not be that far apart, and I pray sometimes that they aren't.

The Father's will being done would lead to a perfect earth, since we will not know perfection before the return of Christ, the praying for our Father's will, should at least give us a modicum of perfection in our own sphere of influence. Putting ourselves lower in priority and God's will higher should have the result of making us more content with our lot in life, and enabling us to promote God's kingdom on earth with the example of our activities and the results of our prayers reflected in our persona.

I think I just addressed how it affects our living in the answer above. I wish I could live the result as well as I can talk about how it should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

We are praying for the advancement of God's cause, putting His interest first. We are praying for the day when our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will set up His kingdom on Earth and reign in righteousness.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

We are saying that God knows what is best for us and that we are surrendering our will to His. It is also stating our desire to see His will done throughout the earth.

How should this prayer affect our living?

We should live our lives according to God's commandments and our daily living should reflect God"s will and His Word on how we sholud act and how we should treat each other.

When we ask "Thy will be done" we are asking to have God's plan lead our lives. Thy kingdom come is asking for us to live as God would have us live so others can see God through us until Jesus comes back to take his bride to heaven.

We should think about what we are asking and strive to live so others can see God's kingdom - Christian qualities - in our lives.

In the physical sense we would like to see God take His place as ruler of the world and to remove all sin from our lives

We ask that His will be done meaning that more or all peoples would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

We should live our prayers believing that God will answer. He will have His way here on earth and we as His Children will live and praise Him eternally.

We are asking that God Kingdom- The power and glory of heaven be brought down to us. As Christians, we are meant to bring the councils of heaven down to earth. We are brokers of the power of Almighty God through our prayers for the world, ourselves and our loved ones.

When we claim that "His will be done" not only are we submitting to His will (and letting go of OUR desired outcome) but we are also acknowledging that He is in charge of our lives and is The Almighty! It is a posture of obedience.

One way this prayer affects our lives is the freedom that obedience and submission to God brings. It seems as if those things would not bring freedom, but we can have freedom from worry and let the Holy Spirit bring peace.

• 1 month later...

We don't fit in to this kingdom here on earth. We are anticipating the time when Christ will return and reign. We are asking that what happens on earth will be according to God's will and personally, that His will will guide our thoughts and actions.