JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Forgiving

Why should we continually ask forgiveness?

We keep doing wrong. Sometimes we miss the mark even when we try to do good. We ave to learn to recognize God's will but when we don't, we have to ask for forgiveness. We often don't even know when we go wrong. Some time ago i bought a farm for widdows to produce their own food. I bought seed, fertilizer, impliments and whatever i thought was needed. But i never asked for God's will, i asked for God's blessing, but wanted to be in control it was my will not God's will, and i messed it up.

Often we go wrong even when we don't realize it. We must ask for forgiveness when we know we are wrong and when we just miss the mark not even knowing we are going wrong.

How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

When i am outside God's will, God will not bless me and He will not forgive me. So when i don't forgive, i am outside His will, God can not give us blessings when we are disobedient. When we dont show others God's love He has to sanctify us, discipline us, help us to come closer to Him. That is not through blessings but through hard times, hard times that are just another type of blessing because it draw us closer to God. It is our choice whether we are going to allow the hard times to draw us closer to God or not

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness?

Though we are born again of the Spirit of God, and we have the new nature from God in us, and God's grace to help us, we also still have the sinful nature inherited from Adam. Because we still have the sinful nature, we are going to sin, though hopeflly less and less, this is why we constanstantly need God's forgiveness.

How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing?

To the degree that we are unforgiving towards others sins, God will be unforgiving towards us. This sin will cause bondage and stop the flow of God's blessing.

How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

Unforgiveness is sin, and must be confessed and repented of to bring the forgivness from God. God expects his people to be forgiving, as He is forgiving.

• 1 year later...

We ask continually for forgiveness because we as humans continually sin. Our ways, thoughts, desires even our capacity to love is often alien to the purity, perfection and the holiness of God.

The act of 'not forgiving' hardens our hearts. A hard hard separates us from God.

As the bible teaches in order to be forgiven we must learn to forgive

• 3 months later...

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." (Matthew 6:14-15)

To be free you must let go of unforgiveness. The path of health is forgiveness. The path of healing is forgiving.

Blocks your "personal relationship" with God and ability to enjoy His presence; prayer is hindered.

The act of 'not forgiving' hardens our hearts. A hard hard separates us from God.

Christians who will not forgive others will not be heard when they ask for forgiveness. And when we come to pray that our Heavenly Father will take sins out of the way, will cleanse them and forgive them, not let them hinder our communion with Him or our service for Him, all our praying is useless unless we forgive others who may have wronged us

Christians who will not forgive others will not be heard when they ask for forgiveness.  :wub: 

• 1 month later...

We as humans make a lot of mistakes on a daily basis. We need to be forgiven for a lot of things that we do not even realize that we are doing. God made it very clear, if we do not forgive others, we will not be forgiven. He will treat us as we treat others. God will not bless our lives if we do not allow ourselves to forgive as much as Christ did. he asked the Father to forgive the people that killed him.

• 1 month later...

We should be asking for forgiveness because we sin often. Sometimes we sin and don’t know it and we sometimes sin even when we know that it is a sin. So we should always be asking for forgiveness. Unforgiveness on our part on our part blocks God’s blessing because we are always thinking about the sin that was perpetrated on us. And since we were unable to forgive others then God will not for us for our sins.

• 4 months later...

We live in the flesh and commit sins throughout the day in thoughts,words and deeds. We need continued forgiveness from God. This is a continual process. It is not once forgiven and forgiven forever. We need to repent of our sins and obtain forgiveness from God.

The foundation of Christian faith is based on Love and Forgiveness. As Christ loved and forgave us from our sins and trespasses, we too should forgive others and exhibit the love Christ bestowed on us.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness? 

We should continually ask for forgiveness in order to prevent unforgiveness from turning in to bitterness. Unforgiveness blocks God's blessing because when we don't forgive others their trespasses against us, God will not forgive us for our trespasses against Him. We are in bondage to sin when we choose not to forgive.  We must walk in God's love at all times.         

• 2 months later...

We should continually ask for forgiveness because we are always sinning through our deeds,  our mind and so many things that we do, we do them  without knowing that we are sinning.  so we really need to continue asking for forgiveness. 

God normally does not bless those who do not forgive.  Because the condition that God gave us is that we should forgive and its only then that our sins are also forgiven by him and from there HE CAN NOW ANSWER OUR PRAYERS AND BLESS US.

It is the condition which our God gave us. He new that if people will not be forgiving other people there will be chaos on earth. so, He thought it wise that people should first forgive their enemies before God forgive them.  This allows peace to reign on earth.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We mus continue asking for forgiveness to continue fellowship with Jesus... its a must to ask for forgiveness and its also a must to forgive others.... if we do not forgive God will not forgive us and we will be separated from Him and if we are separated from Him we will not recieve anything from Him... it will even hinder our prayers.....

• 7 months later...

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

1, because we continually need it

2, if I have an unforgiving heart then my heart is simply to hard to receive blessings 

3, an unforgiving heart is not truly aware that it needs forgiveness 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/5/2005 at 5:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

We need to continually ask for forgiveness because even though we are no longer under the power of sin, we still do sin, and we want to keep our slate clean before God.

How can God bless us when we are living in sin by not forgiving others?

If we don't forgive others for sinning against us, how can we expect God to forgive us for sinning against Him?

Edited by Dek
typo

• 3 months later...

It is arrogant to be a sinner, not ask for forgiveness and expect God to welcome us into His Heaven. Confession and repentance are key in our relationship with Him. Both include asking for forgiveness. Holding a grudge goes against the way of Jesus. 

As Christians, we are to model Christ’s actions. He forgave those who persecuted Him and took His earthly form. That is the ultimate in forgiveness. To not forgive is a sin (since it was a command from Jesus.) Sin blocks us from God’s blessing. 

How can unforgiveness block God’s forgiveness?

God will forgive us as we forgive, so if we do not forgive, we are not following His command. We saw what happened when the Israelites stopped following His commands (over and over again.) 

• 6 months later...

Q4. Why should we continually ask forgiveness? How can unforgiveness on our part block God's blessing? How can unforgiveness block God's forgiveness?

we sin everyday, even if we don’t remember. Our thoughts, day dreams, words, actions...all play a part. It’s scary how inescapable it really is. We need to always acknowledge this and be aware. The little sins and cracks in our belief are the devils way in. It’s crazy how sneaky he can work. 
forgiveness can be tricky and difficult. Like Pastor said, it’s easy to say and not do. We need to forgive and be done. If we hold on to the hurt, we only hurt ourselves and prevent God’s blessings because we haven’t let go of the hurt and set our eyes and hearts straight. 

• 11 months later...
On 9/5/2005 at 8:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

We should continually ask for forgiveness because we are without sin.

Unforgiveness on our part blocks God's blessing because of the sin of unforgiveness. We must forgive in order to be forgiven. If we aren't forgiven, we are operating in sin. Since we are operating in sin God is not going to bless us. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2005 at 10:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. I don’t continually ask for forgiveness as it makes me sin conscious and puts me under the power of the law and condemnation. I am now under grace. I find it’s better to continually be thankful. All my sins have been dealt with on the cross, once and for all, past, present and future. If I make a mistake I say sorry to Abba and ask for His help to do the right thing next time. 

2. Unforgiveness to me is a process of allowing God to heal you as you slowly forgive the person who wronged you.

3. I am totally, completely and fully forgiven by the FINISHED work of Jesus on the cross. God’s wrath was poured on on Jesus for all my sins there, even sins of unforgiveness. I am a new creation. Nothing stops, blocks or hinders God’s love, blessings or mercy towards me.

Jesus did do an amazing thing for us humans when He taught us to pray: "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us."  WOW. He put humans in the driver's seat on allowing forgiveness. I have prayed that prayer you mentioned - make me able to forgive.  I agree, the people who do not know well are not so difficult to forgive.  But betrayal...that is difficult. Whenever we don't forgive, we permit evil to have a toehold, foothold, stranglehold in our lives which brings darkness in. By humbly asking for help, His LIGHT can shine in(Psalm 139:11-12)and we allow the Lord to be about His business of transformation--transforming me.