JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hezekiah's prayer "you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth, you have made heaven & earth" correspondence to the Lord's Prayer " our father who art in heaven,thy kingdom come." God who is the creator of heaven and earth dwells in the heavenly places. All the power and glory belongs to Him.

Our faith in a God who controls and rules the heaven & earth, without His word nothing happens makes it possible one to come boldly to His throne to pray believing that He will answer our prayers and provides according to our needs.

When we go to God in faith believing that He will hear prayers, God will honour our faith and answer prayers.

• 5 years later...

2a.  When Hezekiah uses... O Lord God of Israel ....its identical in name referencing.to Our Father in the the Lord's Prayer. Who is and what is our father's names are the same names used  by Hezekiah.Israel is the birth place promised land for God's chosen people and is recognized as such today. In the Old Testament when Israel was wandering in the desert the Ark of the Covenant  between the cherubim was God's dwellings. In the new Testament heaven is commonly used as God's dwellings. 

2b.  It is important to the strength of our faith when we know by personal relationship the God we are serving. We firmly and truly believe in who he is his character. Knowing the unchangeable steadfastness of nature deepen our faith and trust .

2c.  This is an essential key in God answering prayer. When God knows that we are completely in submission to Him and all our trust is in his hands then God's in turn never leave nor forsake us.God knows all our concerns,cares and fears along with the sincerity of our hearts. Therefore when we present our petitions to him he knows the depth of our faith and the trust and confidence we have in him and  will respond in accordance to  his will and with  mercy and kindness to our needs. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2005 at 3:20 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (19:15) How do the first two sentences of Hezekiah's prayer (verse 15) correspond to the first sentence of the Lord's Prayer? How are they important to faith? How are they important to God answering the prayer?

The first line of Hezekiah's prayer acknowledges who God is just like the Lord's prayer.

Acknowledging who God is important to our faith, because how can we have faith in God and not know who He is. Knowing God is part of having a relationship with Him. 

When we tell God who He is, we are literally giving Him back His word. The Bible says that, "God's word cannot return to Him void." God can't ignore His word or who He is. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2005 at 5:20 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (19:15) How do the first two sentences of Hezekiah's prayer (verse 15) correspond to the first sentence of the Lord's Prayer? How are they important to faith? How are they important to God answering the prayer?

1. How do the first two sentences of Hezekiah's prayer (verse 15) correspond to the first sentence of the Lord's Prayer?
He lifts his vision off the problem and exalts Abba dearest by speaking the truth about who his God is: ‘O LORD, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth’

2. How are they important to faith?

I  cannot have faith in a God I don’t know, so it’s important for me to get to know God through His Holy Word, having communion, speaking with Him, appreciating the wonderful covenant of grace Jesus bought for me with His blood and body and appropriating all those precious revelations into my abundant life He won for me. O how precious is my Saviour!

3. How are they important to God answering the prayer?

If I magnify my problems they consume me with fears and worries but if I magnify Abba dearest over my problems believing He is able and nothing is to hard for him, this faith pleases Him, even as small as a mustard seed. He is ALWAYS FAITHFUL and cares deeply for my safety. I am assured of deliverance and victory in every circumstance because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world amen 🙏🏼

The first two sentences of Hezekiah's prayer 2Kings 19:15 correspond well to the first sentence of the Lord's prayer: "O LORD, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth." and Jesus taught us: "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name."  While Hezekiah called God "Lord" and Jesus tells us to call God "Our Father," both indicate a place of honor, protection, and caring.  Speaking of where God is enthroned between cherubim denotes the fear, awe, and high regard Hekeziah had for God--truly he knew God's name was HOLY. Continuing wit, "you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth," proved that he knew God was Holy, in Heaven, AND he created all things.  To God alone belongs all the power.

This is so important to demonstrate faith.  These words make clear exactly whom Hezekiah had faith in - and the beginning of the Lord's Prayer makes plain in whom we have faith.  When we put God in the highest place of honor, know He is almighty to do His will and care for His creation, we know He hears and answers our prayers.