JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Touched by the Hand of God

God puts his hand on the psalmist. He holds his fast with his right hand. I felt God put his arm around me one day while I was at Sunday worship. I was feeling very low, somewhat alone. There was a feeling of devastation in my spiritual life. I was trying to find hope in what I felt a hopeless situation. I felt an arm going across my shoulder holding me firmly. I was startled and looked around but there was no person around me. But the feeling stayed there and I felt an instant calmness in my hear. I no longer felt hopeless but I had an answer to my prayer. I was given a new way of thinking about the situation and I was given the answers. I still remember the feeling and I have listened and I have grown in my personal spiritual life.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Verses 5 and 10 states that God's hand is constantly protecting and guiding in the right path. Similarly, He hems in behind and before and puts His hand on us to steady us and direct us. He guards us like a valuable object. God's knowledge and guidance are for our protection.

Yes, I felt God's hand on me leading,guiding and protecting both in the place of work and in family life. Many a times it was for my good. It helped me to understand that obedience to God and walking in His ways will lead me and guide me to the right decision and destination.

• 4 years later...

Sometimes we don’t let people get to know us completely because we are afraid they will discover something about us that they won’t like. But God already knows everything about us, even to the number of hairs on our heads in Matthew 10:30, and still he accepts and loves us. God is with us through every situation, in every trial—protecting, loving, guiding. He knows and loves us completely.His hand is always upon us, we need to worship this God in truth.

God‘s character goes into the creation of every person. When you feel worthless or even begin to hate yourself, remember that God’s Spirit is ready and willing to work within you. We should have as much respect for ourselves as our Maker has for us.

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2005 at 9:30 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

In these verses I felt the Psalmist was saying that God was His protection and safety. Not only from people, but from himself as well. 

I have felt God's hand on me my entire life. There are just things that have or haven't taken place in my life, that I know God's hand has been on my life. I will say that I have had both the good and bad. But it was all for my good!

• 11 months later...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

Verse 5: You hem me in behind and before You lay Your hand upon me                                                                                Verse 10: Even there Your hand shall lead me and Your right hand shall hold me

The wonderful thing is, JESUS is at the right hand of God, so in verse 10, Jesus holds the Psalmist.  This reminds me of Isaiah 40:11, "He will tend his flock like a shepherd;  he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young." Psalm 139:5 shows God's protection.  Psalm 16:5-8 affirms this, "Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;  you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."  Yes, I have felt God's hand on me--in His guidance, in His encouragement, in His lovingkindness, in His forgiveness, in His reassurance.