JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Touched by the Hand of God

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

he feels debateable, 1st he feels good that GOD choose him, then he says that he doesn't care for being constantly watched. yet he likes the idea of being safe

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way?

yes, in doing what i need even when i didn't mention it to him, or didn't even realize that i needed his help

Was it for your good?

it's always for my good even if i don't think so at the time...i eventually see it.

What was it like?

at 1st it was unusual, but now i'm appreciating it because i understand it better...it's always amazing no matter how often it happens.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Guidance of the Holy Spirit directing him.

Yes, God always does things for good. Though we may think we know better.

It was direction to something in particular that I wasn't going to do, but He instructed me to do it. I was glad I listened when all was said and done. HE does know what is best for us!!!!

B)

God leads and guides and helps the psalmist through the hard times.

Many, many times. God has made me feel special and when I let Him, He has turned my life into a direction I never expected. He has never misled me although I have had questions about His wisdom and at times I have put a good fight before I decided that Abba Knows Best.

Every time I have yielded to God's guidance (or a 2x4 hits me in the head) it has been good. It gives me peace to know that He is driving and I am sitting in the backseat enjoying the ride of my life.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!

God guided His hand to David through His omnipresence and omniescience, and David recognized this in the psalm.

It's a recognition that the God of all creation has pulled together everything of that moment specially to speak to me and make that moment have significance for me. I am surprised and joyous and i feel sorrow that I recognize those moments so infrequently and then I feel hopeful that in the future those will not be moments but all of life.

1. To me it is like the hand or arm of a father around his child as they walk in love. A pureness of heart in David would not allow him to shake it and head for a hole in the fence. Because of love for God David could not see a hole to run to.

2. Not all that long ago, maybe around the time we started we started this study, I would not have been arrested for acting like a christian. But there were several instances where things went so right that it could have only been God's hand involved. There is no other feeling like it. I can not imagine God's hand on me not being for my own good.

God's guidance(hand) is not arbitrary rules that we must obey. If we follow God's guidance it can do nothing but help us. Scripture doesn't exist to be beat upon with or used as an example of our failure. God's guidance, when followed allows us to escape all the torments of sin.

the psamlist is overwhelmed by it..he couldn't imagine it..he couldn't stand it yet he likes it for it is the merciful loving God who is holding him...he is daring for stating so for the Jehovah of the Israelites is unapproachable. The psalmist demonstrates great faith in this.

Yes, God puts so many good things in my life...and those times when i doubt whether they're from Him or not are heartbreaking, sinful times.

I pray for the psalmist's faith to experience so vividly the embrace of God

God's hand touches the psalmist with His protection and care. He feels "hemmed in", which I think equals cherished and saved.

I felt the touch of angels in church one day. It was clear and distinct and there was no-one there who may have touched my sleeve with that little pluck! It was so special. He has answered my prayers and brought me specific help on several occasions which humbles me that Almlighty God actually hears my prayers and answers them.

It is always for my good, even when I am getting a correction or warning.

It always makes me feel special because Father is paying attention to me and I know He always is totally aware of me. That is so awesome!. If only I could always be totally aware of Him!

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

The hand of God is His protection here.It is a wonderful experience to have God have His hand of protection comfort and guidance on you.

Many a time,and it is such an awesome experience.His hand of protection guidance comfort healing oh pure joy Our God is an awesome God.I just Love Him.

Verse 5 implies that God is going before David to watch for any danger ahead. God is also behind David so He can protect David from enemies that may sneak up from behind. David is valued in God's eyes so he is being watched and guarded.

Verse 10 implies that God's hand is upon David for good. God is conducting David, leading him along the right path. God is not going to allow David to slip no matter what the danger.

There have been times in the past when I have felt the hand of God.

I would just have this feeling of peace that things were going to work out.

Usually, at the particular time what happened didn't make sense to me or I couldn't understand why it was happening. Looking back, I can see God's hand in that situation and understand what His purpose was.

:D In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God's hand protects the psalmist in verse 5 and it is a guide and acts like breaks to grasp and stop him in verse 10.

Have you ever felt God?

I have felt God's hand on me many times...Examples: to problem solve, to deal with sickness, to deliver messages, for protection on the dangerous highways, to deal with grief, to help others through tough times, etc. I thank God for the presence of His hand to guide me daily. I've learned to lean, depend, and wait for His guidance and to listen to Him and recognize His touch.

Was it for your good?

Certainly! All the time.

What was it like? When the hand of God is upon me, there is a peace that whatever will turn out okay!

How does God's hand touch the psalmist?

In Verse 5 , God encloses him and places a hedge of protection around him.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way?

I believe I felt God's hand on me in times of witnessing to other people, when I least expected to do so.

Was it for your good? What was it like?

Yes, I believe it was for my good. Anytime I have the opportunity to share

God's word with someone, it brings a joy and delight to my soul to have had such a privilege.

• 2 weeks later...

Gods hand was already on the psalmist.Though at times we feel in our flesh God is not with us,that is not so.God is with us always.know matter what we do or where we ate ,Gods comforting presence is with us to lead and guide us.You can never be lost to his Spirit.Yes,I have felt Gods hand upon me many times.Times when I am happy and times when I am down.His presence feels good.God lifts me up,loves on me,and lets me know He is with me all the time.Know matter where you turn,just call out His name,and you will know He is there.I have felt Gods presence all around me,and it is beyond any words I could express.Gods presence is everywhere.God is on earth,as it is in heaven.Amen

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God's hand is always on David, protecting and guiding him whether he appreciates it at the time or not. But ultimately he realizes how precious that is.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

I have felt God's hand on me in a special way a number of times but one of the most critical was when my brother had a serious accident and I was away at university. God helped pull everything together for me to be able to get to the hospital where he was that very night in spite of the challenges of getting there, and I could feel God's presence comforting and surrounding me despite my being extremely upset. It was wonderful to know that God was with me and was helping me and helping my brother. God is always doing things for our good.

• 2 months later...

I think David felt completely blessed by God's touch.

It is so good to feel God's arms wrapped around you and to feel his presence with you, knowing he is in control of everything and has my best interest in mind, brought me through alot of mistakes in my life and alot of dangerous places, it also brought and is bringing through lung cancer. I could have never of made it without my God by my side. He took care of everything so well, there was nothing left for me to worry about. It is so wonderful to put it ALL in God's hands and let him do what HE wants to do the way HE wants to do it. It's so perfect! It is so sad that we don't let God have his way more often.

• 1 month later...

God had touched the psalmist in : Protection from all sides of any danger that could fall on him, blessings and guiding.

Yes I have felt God's hand on me , the first one is the free salvation, the work am doing and many other things He does in my life.

• 4 weeks later...

As the Great Shepherd, Yahweh has made His presence a spiritual fence around David, opening the gate and leading him as he should go, using His staff to bring David back into line while being watchful over him at all times.

God's hand has always been on me, it just took me 43 years to figure it out. Now that I have, and have submitted myself to Him (albeit sometimes relunctantly), I am being cared for as was David so my life is special, with the Father's loving hand on me.

There is no doubt that this has been for my good, rather my greatest good, for without His hand I would have long ago been in Sh'ol, the place of the dead.

In short, the Kingdom of God is with me. It doesn't get any better than this!

• 4 weeks later...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

I think in a matter of speaking it is God who is guiding David not his hand touching in littlerly

as you look over David's life you can see God's plan unfolding in his life, God does the same with

us, he guides, and protects us, because He wants His plan for your life to come to pass. No I have

never felt the hand of God in a real since. But by faith I know he is working in my life, I

can see the answered prayers all the time in my life, God is so faithful...

• 1 month later...

God responds favorably to humility,but keeps his distance from the proud, who think they have no need for him. David remained humble and seek God's face,and God renewed David with strength and power over his enemies.

Yes,I have felt God's hand over me,and I have also seen Him during the time of surgery, and it felt beautiful to feel,and see him.

• 2 months later...

Ans to 1stQ: As said, God holds the psalmist, guides him and protects him.

Ans to 2ndQ: In many occassions, yes I did.

Ans to 3rdQ: Yes, it was for good. I never consider anything bad happening to me as God's doing, except perhaps if before, I committed a grave sin that must have caused him to punish me.

Ans to 4thQ: It felt wonderful and flattering at the same time. Imagine, me thinking that God was there for me when I needed Him and helped me all the way? This is very inflating for the heart, mind and soul.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Verses 5 and 10 describe David's sense that he is hemmed in by God - this is an intimate knowledge of not escaping God's attention and care. God has providential knowledge and care over all areas of our life.

I can see God's hand in my life as I look backward at it. I am not always conscious of His hand in the present but certainly see it in perspective. I can see those times of crisis of decision making where God hemmed me in and then helped me to make the right decision. Was it for my good? Always it was for my good and His glory

:P In verses 5 and 10, God's hand touches the psalmist by no matter where he goes or what is going on, he finds God is there with him.

Yes, I have felt God's hand in a special way when I am going through a crisis or a trial. And yes it was for my own good because if it wasn't for God's hand I would have lost my faith and I would have succumbed to sin.

It was like I was truly amazed to see how good and loving God is and I can fully trust in him!

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God's hand was upon David for good. He led, guided and protected him from danger.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

In a good way God's hand has always been on my life, guiding me to make right life decisions, his hand has been upon me to bring healing in my body and there have been numerous times, even unknown to me, when his hand has been upon me to protect me from harm and danger. It is a joy to know that we have a God who is with us ALWAYS and we can rest assured that he will take care of us.

• 3 weeks later...

1). God`s hand is always leading and guiding David along the right path. No matter which way he drives, His mighty hand will be there directing, leading and guiding him under His protection.

2). Yes, God`s hand is upon me always as He is in control of my life.

3). Yes, it is always pleasing to have the hand of God leading and guiding me, knowing that He is protecting me with His unfailing love.

4). God`s hand has always lead me through in many ways. He guided me through the darkness leading me to the light. He is a Mighty God, Faithful and Awesome and is always there to meet all our needs.