JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Touched by the Hand of God

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

God's hand touches the psalmist by laying HIS hand upon him, hemming him in, guiding him, and holding him fast. Protecting, holding, guiding, loving, taking care of. What an honor to know that God has laid HIS hand upon us.

Many times I have felt God's hand upon me. It brings me comfort, peace, lets me know everything is going to be alright. I have felt God's hand surround me in a time of great hurt and pain and a time I wanted to rebel but God held me fast and surrounded me and guided me and kept me from the traps and pits satan had laid for me. He has been my refuge when all around me fell and crumbled at my feet.

God is always about my good. Even when He corrects and chastens me ilt is all for my good.

He is a great and mighty God! How awesome to know that HE cares for me and has laid HIS hand upon me.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

God laid His hand upon David and God's right hand held David fast.

I have felt God's hand upon me both in blessing me with ability and protection in certain situations, as well as God's hand of disciple on me correcting sinful or wrong behavior. Whether blessing or disiciple, it is all good.

God laid His hand upon David and also held him fast.

I have felt God's hand upon me in blessing me with words, ability and protection in certian situations, as well as His hand of disciple upon me when I have sinned or acted in a wrong manner. Whether hand of blessing or disciple, God's hand is always good. I know He is working with me.

• 6 months later...

You hem me in -- behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me."

"... even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast."

I believe that God guides those who hear and respond to His voice so that cna be a way that God led David with His hand. He also protects those He choses so here David could be speaking of God's protection over His life He protected Him from King Saul at time using His on son jonathan.

I have never felt the hand of God but often had the feeling that He was with me when I was having hard time and feeling alone or depressed. I believe that having God with you is always for your good He is our provider,keeper, and ever loving Father. He knows better than us what we need and should have. I believe that when we seek God He will always be found as His word says, it is up to us to knock and keep on knocking. Having a loving Daddy who provides all things God for those who love Him and are called according His purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

In verse 5 God has his hand before and after David. In verse 10 he says God's hand will guide him and hold him fast or safe.

God is everywhere and with it He guides and protects His children.

There are times we feel the presence of God comforting and providing security for us. It is a very peaceful safe experience to be in God's presence feeling His hand as He leads and guides us.

• 1 month later...

I think of God's Hand this way-when I'm good, it's a soft touch, and when I'm bad, it's heavy. I have been in the presence of God at times, and felt so much love and compassion. Awsome! No words can explain the feeling. But there have been times when I felt that anger or disappointment because I did or said something wrong. Terrible! As soon as I confess and ask to be forgiven, though, that terrible feeling is replaced with joy unspeakable and full of gloray! It's as though the bad thing never happened! If only we could forgive ourselves and others that quickly!

• 3 weeks later...

With loving protection...

Yes...His hand has been on me always...and ultimately, I know He does all things out of His great love for me...no matter what it "feels" like.

He's good...and doesn't just do good things...He is good...!

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God's Hand "hemmed" David in on all sides, and He led, as though David were in the palm of God's Hand.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way?

Yes, so many times...sometimes every day in large or small ways.

Was it for your good?

Always for my good, whether it was discipline, guidance, protection, being surprised by the joy of His manifest Presence in worship, or delighting me with a wonderful gift in nature, comfort during times of grief...

What was it like?

If it was discipline, I felt loved and drawn to Him in repentance, as a Father lovingly corrects a child. In guidance, He makes it clear what the next step is...an assurance that He is there leading me forward. He has protected me from serious injury or death in a roll over car accident, even showing me in a vision prior to the accident that it was going to happen and calming me so that I wasn't afraid. He was very present at my children's births...no labor for the first baby who weighed nearly 9 pounds and she was born without pain in less than an hour...barely made it to the hospital, and the second birth was quick and easy, in answer to prayer...both were before I knew the Lord...I just prayed "God if you're there will you help me to have this baby easily..I'm so frightened!"

During a long period of grief over past traumas, I actually felt the side of the bed compress down, as if He sat down. He comforted me and I could feel His Presense.....during that time He let me know I'm completely forgiven and then He let me know without words that He understands why I've made some of the mistakes and decisions I've made, apart from His guidance...due to the ravages of childhood. He is too awesome for words.I will praise and thank Him always!

In verse 5, God's hand is working to keep the psalmist on course, on the narrow path; in verse 10, we see that God's hand is always there, no matter where travel - even to the most distant places on earth.

I believe God's hand has been with me many times during my life, though I can't say I have physically 'felt' His touch.

David was a valued person to God, no wonder our Lord Jesus Lion of the tribe of Judah, David's lineage. David too loved God in and out and very transparent.

I am a child of God, so I am valued. God does not joke my my issues, I am His apple eye. I know Jesus loves me unconditionally. I love Him too. I am not an ordinary child of God I am a special child. It is like in every area of my life, He is always there for me. Thank you Jesus for loving me so dearly in this special way. By your grace I will get to heaven at the marriage supper where all saints will gather at the last assembly. See you all there too, amen.

• 3 weeks later...

If I go up to the heavens you are there

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.....

even there your hand will guide me

your right hand will hold me fast.

In verse 5....

"...You hem me in--behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me"

A strong tender touch as in a guide. Yes. This very weekend I needed it as my mom went home to be with the Lord. I needed reassurance that she is in a better place--I received double rainbows. Praise God. There is joy even in death.

• 2 weeks later...

God's hand on David was firm yet gentle and loving. David felt secure and safe in his Father's care. God's hand is a guiding hand and steers us from danger and leads us along the right path.

God reached out His hand to me and touched me not only when I felt sad and depressed, but also when I was rejoicing in Him as my Saviour.

When God touched me to keep me away from the paths of sin, sometimes I rebelled and felt frustrated and angry. But I came to realise that it was for my good. That changed my attitude from complaining to thanksgiving and rejoicing

• 5 months later...

The hand of God protects him. guides him and holds him. He is safe and secure.

Yes, God's hand was on me protecting me when I was unknowingly going to put my hand on a baby red-backed spider. With my current health this could have been very dangerous. I was so grateful and excited to experience God's protection.

• 2 months later...

GOD'S HAND TOUCH THE THE PSALMIST BY SURROUNDING HIM, SECURING,

GIVING DIRECTIONS AND BEING A GUIED.

YES I HAVE FELT THE HANDS OF GOD ON MY LIFE. SOMETIMES GENTLY SOMETIMES FIRMLY.

USUALLY IT IS FOR MY GOOD HE SAYS HIS PLAN TOWARDS US ARE GOOD AND NOT EVIL

WHAT THIS DOES IS CAUSE ME TO SEE HOW FAITHFULL HE REALLY IS, IT BRINGS A SENSE OF PEACE

• 4 months later...

David as well as all of us should understands that Gods' presence will lead and guide us in a positive way. In others words, though David fell hemed in because God was always with him; he knows that it was for his good.

Yes, I felt Gods hands on several occasions. One particular time, was in Aug of this year; the Doctors stated I didnot have long to live, several Intercessors prayed over me and I felt the hand of God over my body. It was peace I cant describe; It was truely a miraculous recovery. Bless the Lord!!!!!

Patricia

• 2 months later...

God's hand touches the psalmist in everything he does, he seems to feel God's presence all around him.

When I look back, I can see how God's hand has been in my life even when I wasn't aware of it. Now I am starting to appreciate his presence and to realise it's there to guide and sustain, always.

When I was extremely ill and had to be rushed into hospital for an emergency operation, before the ambulance arrived I prayed for help. I had the most moving experience of a deep amazing peace---- a total and utter sense of release and calm---before I was given pain relief by the doctor my pain was lifted out of my body like a silent steady stream of vapour, at that very moment I knew I was in God's right hand, and I will never forget it, how could I.

Such knowledge IS too wonderful for me, but nevertheless I know that my redeemer liveth.

• 5 months later...

Q2. (139:5, 10).

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

Was it for your good?

What was it like?

God holds onto the psalmist, never to let go; to guard, guide, lead, and watch over.

Yes, recently I wanted to move to a retirement complex. I had my eye on a certain unit but had to sell my (at that time) home first. To move house at my age it is quite a daunting experience. In the end I got the unit I was looking for, my house was sold; both sales going through almost simultaneously. The way it all happened I felt God

• 1 month later...

God's hand was upon the psalmist to protect him from falling and to guide him along paths of righteousness. Yes, God's hand has been on me and my family for the as long as we can remember. We look back and always marvel at how he has orchestrated many incidences (even the ones that looked very very bad at that time) in our lives for our benefit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Was it for your good? What was it like?

It is before him and behind him. It surrounds Him. It guides Him. I look at my life and I know that God's hand has been on us in a very real way. What we have done, traveled where we have gone and God has protected us against bad things. Yes, God was before and behind us. Yes, He was the Father looking after us. It is like we, I am special and privileged. I really am a very common person, nothing really special, yet God's presence makes me feel special, loved and valued.

• 4 months later...

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist? He is surrounded, protected and guided.

Have you ever felt God's hand on you in a special way? Yes I have, even if I did not know it then.

Was it for your good? What was it like? Yes, God protected and guided me even before I knew that there was a God. He loved me first. He is always here if only I can listen to the still small voice.

• 4 months later...

Q2. (139:5, 10). In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God’s hand is upon psalmist, David, for good. He is leading, guiding, and directing David along the right path.

Yes!!!

Was it for your good? What was it like?

God has helped me over the years when I felt depressed, worried, in pain, was persecuted, or whatever the case God saw me through. No matter the situation God worked it out to His good. Thank you Lord.

Romans 8:26-28Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (KJV)

• 1 year later...

In verses 5 and 10, God's hand guides us and protects us at all times. This is a good thing that I have experienced numerous times working with children at youth camps, VBS, Wednesday night services, and Sunday School. I also felt God's special touch leading me through some difficult working relationships last school year. I could have easily given up like so many people before me but I sensed that God had a special plan for me and wanted me to continue working at the school.

God is all around David in verse 5. Even here God's hand is on David to guide him. God's presence and His hand are there for David's good. I have felt enveloped by God in many circumstances. I felt His hand steady me in some very trying times. Such love is not found from another in this way.

• 2 years later...

In verses 5 and 10, how does God's hand touch the psalmist?

God's grip will not slip, no matter what the danger. God's guidance will be clear, no matter how much fog might obscure the path. God's hand leads, guides, conducts one along the right path.

Verse 5b: you have laid your hand upon me." You have taken ahold of me.

Verse 10: "... even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

No! If He did lay His hand on me. I didn't recognize it.

Was it for your good?

N/A

What was it like?

N/A