JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Intricate Prenatal Weaving

God’s involvement in my prenatal development means that He is always with me and I am exactly the way He wants me to be so I should go out and be myselves. For a young women carrying a child it means that God is at work within her to putting the baby together. This knowledge is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shows that God is present right from the conception and birth,because we are made in the image of God and God has a special purpose for each person who is born. God knows the beginning of my life and the end. Because He is the creator. I do not have control to choose my parents or to choose the country of my birth. I am created to be part of God's creation. God formed us as He wants us to be, according to His plan

No matter about genetic structure, our looks,or our abilities. God intricately woven together embroidered us in mother's womb with His love.

• 4 years later...

We need not fear because (1) God is with us (“I am with you”), (2) God has established a relationship with us (“I am your God”), and (3) God gives us assurance of his strength, help, and victory over sin and death. Are you aware of all the ways God has helped you?

We should have confidence in God’s presence and guidance. From birth to death, we are continually in God’s grip. But far more, we have the hope of the resurrection. Though our courage and strength may fail, we know that one day we will be raised to life to serve him forever. He is our security, and we must cling to him.

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2005 at 9:31 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us?

I believe that it is meant to encourage me in knowing that, the God of the universe created every part of me. I am no accident. I was created with great care and detail, and I was created with so much love and value in mind. 

For a woman who has carried three amazing daughters, it's mind boggling to know that as my babies grew inside of me God is knitting and forming the to be who He desired and purposed them to be. Though society have their opinions about children and their parents. We may have been a part of conceiving our babies, but God has everything to do with who they are and will be. I wish I had this question 26 years ago. (Never thought of this scripture in this way before.)

As for myself being knitted by the hands of God, and knowing that my parents had very little to do with who I am (not saying I don't have any of their traits or looks)is so amazing!! As long as I have been a Christian I have never looked at this passage like this. I know I said a lot, but I don't think I am doing any justice in my answers. 

• 11 months later...

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us?

God knew me before I was born.  His WORD called me to be. I am encouraged and secure knowing that He has a plan for me from the beginning to the end of my time here on earth and an eternal plan for my life through Jesus.  For a woman carrying a child she can rest knowing that God knows and orders each facet of the child-to-be's life. The father-to-be can likewise rest knowing that God understands this little one more than each parent ever will--to Him alone we can turn for all wisdom in child-rearing!!  The knowledge is overwhelming because of the depth and perfection of God--it is so much bigger than our minds can conceive.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Intricate Prenatal Weaving