JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Intricate Prenatal Weaving

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us?

The awareness of God's total involvement in my prenatal development lets me know that I am important to him. If he was that involved at that time, he wants to be totally involved now and cares for me very much.

A young woman carrying a child should be thankful God is in control even in the innermost part of her body and that he is knitting/weaving her child together. It should also let young women know how precious children are and discourage those who might consider aborting their baby. A father to be should also have a similar feeling although it seems for some the reality of fatherhood doesn't kick in that much until a baby is born.

The knowledge of God's involvement in our lives from the very beginning of conception is overwhelming as we try to comprehend how much he loves us.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us?

To know that God is in control of even the smallest details is so wonderful! He loves us so much that He watches over us even before we are born! Our small brains can't get wrapped around this concept! I've heard people say that the idea is absurd! Well, maybe to our mortal minds it is. But we have to remember-God is not confined to the same barriers that we are! Gloray! He's bigger and more powerful! Nothing is too big or small for Him! Praise His Name!

• 3 weeks later...

There are no "accidents"...He's been "in" it from the beginning...and that in and of itself is encouraging to know.

A young woman and young father-to-be may not feel so "alone" in this grand endeavor...God is there to help...!

It simply is just too big to fathom...our little minds can't contain it all...

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

I love this Psalm! It was such a delight to learn that God Himself created me, after being taught in school that I was a fluke of evolution with no plan nor purpose. It encourages me to know that He planned me...how I look (v15 "as if embroidered with various colors), my mental capacity, my body, my future, my name, where I'd live and at what time in History, who my parents would be and my siblings. My teeth are crooked and I used to want braces but couldn't afford them....now I just think, He gave me these crooked teeth, so they must please Him....He says I'm a wonderful work...WOW. He even planned every day of my life and wrote it in a book before I took shape and before I existed. How we are loved!

What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child?

She can relax and know that her unborn child will be God's unique work of art...and design. She needn't worry about whether it will have all of its' fingers and toes.....He has planned it all. She is just His incubator, and the child is safe in His arms even before birth as He's knitting it together....and I love that He doesn't "drop any stitches!"

A young father-to-be?

My mind is blank...as a woman, I dont' know what a father to be would be thinking....my husband never shared His thoughts or concerns with me about our unborn children. I imagine the responsibility for its care and provision would be on his mind...its education and future. Knowing how the Lord is in control would relieve the burden about the future.

Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us?

Many of us are so beaten down by life that we feel anything but a unique creation. It is so joyful to realize that the God who created all of the Universe in its' majesty, cared about the size of my fingernails and their shape, and that I have gold flecks in my eyes, or that He made certain my fingerprints are unlike anyone elses in the entire world....like His snowflakes are each unique. He did this for each individual, even knowing that only a remnant would want to follow Him and return His love....it is truly overwhelming!!! What great love He has for us!

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

I love this Psalm! It was such a delight to learn that God Himself created me, after being taught in school that I was a fluke of evolution with no plan nor purpose. It encourages me to know that He planned me...how I look (v15 "as if embroidered with various colors), my mental capacity, my body, my future, my name, where I'd live and at what time in History, who my parents would be and my siblings. My teeth are crooked and I used to want braces but couldn't afford them....now I just think, He gave me these crooked teeth, so they must please Him....He says I'm a wonderful work...WOW. He even planned every day of my life and wrote it in a book before I took shape and before I existed. How we are loved!

She can relax and know that her unborn child will be God's unique work of art...and design. She needn't worry about whether it will have all of its' fingers and toes.....He has planned it all. She is just His incubator, and the child is safe in His arms even before birth as He's knitting it together....and I love that He doesn't "drop any stitches!"

A young father-to-be?

My mind is blank...as a woman, I dont' know what a father to be would be thinking....my husband never shared His thoughts or concerns with me about our unborn children. I imagine the responsibility for its care and provision would be on his mind...its education and future. Knowing how the Lord is in control would relieve the burden about the future.

Many of us are so beaten down by life that we feel anything but a unique creation. It is so joyful to realize that the God who created all of the Universe in its' majesty, cared about the size of my fingernails and their shape, and that I have gold flecks in my eyes, or that He made certain my fingerprints are unlike anyone elses in the entire world....like His snowflakes are each unique. He did this for each individual, even knowing that only a remnant would want to follow Him and return His love....it is truly overwhelming!!! What great love He has for us!

That God's hand is upon us from the moment of conception, and in fact, His knowledge and plans for us have always existed in Him, are to many of us incomprehensible. 'Such knowledge is too high' for us, we 'cannot attain unto it'. This is as encouraging to me as the facts that the very hairs on my head are numbered by Him, and that not a sparrow falls that God does not know about. If the one who created all that exists can take the time and effort to know me, my thoughts, my words, my actions; this is truly wonderful news! While in the midst of the universe, in my city, even on my block, I may feel insignificant, but God is always there for me, ready to listen to any prayer I may have, whether it be praise, thanksgiving, a request, He is happy just to hear me recite a psalm, to let Him know that my thoughts occasionally turn to Him. Young parents to be should also be encouraged, should feel a sense of great responsibility, to raise their children to be good Christians.

This is so encouraging, but the devil is also out there trying to make a fake of all the good things that God has for His children. satan is also aware of God's involvement in the prenatal development. So as children of God we should really be overwhelmed 'cos on our knees we can now receive the original package not the counterfeit. To the young woman carrying the child, you knoe the will of God for yourself and the baby in you so you pray through and for the dad to be the same. God is faithful and true to His word, He said He will never leave or forsake us. You just keep on claiming all the promises for you and your baby.

• 3 weeks later...

God knew me 2000 years before I was ever formed and placed gently in my mother's womb by the Master's hands. He created the unique cell that gave me all I needed in life as long as he walks with me everyday. As a young woman she can be reassured that God is forming her child just the way he wanted him/her to appear. It overwhelms us because we can't picure a God so big as to create and care for all yet small enough to hold a small infant in his hands.

• 2 weeks later...

I have often been brought close to tears when I read this psalm because my birth was no accident. I was meant to be born and God was there even before I came into being, having prepared my ways for me and recorded in a book my life ahead of me. His tender love, the way He brought this body that is so intricately designed into being and then still being there for me to this day, fills me with great joy and love.

Pregnant women instinctively hold a hand over their stomachs if stress or danger confronts them....they are focussing on their un born child first and foremost and this shows deep love and an expectant joy at their child's imminent birth. A young father to be becomes more goal orientated as to how the child's life will be taken care of and provided for, so he makes sure that he brings in the money and keeps a roof over their heads. He is proud and happy .

We are overwhelmed that God's involvement in our lives is so detailed and so permanent because we often think we are not worth such love.

• 5 months later...

He made me exactly as He wanted. That's how much He loves me. He had it all planned.

When a child is conceived, God has created man and woman to achieve this, but God is the Creator of that seed in the first place.

I think it is overwhelming just to try to grasp the awesomeness and love of God and how much He cares.

• 2 months later...

THIS PRE INVOLVEMENT SHOWS HOW INVOLVED GOD IS IN OUR WHOLE COMING

INTO THIS WORLD, THIS TELLS ME I'M NO MISTAKE, GOD WAS VERY SPECIFIC WHEN HE SAID I'M FEARFULLY

AND WONDERFULLY MADE, HE SPOKE THE WORLD INTO EXISTENCE BUT OUR CREATION WAS HANDS ON.

FOR SOMEONE CARRYING A CHILD THIS SHOULD TELL THEM THAT IT'S NOT SO MUCH

ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY PLAN, BUT THAT GOD HAS A HAND IN ALL CREATION ESPECIALLY US AS HUMANS

A YOUNG FATHER NEEDS TO REALISE THAT EVERY CHILD IS PRECIOUS AND HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN THE HEART OF GOD

HE KNOWS ALL THE MINUTE DETAILS OF ALL OF US INCLUDING AN UNBORN CHILD

THIS CAN BE OVERWHELMING BECAUSE IT TELLS THAT THERE'S SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ALL ABOUT US, EVEN THINGS WE DO NOT

OR HAVE NOT EVEN COME INTO AS YET ABOUT OURSELVES. HE KNOWS THINGS ABOUT US OR THINGS WE WILL DO

BEFORE WE DO. THIS MEANS THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO OR SAY THAT WILL SUPRISE OR THROW GOD IN A FRENZY.

• 4 months later...

God made us by conscious and according to a design.

Therefore, our body is how He wants it to be - with our handicaps and ugly noses.

He also determined our country (and therefore safety, ruling religion, access to food).

He also determined our parents (and therefore social class).

To a young women this means that God is making her baby.

The pregnancy is like He wants it to be.

It isn't allowed to remove the foetus.

She gets the privilege of becoming a mother.

--> Why then do people get children who don't want to take care for them? and why looses a loving mother the baby on the very first day? How can a mother be happy with the pregnancy if she was forced? This is too easy spoken.

The father also has a special privilege.

It encourages me to understand why God made me the way I am. I am the only one, different from everyone else. I believe that when God formed me in my mother wombs He had a special plan for me. That plan was to encourage other to live a victorious life.

When I was pregnant, I can remember asking God to give me a healthy baby. I wasnt serving God at that time, but it is a pleasure to learn of His intricate and loving detailed in forming my children; this gives a mother peace during her prenatal development and its soothes the nerves of the father to be.

It can be overwhelming to us when our children are born with different diseases and disabilities. We ask God "Why me? and God answered back "Why not you?". I gave you this child so love and care for he/she. GOD IS A GREAT GOD!!!!

Patricia

• 2 months later...

Knowing that God is fully aware of a developing child in the womb helps us to realise that the child is already loved by God.

It helps the parents to be to understand how precious that little life is.

It is overwhelming to discover that God knows us in such detail, that we are in his Book of Life. He knows us better than our parents know us and better than we know ourselves.

• 5 months later...

Q3. (139:13-16)

How does an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

A young father-to-be?

It makes me look on in awe at our infinite Creator. It encourages me to know that our Lord is in control. He created the complexity and wonderment of the human body. Similarly, the mother-to-be marvels at the development of the child in her womb. She ponders about many things; perhaps the colour of the eyes and hair, the facial looks, and what natural abilities the child will have. The same again with the father-to-be; he thinks about the intricacies of the developing foetus. It is a miracle, all too much for our finite minds to fathom!

• 1 month later...

How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? This means my being on earth is not an after-thought or an accident. God has a divine destiny for me. There may be setbacks but it will come to pass because He is Lord over my life. I feel encouraged because I know that my life will not be wasted. I may not be a success in the eyes of the world but because God's plans for me are good, I am a winner!

What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? Most young or first time parents are afraid and unsure of the pregnancy, the birth, and the care which is natural. But if they believe that God is involved in the development of their child, they can rest assure that He will watch over the child and take good care of him/her. I had 2 very very difficult pregnancies. Although I did not really enjoy the state I was in, I was never afraid because I knew God's hand was on my children and they will be safe. Today both my children are teenagers and I am grateful for God's hand upon their lives. I pray that they will realise the His Hand is upon them too.

Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us? It is overwhelming to know that we were put together by God. Furthermore we are not put on this earth just for population growth. We all have a divine destiny. Some bigger than others but we all contribute one way or another.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (139:13-16) How does an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

It means that none of us was an accident, even if we were born from a sinful circumstances. God was involved. He is at work even in bad things for our good. He loves every baby. They are born innocent.

What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be?

In the mind of Joseph the spouse of Mary her being pregnant appeared illegitimate. He was told that the child is holy. He accepted the child. We all must accept each child as a gift from God, not as a curse. They aren

• 1 month later...

Q3. (139:13-16) How does an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

There is not one stage of my life that God was not aware of. He put me together in my Mother's womb. What God makes is special and so makes my life valuable.

What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be?

Conception and pregnancy within marriage is a very exciting stage of life. There is so much bonding and high emotions tied up with the whole process of a fetus growing to be a baby and being born. Knowing that God is forming this baby only adds more meaning to it all.

That is God is so involved in life from beginning to end is awe inspiring. How can we be so unaware of His continual working and presence in every detail of our lives.

• 4 months later...

Q3. (139:13-16) How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you? It means that I am desired and have a role to play in His great Plan.

What might this mean to a young woman carrying a child? A young father-to-be? It should be encouraging and make us realize how precious life really is and should be treated with respect.

Why is such knowledge overwhelming to us? How could it not be overwhelming that God, the creator of the universe, "God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see" (Tim. 6,15-16)is interested in me?

• 1 month later...

The encouragement would be that however I find myself it is on purpose: God planned me this way. But the discouragement of that is when what I have is lacking in some areas and other people were planned by Him with so much more useful stuff !

To a pregnant mom this truth is a treasure -- that God has already planned and created the new little one. I didn't know this Psalm -- did not even know Christ -- when I was carrying my children, but I think it would have been an powerful truth to have at that time.

Why is it overwhelming?... I don't think it is any more so than most knowledge of God the Creator. It brings that role down to the personal -- how it applies to each of us and our children and so is doubly, trebly, many-foldly precious. He created the universe, and with such care he also creates each of us. He created even me -- individually!

• 2 months later...

An awareness of God’s involvement in my prenatal development encourages me that as my Creator, the Creator of my body, He knows me from my head to my toe, from inside of me to the outside of me, and has made me unique and special for Him alone.

For a young woman carrying a child she should be honored knowing that God has formed her child and it should be an honor and privilege carrying a baby made by God’s own Hands.

A young father-to-be?

A young father-to-be should be honored that God used Him as a vessel to be used to bring a child into the world.

The creation of life and even the universe is without comprehension when we think and learn about the wonders of how God created them. God is truly great and awesome and it is encouraging to know that He is concerned about the smallest details of our bodies, and anything that He has created

• 1 year later...

It is so encouraging to know that God cares so much about me that His plans for me began before I was even born. He created me with special features and for a special purpose from the day of conception. For the young, pregnant woman, she can be assured that the life inside her is precious and already designed in God's image. The father-to-be can be encouraged to love his wife because the child she is bearing is being prepared to be brought up in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. This knowledge is so overwhelming because it is unfathomable that God cares for us so much that He weaves us together in the womb. We are "fearfully and wonderfully" made.

God's involvement in my prenatal development shows His love and interest in my every cell and in my days to come. This is a beautiful love of our heavenly father for His child. A young woman should delight daily in knowing God is working and planning every moment in her unborn childs life.

A young father should follow this same example of love and interest in his unborn child's life with nurturing and planning for this child's future by seeking God's choices for his child in the days ahead. This knowledge is overwhelming because this interest and love is endless from God. You are planned before you are born and put together where no man can see. We are known before we are formed in the womb.

• 2 years later...

How is an awareness of God's involvement in your prenatal development meant to encourage you?

We regard our formation inside our mother with awe and reverence. I am "distinct and marked out," now as I was from the time of my creation before the foundations of the earth. God knows me from the inside out.

When she holds her firstborn in her arms and counts all the tiny fingers and toes, she feels what the psalmist was feeling. Awe, amazement, wonder at the miracle of conception, formation, and birth.

A young father-to-be?

The same as his wife - Awe, amazement, wonder at the miracle of conception, formation, and birth.

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13 NIV) 

God has made the heavens and the earth by his great power, but also the tiniest parts of a tiny human while still an embryo, a fetus. God's awesome power extends to the smallest detail. As you put it Dr. Ralph - "WOW"!   

• 1 month later...

God has been with us right from the start. he has never left us alone. He is very much aware of us. We are under his care. A young woman might find relief during the hard times of her pregnancy. She might realize that God is taking care of the infant even if something goes wrong. It can be a comfort for her if she loses the baby before it is born. A young father- to - be can actually find some relief in this concept. He can maybe put some of the worry onto God. He can turn to God to handle things for him.