JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Helper of the Fatherless

A Christain has firm duty to do what he can to remedy social injustice.   One cannot solve all the problems in the world.  We have a holy call to do what we can within our limitations.  Our commitment must be steady.   GENERAL BOOTH IS A TERRIFIC EXAMPLE.  In small ways, we too can be part of the solution.   I have many fond memories of ministry on the Bowery here in NYC.

After meditating on Ps 68; Jeremiah 25; Ezekiel 38,  are actions will be eventually automatic.   Not a burden.   It may just be simply interceding for suffering souls.  I may not be able to help in Texas but at least I can intercede for those in such dire need of social assistance.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Helper of the Fatherless
  • 4 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 68:5) Since our God is the Helper of the Fatherless and the Protector of Widows -- that is, the poorest and weakest of society -- what does this say about a Christian's commitment to social justice in our communities?
As believers we are to lead the way in social justice. Rallying behind what is true, right and just for everyone. If we don’t take a stand in what is right how can we expect nonbelievers to do it. Let alone be reborn in Christ. We are to lead by example displaying the word of God. 

How should it affect our actions?

Get out and get involved in the stuff going on in our communities.