JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Submitting to the King

Pastor Ralph

On 2/15/2006 at 7:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God is that He is the final authority in my life. With Yahweh being the King over our lives, we can trust in His judgments and know that whatever He has in store for us is the best. As my Messiah, I know that because of Him, I have salvation.

The advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King is that He always knows what is right for us and our decisions are not better than His. So whatever He deigns for us will always be good and He has given each and every one of us a purpose. Because we have the King of kings on our side, we know that any battles we face have already been one.

Submitting to the King on an everyday basis means learning to allow God to take complete control of everything in our life and letting Him mold us into the promises that He has in store for us.

A person rejects Yahweh from being King over his or her life by not submitting to God and instead following their own paths and desires.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The personal implications are that if you say Jesus is your Savior then you need to submit to Him as Lord and King of your life. Being King means that He has the ultimate authority. He has the absolute power to do  what He wants and we must obey Him if He is our King. He has the power to make decisions and what He says goes and we have no say. 

The advantages is that Jesus being your Savior and King means that you can trust Him to make the best decisions for you. He reigns supreme over anyone or anything., He can do what you cannot do and remove obstacles in your life that you cannot. Because He is absolute and has all power and knows everything. There is nothing or no one who has more power than He does.

For me to submit to Yahweh as King every day means that I admit His way is best. That He alone knows what I need and that I I must learn to go to Him first before doing anything. I must submit my will to His and be obedient to all He tells me to do. 

A person rejects Him when they deny that they are sinners and need forgiveness. When they refuse to admit that they can do nothing to save themselves and tell Him that they do not need Him in their life. When they say that they do not believe in Him or His existence. 

Edited by Lottie
I was not done with my answers.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2006 at 11:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God are that I must submit my will to His as he is in charge.  He rules with absolute power for all time and His word is law.  And I am so very grateful to God for sending Jesus the Messiah to be my saviour.

The advantages of  of being the subject of Yahweh are that all that I have to do is obey the laws of the kingdom, find out what pleases the King and do it,  then He will provide everything that I might have need of.

For me to submit to the King means that I have to daily seek His will and do it.  It means that I have to be in daily communication with Him so that I can find out what His will is for each day.

A person can reject Yahweh from being King over him/her by being self-sufficient and self-reliant, total[y  independent of God, doing his/her own thing, living life to suit him/herself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2006 at 10:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?  What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?  For me accepting Yahweh as my King is basically saying that He is my LORD, my God. Scripture says that He will deliver you from evil, strengthen you when you are weak, provide for you when you are faithful and obedient. It is essentially what worship is all about. You let God lead you in your life. "My plans for you is to prosper you, not harm you." 

Perhaps someone might reject Yahweh if he or she believed that there was another religion that met his spiritual needs better. Sometime when people get married, they convert to the faiths of their spouses.  Sometimes hardships cause people to turn away. Other times, people fall into sin and reject God's commandments, instead choosing to live in sin and without repentance. I think if you can be faithful and trusting of God, there would never be an issue of rejecting Him. 

• 5 months later...

Ephesians 2:10 states that I am God's handiwork.   Because of Jesus Christ being the King of Kings of my life; I can have that blessed assurance that He working all things for my good.  The truth that I am God's workmanship I can have renewed confidence and courage.

The advantages that we have as believers is that we are gifted and empowered by the Holy Spirit  to live a holy and separated life from the world, the flesh and the devil. We are part of the Temple of God whose cornerstone is Jesus Christ. We can truly do mighty things; we don't stumble over the Rock of Ages.

On a daily basis, I acknowledge God as my King as I do my daily chores whether it be cleaning cat litter boxes, tidying up the house or cooking meals.  God has blessed me with chores each day.   Outdoor preaching and Gospel tract distribution--acknowledging God as my King!

By rejecting Yahweh as King, is an act of rebellion.  One cannot be an inner court Christain; he or she cannot know the rest of God as taught in the Epistle of Hebrews. The 'enlarged life' is an enigma for this person due not laying all on the altar.  One has not abandoned one self to God.  Charles Templeton, a great Canadian preacher, rejected the Gospel, and sadly remained alienated from God's graces.  Augustine wrote, "fides quarens intellectum".  I believe in order to understand!

• 1 year later...

Since God is King over my life then that means I am suppose to be subject to his laws and commands. Since I believe that Jesus is truly the messiah then I need to accept him as Lord over my life. Since God is my King that means I will be with him in eternity. That means I can trust in him to take far better care of me then I could take care of myself alone. Submitting to God on a daily basis means doing his will.

A person rejects Yahweh from being King by not accepting him as Lord over their life and not obeying him.

• 1 year later...

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?
When I accepted Yahweh as my King and Jesus as the Messiah, I gave them authority over my life. I am now under God’s rule and apart of His kingdom.

What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? I have access to the Lord All Mighty through prayer for anything that goes on in my life or others that I pray for. I’ve been reborn, no longer my old self and the Holy Spirit resides in me. I’ve been forgiven of my sins through Jesus shedding His blood on the cross. I’m now apart of the body of Christ. 

What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis?  Asking God to lead and guide me and my loved ones through the day. Praying that no harm comes near our dwellings. That His will be done over my life and not my own.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her? Not believing that Yahweh is God and Lord over all.