JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Spring of Living Water

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God? About your thirst? About your future?

Living water is fresh. The bible says God's mercies are new every morning. We do not need to cling on to yesterday's mercies for today or for the future. God has more than enough for us today as He had yesterday and He will continue to deliver us in the future. As long as we thirst, we can approach the spring of living waters, drink from it and be satisfied. We will be like plants - we will grow healthily and bear fruit. Our needs for the future will be met at the right time because the springs are ever flowing.

• 1 year later...

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God? About your thirst? About your future?

God is the source of all my help. However I often think along the lines: If I get that particular guitar, it's gonna be the one that'll put me on the map or make me well known or help advance my career. As if any inanimate object could.

God is the source of my life. Yet I still put too much hope in other people when in the long run they always let me down.

I think we all get impatient with God's sense of timing. We expect prayers to be answered before we've even formed them in our minds. So we tend to forsake God and rely on ourselves and on what we ourselves have made. It's not necessarily idolitary but it is sin in God's eyes when we don't rely on Him. He wants to supply our needs but often we won't let Him do that.

As for my future? This is being typed on January 1st, 2014. I want to rely on God more and on my own resourcefulness less. It's the right thing to do, to work hard at making a living, but at the same time it's prudent to involve God in everything. Unless God is with them, the builders build in vain. I personally find it hard to let go and let God . . .

• 5 years later...

Israel was a land that was watered solely through the rains. In Jeremiah’s day people would carve out cisterns in the sides of the hills to catch and store the running water, so that they could serve as reservoirs in times of dry seasons. If the cistern developed a crack, it could hold no water and all the water collected would be depleted. Then these broken cisterns were used to bury the dead. So what the Lord is telling is that He is the source of refreshment, but if we try to find it in ways other than in Him then it will ultimately bury us.

Jesus used the term “Living Water” to refer to Himself. When we drink of Him we are satisfied. He said that we will not thirst for other waters. If we drink on the water of materialism, pleasure or relationships, we’ll thirst again. They don’t satisfy us. It will always result in needing more money, more party, more friends etc. But in Jesus we’re fulfilled, satisfied. The thing with drinking of Jesus is we will need more of Him, which will result in growing in intimacy with Him. If our thirst is diminished for the Lord, it means we have allowed other things to take priority of our lives. We have not drunk from the Living Water that satisfies us.

Augustine says: “Our hearts are restless until they find its rest in Thee”. We are satisfied in Him. If we are restless, thirsty and unsatisfied we need to drink from the Fountain of Living Water.

• 1 year later...

This means that He will quench my deepest thirst inside for true joy and peace. Only He will provide everything I need and cause streams of living water to flow out of me to others. That only God can quench the desires of my soul and I need to follow Him until I reach my home.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2006 at 1:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for me, speaks of Him fully and completely sustaining me. It speaks of my heart, my life being immersed in His ever flowing river of life.  It also speaks of me being totally whole -  not perfect -  and fully satisfied in Him.  He is my Keeper, my Healer, my Deliverer, my Everything.  'He is my Strength, Strength like no other.'

This tells me that God is awesome. Like Psalm 23 says, "The LORD is my Shepherd ...", He is beautiful for situations.  And He watches over us to take care of us.

God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water completely quenches my thirst and at the same time leaves me panting for more.

I know that once I keep drinking at this Fountain of Living Water my future is secured in Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2006 at 12:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God? About your thirst? About your future?  It is saying that God is the everlasting water that will provide you with life. You will never get thirsty because the Spring of Living Water will always run in abundance.  Thus my future will see no lack but an overflowing abundance because I rely upon Yahweh for all my needs.  I will never forsake my LORD my God, because He will never forsake me. I put all of my faith and trust in God Most High because He protects me, provides for me and fights for me. 

On 3/2/2006 at 12:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

• 6 months later...

To answer this question I have to quote 1 John 3:1.  I have been so blessed beyond words!  I am redeemed,I am a member of the body of Christ, current citizenship in heaven and seated with Christ Jesus at this moment---NOW.   Springs of Living Water are available to me at this second ! The love  of Christ causes me to have the "joy unspeakable and full of glory."  Moment by moment I listen to Christ by meditation on the Holy Bible.  Yes, I can abide in Christ fully as I partake of the Springs of Living Water.

Today I have heard the clarion call to savor more and enter more deeply into my status of being part of " a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people" (1 Peter 2:9).

• 1 year later...

God is the source of all things. God is my source a living source. He is the fountain that I take from. God is my fountain of life that is what it means to me personally. I am to seek after him not my own agenda or man's wisdom.

I need to keep trusting in him to be my source my fountain. It gives me hope for my own future. God has plans for me and it is only through him that they will be accomplished.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q4. Spring of Living Water
  • 5 months later...

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God?
God is my everything, the only one I depend on. He will take care of me and everything that pertains to me. Im never alone, God is always with me.

About your thirst?

I’ll never be thirsty because Gods well never runs dry.

About your future?

Its is safe and secure in Gods hands.