JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Sharers in the Sacrifice

Q4. What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross? How does that affect you? How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

When I realized that I was a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross, I became a lot more serious in

how my mind and heart were in participating and became alot more serious in how the events

came down and that we werer forgiven and that I must walk up and take part in eating and drinking

these elements but that if I were doing this I should keep myself from any participation in any way

of being unworthy by asking God before partaking to bring to mind anything I should confess or fix

before participating. It is not just the pastor up there saying the words it is all of us together saying

and thinking and doing what Jesus asked. Doing and eating and being together to Remember.

the greatest thing God thru Jesus did for mankind.........!!!

Q4. What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross? How does that affect you? How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

i have to say it makes me feel very honored to be able to have the opportunity to be directly connected and able to share in the celebration of Christ's sacrifice for MY SINS. WOW!

• 2 months later...

It's the most exquisite thought to feel at one with my Lord during Holy Communion. To know that He now dwells within me, and that ever since Jesus celebrated the last supper with His disciples on the night before He died; this wonderful thing has been done for centuries. For all manor of peoples, for kings at their crowning, for criminals before the scaffold, for a bride and her groom in a small country church as well as for countless numbers of people week by week, month by month across parishes through many continents.

Priests and people have ''celebrated'' for that is what it is a celebration of a meeting of Christ. We celebrate the gift offered to us, the gift of nothing less than God's self-giving love.

During the Eucharist we hear the good news and experience God's healing, but perhaps most important we meet as a family of God; where there is no division of status or class and each person is of equal and supreme importance.

The body and blood of Christ nourish us so that we are sent forth to take God's faith, hope and love to the people. We are thus prepared for our heavenly banquent for all eternity!

• 1 month later...

This is quite humbling. I feel such a great priviledge to have been included as the priests, to partake in the sin offering. To be constently reminded of what Jesus did for me, for us sinners, is what communion is all about. To be able to come to the LORD's table and commune with him is awe inspiring, and causes Worship at a different level. WE MUST NEVER FORGET WHAT HE DID FOR US.

• 4 months later...

Q4. What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross?

This is so profound. I have never looked upon the Lord's Supper as me being a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross. I've always been taught that the cross is where Christ died for me and that when I participate in the Lord's Supper I am remembering his work for my healing and redemption and look forward to his return. I also understand the great power in it connecting me directly to Christ's sacrifice for my sins. To now consider that I am becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross takes this understanding to a another level.

Holy Spirit, help me to fully understand the sacrifice of the cross and my participation therein.

How does that affect you? How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

Now I can see that coming to the Lord's table unworthily nullifies my participation in the sacrifice of the cross. If there is sin in my heart, at the table, my participation is of no value. I must come to the table with a pure heart.

Hallelujah!!

• 4 months later...

The implications for me personally in becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross is that I am identifying with Jesus Christ and what He did for me by sacrificing Himself on the cross. It helps me to futher identify myself as a follower of Jesus Christ.

In drawing the comparsion between the priest and myself in sharing in the sacrifice, it gives me a deeper appreciation and realization of how sacred the Lord's Supper is to the Christian.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

When I realize that I share in the sacrifice of the cross, my share, my part by the eating of the bread and drinking of the cup, it is overwhelming. It makes my understanding to be clearer and to know the power that is behind it. The closeness I can have with Christ is unending. To tell others what a true and faithful and loving God he is.

• 1 year later...

What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross?

When I take communion, I feel close to the Lord but I really never thought that I was a sharer. By feeling as a sharer, it makes me feel more responsible for my actions.

How does that affect you? Actually, very joyous and wanting to serve Him.

How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper? It makes it feel more personable and also it will bring me even closer to the Lord. I know He sacrifice for all of us, and being a sharer, maybe I can feel His pain when I disappoint myself and others.

• 1 month later...

This keeps me mindful of the tremendous sacrifice Jesus made for me. It also helps me to realize that there is nothing I could do on my own - or with the help of any other person - that pay the price / ransom - or atone for my sins. However, to realize that I can share in what Jesus did for me through my participation in the Lord's Supper, it gives me a greater appreciation of Christ. . .

B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Q4.

What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross?

It makes me ever so grateful for the sacrifices our Lord made for me, and I now look forward to taking part in remembrance of our Saviour.

How does that affect you?

It draws me closer to Jesus.

How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

To think I share in Christ

• 2 months later...

What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross? How does that affect you? How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

The experience of sharing in the Lord's Supper is something that always makes my heart tender....to know that I am a believer, one of His children....and that what He paid was for me...he gave His blood.....that I now drink....His body was broken for me...and I now eat it. It makes me feel in close communion weith Him....that he and I walk side by side through His payment for me.

• 2 years later...

For me personally, I made a decision to pick up my cross and carry it (Matt 16:24; Luke 9:23) as Jesus said.  Therefore, when I experience trials and tribulations, I believe that my suffering (including dying to self) is sharing in the sufferings and sacrifice Jesus endured from the Garden to His death on the Cross.  It is not always easy and at times, I have to remind myself that my experiences are nothing like what He experienced for my redemption. I do not partake of the supper lightly, I take the time to examine myself before I take it; it is something that I take very seriously.              

• 5 months later...

When I approach the Lord's Table I have prayed and repented.  I am at peace with my neighbors.  I know Christ took all of my sins to the cross and died.  I was on the cross.  For a man to love me that much is beyond my thinking. I know he did it.  I cannot fathom it.  Love is a powerful emotion.  I am awed by the Great Mystery each time I take Communion. And most humbled to know the next time Christ will take this meal will be will us in Heaven.  But in the mean time we take it to remember what he did for me because of love.

• 1 year later...

I find a much closer connection to Jesus in my soul. I realize that I have a much more greater challenge to live up to as an individual. I am not only responsible for myself but I am also resposible for my fellow man. I need to let go of myself and take up a cross for others.

I find myself taking on a deeper appreciation for the Lord's Supper. I feel that each time I participate, I am once again renewing my love of Christ and the Father. I am lighting a new fire in my soul to become the best that I can be to show honor to God the Father. I find myself wanting to be more Christ-like. I want to be the beacon to others to follow my light to salvation in the name of Christ.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Q4. What are the implications for you personally, when you realize that in the Lord's Supper you are becoming a sharer in the sacrifice of the cross? How does that affect you? How does it change your understanding of the Lord's Supper?

1. It lets me know that I must obey God in every area of my life. I feel comfort and protection knowing that Jesus died for my sins.

2. I feel a spiritual connection with Jesus. It makes me appreciate him and accept his forgiveness.

3. It lets me know that Jesus had and still do have great love for me. I am a sharer and part taker in communion.