JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q8. Seal and Downpayment

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

When does the "end of the term" occur? This will occur on the day of Jesus return and the rapture of the Church.

The Holy Spirit gives us a little bit of heaven on earth. The Holy Spirit dwells in us, He is our teacher, He leads us. guides us, comforts us, He keeps us until the day of Christ return.

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It will happen on the day of redemption; the day where it is intended to be opened; the day of Jesus Christ's return and the rapture of the church.

2. They helped in understanding how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives allowing us to glimse God and heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

Upon our conversion, the Holy Spirit lives within us. Dwelling within us sanctifying us. With he Holy Spirit in us, we are able to face the world in our Christian walk. He empowers us over sin and temptation, teaches us and matures in the image of Christ. This is like a down payment, ernest money or a guarantee of what is to come. Sealing us is like when we have something sealed,(such as a package, letter, container..etc) meaning that it cannot be tampered with until the rightful owner comes and opens it. When Jesus comes back as King in His glory for His bride (the church). He is coming back to claim us as His own, then we will finally be made complete with new bodies, being rightful heirs, because we are a part of His Spiritual family and we will live eternally with Christ in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...
Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

A Mark has been made that to identify we are belong to the paricular person(Jesus)

Payment is like the Account of our sin is to payed to God Almighty at the end of the World..

The end of the term occurs when Christ returns, the rapture of the church, the day of redemption.

The relation to the analogies and how the Holy Spirit works in our lives....sealed - marked or identified as Christ's until His return, the Holy Spirit is a "deposit" on the promise of Christ's return.

• 2 weeks later...

The end of the term of the complete fulfillment of God's covenant with us is when we who trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ will be in glory with our Lord forever and ever, and, praise the Lord, will be His full payment for His redeeming us from slavery to sin and the world unto Him as our Lord and Savior, and to be present with Him throughout eternity in heavenly glory. The “end of the term” occurs either when the second return of the Lord Jesus Christ occurs or else before that time if we pass this life and the Lord takes us home to be with Him forever. I can hardly wait for this term to end and then I'll be in the glorious residence with my Lord and Savior forever and ever! Amen!

• 2 weeks later...

The end of the term will occure when Isus come again. Holy Spirit let us feel (or see - it is difficult to express what I think on foreigh language) a piece of heavenly reality which expect us in eternity. But more important is that holy Spirit keep us from wandering around and go out of God's way, it keeps us "on track" and helps us to maintain dialog with God - throug Holy Spirit we speak to God and God speaks to us.

These verses contain two analogies (1) seal and (2) down payment with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur. How do these two analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

The end of the term means when we are in heaven with the Lord since heaven is our inheritance.

The Holy Spirit seals us as His and is a down payment for us as a divine pledge of what is going to be ours.

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a fortaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, Born of His Spirit , washed in His blood.

Perfect submission, perfect delight, Visions of rapture now burst on my sight; Angels descending bring from above echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest, I in my Savior am happy and blest; Watching and waiting, looking above, Filled with His goodness, lost in His love."

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

• 1 month later...

the moment we heard the gospel and believed.we are fully adopted as sons and daughters, we are finished from gods point of view. and to help us along the way is his spirit of truth. he will teach us all things and he will remind us of everything god said to us.

• 4 months later...

The end of the term is when we leave this world and claim our inheritance as God's children. This will be at our resurrection when we finally go to live with our Lord for all eternity.

We know that we will be resurrected and live with Him because we are His, bought and paid for by the blood of Christ -- redeemed as it were from our lives of sin. When we accepted His redeeming love and grace, we were give the Holy Spirit to live within our hearts.

Having the Holy Spirit in us translates into our lives and attitudes being more Christ like and as a result marks us out as being God's people.

But, having the Holy Spirit in us also gives us an inner peace and joy that can only be a fraction of the joy and peace of our eternal life with God will be like. This indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the consumation of the promise He gave to us that He would send his spirit to be with us while He is no longer with us physically. It is a part of our inheritance as God's children, the rest of which we will gain when He resurrects us into eternal life with Him.

• 1 month later...

When Jesus comes back and we will take our inheritance will be the end of our term. The Holy Spirit guides us in all truth and helps us discern what is from God and what is not. We are sealed with Gods Spirit so that marks out that we are Gods children and covered by Jesus blood which protects us from harm. Having the Holy Spirit brings ushope and comfort since we know that we will receive our inheritance and that we can look forward to that.

The seal and the downpayment is an analogy based on what Jesus Christ did for me on the Cross. God sealed the deal and purchased me with the love of giving His only begotten Son to save my wretched self. The balance to be paid at the end of

the term is when everything is finally complete and we will leave with our Heavenly Father for eternity. Using analogies like these help us to fully understand what it is all about. The Holy Spirit convicts us in everyday living to hold our side of the deal as honest and legitimate as we should be. When we accept Jesus Christ into our hearts we have entered a transaction that is sealed with His love and we are to honor that transaction with the right attitude every moment of our life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) down payment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

The end of the term is when Christ returns and calls us to Himself and takes us to be with Him in eternity. We have been marked, to be identified with Christ. This mark should be evident in our lives, through the work of the Holy Spirit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Eph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Eph 1:14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God

End of term is when Christ returns

Both these analogies help to understand how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives.

1. Seal - mark of ownership and authority

shows who our master is

internal rather than external

God is in our heart

2. Downpayment - as wotj deposit for a house or hire-purchase

- more than guarantee of payment - it is the 1st instalment of the purchase price

- God has given us - not just promise of the final inheritance but a foretaste of it

• 1 month later...

I think that every thing said here must be taken personally, for me. Lord increese my Faith, Love and Hope in you.

"The end of the term" occurs when we die. God has put his seal on us...the Holy Spirit which I have received in Baptism.

I am marked with this seal as a means of identification, I belong to God. The downpayment is a guarantee, a pledge that he will do this for me. :D

:D

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) down payment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

When Jesus went to the cross He made the down payment on me with His blood. Then the Holy Spirit sealed it.We are sealed by his Holy spirit and He is our downpayment for a future with Christ through eternity but He is also our inheritance even now as Christ is our inheritance.

I am His property sealed and delivered by the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit guarantees that we belong to Him and that He will do exactly as He promised.

The rest of our lives is our annual payment towards His saving grace. The end of the term will be when Jesus returns and raptures us out of this world.

• 2 months later...

God's wonderful gift of salvation is sure, true and completely dependable. He has chosen, redeemed and has sealed us in with Him. The seal is a seal which cannot be broken or removed, sealed by the Holy Spirit Who's mark is on us until the day when all things will come together under Christ. On that day we shall be fully saved, not that our salvation today is unsafe, but until we are brought into the presence of God out of the sinful flesh our salvation hsa not been consumated. What a wonderful wonderful thought, that God has predestined us, chosen us, freely given us forgiveness of sins, through the blood of Jesus. Washed us and redeemed us, He has also given us His Holy Spirit here on earth to live in our earthly bodies that we can be kept, sealed in a steadfast covenant. Thank you Lord for Your grace mercy and love.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the end of the term is when Jesus comes to reign again on this earth. When I am sealed by the Holy Spirit, it means I am kept as in possession for my final payment at the end of the term. The Holy Spirit keeps me in tune with the Father and helps me to more fully understand the Word. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit's presence in my life as if I had a huge downpayment on the most extravagant gift imaginable...to be fully heirs with Christ in heaven and on the new earth. B)

• 2 months later...

When we believed and accepted the finished work of Christ on the cross and have made Jesus or Lord and Savior: We were sealed with God's seal. Meaning that we are now his possession, purchased and redeemed by the blood of Chirst. We are a purchased possession. Meaning that the Cost of our lives, our souls was the life and blood of Christ Jesus by God himself. He crucified his son "To buy us back" from being lost, without hope. Your question "End of Term" is not written in my King James. I have until "the redemption of the purchased possession unto the praise of his glory". If that is what your trying to address than: We dont know the day, hour, minute, year, month or week when we will all be redeemed. God alone has that answer. With that said: There is no worry nor condemnation in Christ. We are made "Holy" by the covering of the blood of Jesus over our lives and our eternal souls. If this is not the passage that you want me to respond to, please clairify. Thank you. James.

• 2 months later...

Seal mean in ancient world four purposes (1) The Holy Spirit is like a notary public today uses his or her seal to guarantee the genuineness of a signature. (2) A seal was used to mark ownership ,as the Holy Spirit comes into our lives and lives in us ,he marks us as belonging to Christ. (3) A seal was used to protect against tampering or harm as we do today by putting locks on boxes. ity is what the Holy Spirit does. to us.(4) A seal was used to indicate the transaction was completed as we do today when we put our signature on a document.

The Holy Spirit is the earnest money or down payment that guarantees the full payment of our inheritance in the future. the analogies help explain how the holy spirit functions in our lives? the Holy Spirit is the spirit of adoption sonship through this phase of the spirit in the life of a believer is the first payment or first measure of the spirit and of our inheritance untilthe fulness of the spirit is received andthe fulness of redemption is complete. And the end of the term occur,to me a symbol of the eternal fellowship we will have with God and with the children of God through all eternity.

Seal mean in ancient world four purposes (1) The Holy Spirit is like a notary public today uses his or her seal to guarantee the genuineness of a signature. (2) A seal was used to mark ownership ,as the Holy Spirit comes into our lives and lives in us ,he marks us as belonging to Christ. (3) A seal was used to protect against tampering or harm as we do today by putting locks on boxes. ity is what the Holy Spirit does. to us.(4) A seal was used to indicate the transaction was completed as we do today when we put our signature on a document.

The Holy Spirit is the earnest money or down payment that guarantees the full payment of our inheritance in the future. the analogies help explain how the holy spirit functions in our lives? the Holy Spirit is the spirit of adoption sonship through this phase of the spirit in the life of a believer is the first payment or first measure of the spirit and of our inheritance untilthe fulness of the spirit is received andthe fulness of redemption is complete. And the end of the term occur,to me a symbol of the eternal fellowship we will have with God and with the children of God through all eternity.