JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Miracles and Faith

Q4. (Hebrews 2:3b-4) In what way has the truth of salvation been confirmed to you? Would signs and wonders help or hinder establishing the truth of Christ's ministry today? From which portion of the Bible have you formed your opinion of the value of signs and wonders today?

Salvation has been confirmed to me by the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Christ. Couple that with the truth of the miracle of life we see all around us and the truth of salvation seems abundantly clear. 

I believe that signs and wonders are present today. It is not so much a hindrance today as it is a battle against the secular world. Much like the people to whom the book of Hebrews was written, once they realize the value of salvation it will be treasured. 

Trying to pick one section of the Bible is impossible. Every time I read the Bible new signs and wonders are shown to me.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Hebrews 2:3b-4) In what way has the truth of salvation been confirmed to you? Would signs and wonders help or hinder establishing the truth of Christ's ministry today? From which portion of the Bible have you formed your opinion of the value of signs and wonders today?'

It has been confirmed to me through Him daily drawing me closer to Him through His Word and also teaching me more about Himself and His ministry as I prepared myself for full time ministry as well that would be like His. I believe that they could help but it depends on the person as well because some people are skeptics. I formed my opinion from the whole of Scripture.

• 4 months later...
On 4/14/2007 at 4:47 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Hebrews 2:3b-4) In what way has the truth of salvation been confirmed to you? Would signs and wonders help or hinder establishing the truth of Christ's ministry today? From which portion of the Bible have you formed your opinion of the value of signs and wonders today?

The voice of the Holy Spirit. God's word in the Bible made known to me by the Holy Spirit. Answered prayer. Signs and wonders.

Depends on the heart of the seeker. Those who look only for a sign frequently aren't helped into faith by them (Pharisees), others see a miracle and have immediate faith in Jesus. Especially if they have been under overt supernatural spiritual oppression.

All of it. God intervenes as He sees fit, into the affairs of men from start to finish.

• 5 months later...

I was fortunate to have had a powerful conversion experience, Christ extemely real in that experience. Exposed to the gifts of Holy Spirit through a study of Acts in small group,& beginning with tongues & prophecy to experience the "gifts" later began to,see healing & after Wimber conferences also Deliverance et & manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Todays world need a supernatural Gospel to deal with other religions & scientific worldview. We see this through things like the ALPHA course & Healing Rooms & Healing on the streets. Also increased accuracy of prophetic ministry. 

Gospels & Acts are key books of the Bible for this.

• 1 year later...

In what way has the truth of salvation been confirmed to you? Would signs and wonders help or hinder establishing the truth of Christ's ministry today? From which portion of the Bible have you formed your opinion of the value of signs and wonders today?

"...For the message spoken by angels is binding, and every violation and disobedience receives its just punishment.  We shall not escape if we ignore our only salvation?

This new testament gospels document the supernatural miracles of Jesus; they prove He is God, and Son of God, spoken by the Father when Jesus was baptized. These all encourage me to repent again, and again, and especially NOW, while I still have breath