JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Nature of Faith

On 4/18/2007 at 5:19 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. Using Hebrews 11:1-3 as your source, how would you put in your own words what faith is and does?

Assurance of God's creation, his provision of salvation through Jesus, closeness to God in this life.

Faith allows me see the reality of these things, and to participate in them. Life with Jesus now and with Him in heaven forever.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith enables me to trust that something I am hoping for from God will actually happen. It is an inner assurance that I already have something that at the moment is invisible but in due time will be made visible. It's an ongoing trust over a period of time & doesn't give up or waiver in the face of adverse circumstances , but continues to trust that it will be made visible because it is based on the rhema word of God , that has come alive to me , because the Holy Spirit has breathed upon it.

• 1 year later...

Using Hebrews 11:1-3 as your source, how would you put in your own words what faith is and does?

Faith requires trusting God's word, especially about receiving the grace of faith in Christ. Things we see re earthly and will fail eventually. Faith in the unseen is for things eternal, through the love of God.