JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Nature of Faith

Faith in God and all of the things He has done and will do for us, His children, is what we believe as Christians and put our trust in Him as we believe, even though we often cannot see the end results of His promises, in what He has done and will do for us and in the world. Faith does it all for us who put our faith (or trust) in our living Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, and our faith in Him and His Word to us will be totally fulfilled someday for us in heavenly glory when we

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you put in your own words what faith is and does?

Faith is something that i cannot see but i know it is there like His glory fills me each day,his Holy Spirit guides me in all that i do.When i pray to Him i know that He is listening to me cause He can have me feel that he is comforting me or a petition that im making is like a no feeling but He reveals his answers through others or through the Word of God.Faith has us believe that the spirtual is possible when we feel it is not possible to do so or we can think somethin and it comes to be because God heard us.

• 3 months later...
Q1. Using Hebrews 11:1-3 as your source, how would you put in your own words what faith is and does?

"What is and does"; To me faith is the exhortations based on the preceeding expositions of the Old Testament passages; in verse (2) to me, it is talking about "ancients" Christians that has come along before our time that believed in God and His praomise; in verse (3)in my faith, I understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what is visible.

• 2 months later...

Q1. Using Hebrews 11:1-3 as your source, how would you put in your own words what faith is and does?

When our hope in God and His promises has real substance to it, that is, when we are absolutely confident and assured of theses unseen realities-then we actually have more than hope-we have faith!

Another way to put it is this- when we have a deep conviction of unseen realities, as though we had solid evidence to prove them-then we have faith!

People who in the past had faith like this (in God and His word) knew the approval of God (and still do)

An example of this kind of faith in

• 3 months later...

Faith to me is believing and trusting God without any traceable and tangible sources to rely on. Faith helps or allows me to face challenging circumstances that I may or will face during my daily walk in the Lord. Faith also empowers me to endure these challenging moments. Faith gives me hope in knowing that God will open doors that need to be open in my life or closed in my life. Faith allows me to trust God no matter how devastating the problem I'll face may be.

• 1 month later...

Faith is the gift from God which gives us the ability to see into the unseen spiritual realm where He exists and to lay hold of the things He promises,and to believe that they are ours, before we actually see them with our physical eyes. Faith lifts us above the natural into the supernatural....where His Word is our reality, rather than our circumstances.

• 1 month later...

Faith is believing God and His Word.

• 6 months later...

Faith is believing without doubting that Jesus is Lord sent by God to free sinners and reunite us as children of the holy kingdom of God.

Faith gives us the assurance in the promises of God to all who believe and obey Him.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The thing that amazes me is that it is all about HIM and NOT about ME.

OUR FAITH IS A GIFT to us from GOD ... it is not something we can work up it is a GIFT of the Holy Spirit. Do we need more Faith? We certainly do - Then at every opportunity we must ask God for it James Ch 1. Even our faith in God is a gift. Amazing.

So - through the faith that God gives us - we are certain ... we are sure of what we hope for but do not see.

We know it is certain because God has put it into our hearts through His Holy Spirit.

Hallelujah. -- what a witness. God does it and then witnesses to our hearts that HE did it. Praise His name.

This means we must come in complete humility and thank HIM for ALL he has done and is doing ..

• 1 month later...

All that we hope for is real to us, and this is achieved by faith. This is what faith does, it treats things that are hoped for as reality. Faith is believing in what is not seen or heard, and waiting patiently for it to come.

• 7 months later...

Faith is exercising confidence in the things God has spoken / promised and being so sure of what He has said that we not only expect it to eventually come to pass - we believe that it is already done - this being evidenced by our actions and lifestyle in that we live as though we already possess it. . . Romans 4:16-21 (NKJV)

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed--God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."

19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb.

20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,

21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.

B)

• 5 months later...

Answer:

Faith is an, assurance, a positive confirmation, of something that we put our mind to.Faith is a conviction of the truthfulness,of reality that something hope for will happen,irregardless whether we perceived it with our five senses.In other words,Faith is complete TRUST.

Faith does give us inspiration,and patience to wait for the result of things we hope for knowing that it would certainly come..Faith=believe + trust.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1) Faith is the confident assurance of something that we want is going to happen. We believe God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says even though we don't see it.

• 2 months later...

To me, faith is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. The faith by which we understand that God created the world is faith in the divinely inspired revelation found in God himself, in our belief that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Faith is the being confident and sure of what cannot or is not seen; will happen. That the desires of one’s heart that is within the will of God (are in the spiritual realm) and will eventually manifest in the natural. Being able to visualize and believing beyond a doubt that the eternal heavenly promises and rewards of God are factual and do exist. Faith gives hope for something much better than that which already exists. Faith is being able to trust God.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Faith is living in the spiritual realm as opposed to the physical. It is an assurance of the unseen spiritual facts, an agreement of our spirit with what the Holy Spirit is speaking to us. It is a determined knowing rather than a hoping. What faith does...it is the foundation that keeps me grounded, continuing in the faith and able to take another step. It gives me a settled peace amidst the worldly chaos. When the humanness in me allows me to waver or start to get tossed in the waves, faith acts as an anchor and re-stabilizes me, revives my spirit and puts me back on solid ground.

• 10 months later...

Using Hebrews 11:1-3 faith is the trust, confidence and reliance on God for the promises and hope of eternal life with the Lord. It is the assurance and confirmation of the things I hope for, the proof of things I do not see but the conviction of their reality. 

• 2 years later...

Faith is the belief of something. In the beginning was God. God did not believe He was. He IS. God Is.  I believe that He is.  I have faith, belief in Him who Is. He said it, He showed it, I see it in everything.  I feel him in spirit, in my mind, my body, my soul.  The reason people do not believe is lack of knowledge or lack of confidence or uncertainty, in themselves,...for many reasons but mostly is because they have not being taught from childhood.  Every culture on this earth passes down from generation to generation, a faith, a belief, a way of life.  Whether they understand it physically or not, they believe because it was instilled in them by parents or traditions. Then we have those who are so full of themselves,  the "me me", it's all about "me" , we refuse to see anything else.  But I guess that is a faith in it self? So faith is a belief in something.  Even a person who does not believe in God,  has faith? He believes that there is no God?  faith?

• 2 years later...

With faith you have a genuine guarantee that the Lord will answer your prayers, and also that whatever the Lord promises to us the Lord will do and not fail to do. For everything He promises to do He will accomplishes in His own time. He is the Creator of both Universe and the Creatures that live on the earth. He also is the Lamb of God. For it is by faith that we believe in God not by works.