JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 121

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

There is so much bad going on, forces of evil that can affect us at any time during the day or night. This Psalm assures us He is there 24/7 to protect us form the evil going on. He does this from those who obey Him, who love Him, those who believe and have faith in Him. Psalm 121 gives us a feeling of peace, found only in God in this fallen world

Psalm 121 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This psalmist accurately translates an assurance that whatever befalls me/us, it happens under His (God's) ever watchful eye. Nothing, repeat NO THING, can cause me harm because nothing can separate His (God's) love from me. With this knowledge firmly settled in my heart, in my soul, in my spirit there should be calm in the midst of all life's circumstances. What a gift faith is, isn't it?

• 3 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel

It is what I need, all the time, a huge reassurance that I am safe and someone in this big wide world loves me and cares for me all the time. It makes me feel, safe of course, because God will always have everything in control, even when I feel like things are out of control. This is another reason I love you Jesus! Hallelujah!

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=675

Psa 121:1-8 GNB

(1) I look to the mountains; where will my help come from?

(2) My help will come from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

(3) He will not let you fall; your protector is always awake.

(4) The protector of Israel never dozes or sleeps.

(5) The LORD will guard you; he is by your side to protect you.

(6) The sun will not hurt you during the day, nor the moon during the night.

(7) The LORD will protect you from all danger; he will keep you safe.

(8) He will protect you as you come and go now and forever.

This is the most amazing reassurance that God loves and watches over me, this blows my mind completely that God loves me enough to do this.

This Psalm makes me feel good inside, it is reassuring knowing that God is there, with His angels looking out for me. Wow man. Thank You father

In this psalm it let me know where my help come from and he made the heaven and the earth and that he would let my feet slip this mean that he is contiuning watching over us.That he will guide my coming out going in.He will protect us from all evil.

This psalm let know that God is always there and that he will never let us go throught without his protection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A3. (Psalm 121)

Lesson 6

God makes me safe and corrects me..keeping me safe even from my heart wandering into evil.

It makes me feel like I am reading something good.

• 2 weeks later...

I am comforted to know that He never forgets me and always cares for me. He protects me as if I were the only person on Earth. How awesome it is to know that God will "keep me from all harm." Psalm 121 makes me feel like the most important person, which is true of each of us in God's eyes. He is vigilant to protect us and look upon us with favor.

• 6 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you?

It's what I longed for all the years that I was neglected and abused! I felt abandoned, alone, without resources or protection. When I finally ran into His arms, I found my home, my refuge, my protector. He is my provider and champion. I am at rest and at peace. I trust Him. I no longer feel vulnerable nor alone, because He is always with me. At night if I'm awake, I'm aware that He is never asleep or unaware of me or what I am going through. I feel complete in Him.

How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

I love that He has obligated Himself to keep and protect me. I feel stable and at ease, no longer looking behind me nor fearful of what is coming. I know that He loves me and rejoices over me with singing.....I feel blessed and full of gratitude. I feel amazed that I am one of His children, when so many have no desire to be His. I don't understand why so many have no desire to know Him, when He is the perfect Father, the most trusted Savior, the only Holy Spirit...who loves each one! I rejoice in Him! I delight in Him!

• 4 months later...

Psalm 121 assures me that God is my help. over the years, i have been declaring this psalm as a prayer of complete trust in God. In any circumstance, i know and i am assured that my help comes from my God alone. i am not discouraged by difficulties of life because i am assured through the beautiful verses of Psalm 121 that my God watches over me. The Maker of heaven and earth never slumbers or sleeps and sees that my feet do not slip. Nothing can harm me because my God who watches over me is at my right hand.

This psalm has given me a great confidence that God is my help. i can run into His presence and pour my cares to Him and when i worship my God i feel He is there for me. i feel the strong love of my heavenly Father for me and am filled with joy that i am His child. He cares much for me and He is there besides me as my help, my deliverer, my protector , my strength and my shield. My God fights all my battles and i only need to be still and Know that He is my God who is with me all the time.

Psalm 121 is a great inspiration in times of need. It reassures the love of God .. It is a reminder of God's promise of love to His people.

When we have no help coming I can be assured and say My help is in the name of the Lord,my Maker and Maker of Heaven and earth.

When i about to slip and fall,I assure myself saying ..God will not allow my foot to slip!

When I am anxious and worried,I assure myself saying..God is watching me..He is watching over every detail of my life. Though I may sleep He will not sleep but watch me all through the night or dark hours of my life,

Yes when the heat is scorching all around me,the good Lord will be like a shade of his presence over me.

In times of danger, he will keep me safe.

My coming and going is also noticed by him

Nothing shall harm me.

This is psalm of Gods assurance of love,protection,blessing for us.

Psalm 121 fills me with great strength and courage to move in my daily life. However life may seem to be I am comforted to know that my good God is intrested in me and every detail of my life. He watches over me and I can be assured that He is in perfect contro of everything.

Praise God.

• 2 years later...

I think that reading the psalms gives me assurance that God keeps his eyes on me and watches over me. There have been so many things that I have done that would have probably killed me if it hadn’t been for God watching after me. So of course Psalm 121 make me feel more secure.

• 11 months later...

He will rescue us (v14)

He will answer us when we call on him (v15)

He will deliver us and honor us when we go through times of trouble (v15)

He will satisfy us with a long life (v16)

• 1 month later...

It is a great assurance that I know that God is watching over me in every way, there is such comfort especially when life gets difficult.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

• 4 months later...

It is unbelievable to think that God cares about every detail of my life. Everything I experience is of great concern to God.  Do I experience trails and hardships, of course. But no matter what happens in my life God is there and I must turn to him and serve Him in all of lifes experiences. We tend to measure everything according to this life on earth but verse 8 of psalm 121 says the God watches over our coming and going both now and FOREVER MORE. God has the entire eternity in mind for us.  

• 1 year later...
On August 18, 2007 at 2:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Leaning on the everlasting arms of God.  I have always felt that God is watching over me, especially those times driving on the freeways during high traffic hours.  But the song and the verses remind me and gives me a picture of myself with Jesus' arm around me.

• 9 months later...

Great reassurance when things don't go my way or when I am dealing with an addiction like shopping or compulsive overeating. It helps me to see that I am cared about and loved by God and I was never abandoned even in my darkest hour. It makes me feel like rejoicing and singing to God about His goodness. 

I know that God will always be on guard watching over me even when I am asleep. I can be assured that He knows where I am at all times. He knows what is going to happen before it does. He knows what the day holds in store for me. I know that God does not miss a thing because He does not need to rest or sleep. He is on guard and watching all the time. This assures me that He loves and cares for me and He is my defense. He is my greatest protector and defender and If I really believe that He watches over me; then I need not fear. I just have to believe it in my heart and follow where He leads. God is in control and He sees everything. He will protect me from all harm. Whatever comes into my life has to go through Him first; for He knows what is best for me; even more than I do. Now if I really and truly believe this then I can live my life fearlessly and boldly knowing God is watching over me. 

Psalm 121 makes me feel that God cares enough about me to watch over everything that happens. It makes me feel that even though I feel others have deserted me He has not. It shows me how much He treasures me and tells me that I can depend on Him. I feel secure in His love and care.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The Hebrew word “shamar” means having a hedge around to guard, protect, preserve, attend etc. Protection in this fallen lives is so important and God promises to be a wall of protection around our individual lives. Because He keeps me and watches over me, I have the ultimate protection. It helps me to navigate this dangerous world with the confidence that my God keeps me and watches over me.

Sometimes my problem seems so big. But that’s because my perspective is all wrong. If we focus on the problem, our perspective is all anchored on it and it is a mountain before us. Then our focus is shifted from the problem solver to the problem at hand. But I need to magnify the Lord rather than the problem. I like the way this psalm opens up. I will lift “up” my eyes. I will lift it up to the Lord for my help comes from Him. Not only He is able to help us, but also He keeps us. We can rest in His keeping power over our lives, for I have no ability to keep myself.

• 4 years later...

Q3. (Psalm 121). What reassurance is it to you that God keeps you and watches over you? 

That I don’t have to worry or fear yesterday, today or tomorrow, but face life with confidence that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Amen. Hallelujah 

How does Psalm 121 make you feel?

Alive and rejuvenated to pursue life fearlessly. 

• 1 month later...

The promises in this psalm are for now. They do not refer to protection in the next life for we will not need to be watched, kept and preserved in heaven where there will be no danger or pain. We only need His help here. During our lives. 

Again, this psalm does not state that God will watch over us after we die, but says God is keeping and watching over us as we live on earth: "He will watch over your LIFE ... your coming and going, both NOW and forevermore."

This psalm is practical. It doesn't state an abstraction such as promising to not let us be separated from the love of God, but promises practical, this-worldly protection from the sun harming us, things that threaten our lives, and people who harm us as we work, worship and travel. He promises to not let our feet slip, to shade us from the sun, to watch over us while we sleep ... to be our help.