JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Sorrow, because when I meditate on how much Jesus suffered for my sake, I am overwhelmed at the price He paid to save me.

Joy, because I am free from sin, God has opened my eyes to the truth, and brought me into a relationship with Him, I can enjoy His love, favour and blessings

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" (Matthew 26:28) fill us with sorrow? Why should they fill us with joy?

With sorrow because Jesus was crucified for what I did. With joy because I am accepting His blood as forgiveness and by grace through faith accepting entrance to heaven to be with Him when I die.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me sing you a song that answers these questions:

What can wash away my sins?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus

What can make me whole again?

Oh, how precious is the flow

That makes me white as snow

No other fount I know

• 8 months later...

This statement should fill us with sorrow because we know that Christ had to suffer and die because of our sins. His blood was poured out on behalf of all men. The rejoicing comes because had he not done this, we would have never been redeemed and could have never been reconciled to God. Praise God for His love and mercy!

• 1 month later...

Q5. Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" fill us with sorrow?

Jesus was sinless, yet he went to the Cross, was made sin, and then He died for me so my sins would be forgiven.

Why should they fill us with joy?

Because of the sacrifice that He made for me, I will one day stand in His presence. Without His sacrifice I would be lost. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

"This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" fills us with sorrow because of what our Savior had to endure for our redemption. He who knew no sin became sin for us and poured out his blood to wash our sins away. For a sinless God/Man to be covered with the sins of mankind must have been more horrible than we can imagine.

We are filled with joy because we are redeemed, cleansed by the precious blood of the Lamb. We are seated in the Heavenlies with Him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There must be a hundred reasons at least why these words about the covenant in blood should fill us with sorrow and joy.

Sorrow comes from our need for repentance and to be forgiven, the state of our carnal nature having lost its righteous clothing (Adam and Eve worried about their nakedness), the distance we have come from God, the blindness of people who will not see who He is, the horrendous price of our redemption, the fact that we could do nothing of ourselves to reconcile with God, the separation of man from God, the suffering of Jesus.

Joy comes from such things as the greatness of our redemption, the wonder of a God who loves us so much that He could give His only Son to die in our place for our sins, (for we indeed deserved death), the miracles of healing, the great joy of knowing God again (after the fall), the astonishment of His statement "these and greater things will you do...), the miracle of representing God on this earth, the miracles of going into all the world and seeing Him bring His people home, the miracle of changed lives, lives with hope in place of despair, expectation instead of grief. There is no end to the reasons we have for joy.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

HIS BLOOD WAS POURED OUT FOR FORGIVENESS OF ALL MY SINS; THUS I'M ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. HOWEVER HE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE SUCH A CRUEL DEATH ON THE CROSS. HE WAS THE SINLESS LAMB WHOSE LIFE WAS CUT SHORT FOR US. I'VE CRIED MANY TIMES WHEN I REALISED HOW HORRIBLE THE SUFFERINGS AND BEATINGS WERE THAT HE ENDURED.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I'M JOYFUL BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID BECAUSE IT MAKES IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME TO STAND BEFORE HIM WITH ALL SINS FORGIVEN AND WASHED AWAY BY HIS BLOOD. I CAN STAND BEFORE GOD IN THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF JESUS, FOR I HAVE NONE OF MY OWN. JESUS CHRIST TRULY IS THE ANSWER TO THE SIN PROBLEM IN THIS WORLD.....GOD BLESS.......

• 2 months later...

Q5. Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" (Matthew 26:28) fill us with sorrow? Why should they fill us with joy?

They should fill me with sorrow because it was my sin that made it necessary and it should fill me with joy because it also brings me forgiveness and eternal life.

• 3 weeks later...

It should fill us with sorrow because it was our sin that Jesus died for. :(

It should fill us with joy because we have now been set free and forgiven. :P PRAISE THE LORD THANK YOU JESUS, YOU LOVE US SO MUCH. :wub: ( AMEN )

Because under this new covenant Jesus would die in order to take the place of sinners. His blood would remove the sins of all who put their faith in Him.

Jesus' sacrifice will never have to be repeated - it will be good for all eternity. He sufferd for our sake, bearing our sins to make us acceptable to God.

• 2 months later...

This is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins fills us with sorrow because they cause us to realize what a terrible price Jesus Christ had to pay for our forgiveness.

At the same time they fill us with joy because we now can be forgiven of our sins and it shows how very much he loved us. Now we will be able to spend eternity with him! Praise the Lord!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I think of what Our Lord Jesus Christ did for me, as sinner on the Cross I feel sorrow , because it was my sin that made Him to be nailed for me .

I feel joy because His death has made us acceptable in God's eyes . We can now come directly to God through faith.

• 5 months later...

Q3. Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" (Matthew 26:28) fill us with sorrow? Why should they fill us with joy?

It should fill us with sorrow because though Jesus' blood was poured out for many, there are still many who have neglected to take part in this covenant. Those who have accepted the new blood covenant should be filled with joy because we have been included and is set free having received forgiveness of sins.

• 1 month later...
:lol: This verse "This is my blood of the covenant, which is pored out for many for the forgivness of sin" means alot to me. I am sad to think I caused Christ so much pain & humulation but thrilled to think I was that precious He died for me!!

Q3. Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" (Matthew 26:28) fill us with sorrow? Why should they fill us with joy?

It should fill us with Joy :D because what a total act of perfect love and he sacrificed for us all . Jesus is LOVE

• 5 months later...

It should fill with us sorrow that God Amighty in the person of Jesus Christ went to the cross and poured out His blood for the forgiveness of our sins. Jesus Christ who knew no sin became sin and took the full force of God's wrath and punishment for sin on our behalf.

It should fill us with joy to know that upon accepting what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross and repenting of sin, a person can be saved from death, eternal damnation and have eternal life and fellowship God Almighty in Heaven.

• 4 months later...

We feel sorrow because we have Jesus, a man/god, without sin suffering a horrific death to cleanse manking of its sins. We feel joy because we know that Jesus shed His blood for us because he so loved us, sinful as we are, that he was willing to lay down His life for us to forgive us of all our sins.

Medj

• 4 weeks later...

"my blood of the covenant, which is poured out", it wasn't poured out at once, but it was from dawn starting by the flogging, the crown twisting with thorns ... keeping on even after the death by the side pieced at about 3h in the afternoon, when water also came out, sign that there's no more sufficient blood. All this mixed with the treason (from his own apostle), denied by the some others specially Peter, disappointed by his disciples, rejected by his people(the Jewish), counted among the wicked...He was (also) full man with all human emotions (i cannot imagine Him looking at her mother experiencing all this :( )... who can drink such a cup... ? I'm so regretful, my sins cause all this!

But when i understand how He prayed three times in the the Mount of Olives, He knew it should that horrible, but wanted first the Father's will:my(our) salvation!... OH OH dear Jesus! i cry and will always cry: "sweet redeeming crucifixion! which gives me joy for the everlasting life! :):D "

• 1 year later...

Q3. (Matthew 26:28) Why should the words, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins" fill us with sorrow?

Sorrow does fill my soul as I recall the suffering God

• 10 months later...

The sorrow is that He suffered THAT MUCH because of my sin. It was my sin (our sin) that crucified Him.

The joy is that He loved SO MUCH that He would do this, opening the door so we could enter His Kingdom and be with Him here on earth and in eternity. Whenever I consider the Lord's sacrifice, it strikes me how powerful LOVE is. He did it because of love, and love kept Him on the cross: His love for us, but even more, His love for the Father, which meant that He trusted the Father, so He could lay down His life. He trusted the Father's love, He loved the Father and obeyed EVERYTHING that the Father asked of Him. Amen.