JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

I loved these questions. sorry this is my first posting here, I have been doing the study. (but never post) I guess i am too shy),,lol

well here goes, I believe that God calls all of us priests , (christians). because we ccn go directly to him, and don't need to go to a priests ourselves, like many years ago. All we need to do it talk and have a very close relationship with him.

and as of reigning with God now or later? I believe that we will be reigning with God both times. Now and after when we go up to be with him in heaven.

Thank you

Julie

:rolleyes: We are rulers along with Christ bot just as He has no rule on earth at the present time neither do we. The verse says we shall reign on earth and as all Scriptures it is to be believed.

What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"?

TO JULIE,

from Julie's answer:I believe that God calls all of us priests , (christians). because we ccn go directly to him, and don't need to go to a priests ourselves, like many years ago. All we need to do it talk and have a very close relationship with him.

I think this may answer todays question, but mainly are thoughts gathered passing through life.

CELEBRATION

Every year we celebrate the birth of our Jesus the Savior and it is right that we should. Every year at Easter time we celebrate His death burial and resurrection, again the right thing to do, but when are we going to start celebrating that third important date with the same amount of enthusiasm? The day His kingdom came.

Do you remember, we were in the temple praying and worshipping when something never before seen or heard happened?

Acts 2:1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tonguesA as the Spirit enabled them

Yes, that is when it happened and when we who later were to call ourselves Christians left that place we knew we never would be the same again. It was what Jesus had been teaching from the beginning, but none of us had really grasped it. It was the beginning of our living our lives for someone other then ourselves and when it was over a lot of us would die the same kind of death as our Savior.

The truth of this is something He told us shortly before He finished the work the Father had sent Him to do.

Mark 9:1And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

Also you may recall the three years He spent with us as man He related many parables to us about "The Kingdom of God" or "The Kingdom of Heaven" and in the prayer He taught us to pray, one of the pleas was, "Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Is it possible he allowed the tragic events of 9/11/01 to happen to shake us up? Don't you believe He may be thinking, " Two thousand years already, and what are you doing to make it happen, are you with me or against me?

So if there is a moral to this, all those who are waiting for that kingdom to come and rather hoping it doesn't come on our shift, beware, don't let it pass us by.

Bernard Baker

:wub: Will we be priests and reign here on earth or have to wait till we get to heaven? Good Question. Jesus' redeeming work on the cross made it possible for us to go directly to the Father. Previously, only the Priests could go into the inner chanber of the Temple. And even he had a rope tied around one foot in case he angered God and had to be dragged out. :( But Jesus changed all that. He taught us that God was Abba, Daddy. We learned that what God wanted was for us to give Him our love. The Great commandment is that we are to love Him with all our hearts, minds, soul and strength and to love our neighbors as ourselves. :wub: So we are Priests now because we can approach God through Jesus now. As for reigning I belileve we will not reign until Jesus comes back with a shout and takes command. Glory! Glory! :rolleyes:

When Christ shall come, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. In that way as Christians we shall be reigning with him!!

I believe in the priesthood of all believers - when the temple curtain was rent in two, we were no longer separated from God's presence. We were able to make our own approaches to Him so in that way we were taking the place of the priests. Reigning now and reigning forever because we are no longer slaves to sin but slaves to God's love which reigns in our hearts.

What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)? A deep question, indeed! :blink: Do I believe we, as Christians will rule & reign on the earth later? Yes! In all aspects. Do I believe we rule & reign now? Yes! But not as some believe. Jesus came two thousand years ago, to "set-up" His kingdom ("The kingdom is within you") This was a spiritual kingdom. Jesus said "All power, & authority, has been given unto you" What is this authority? Its the name of Jesus, used by believers, in the spiritual relm. To many, today, are teaching that if you're not prospering, in the natural, that you're not living in the kingdom. That you are "missing it". What does this say, for all those believers, whom have given up everything...even their lives, in some cases? Yes! We rule today, Yes! We reign today; in the spiritual relm. The demons tremble, the spiritual world quakes, at a believer who knows who he is, in Christ. :lol: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a "spiritual" house, an Holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifice's, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" 1Peter-2:5.....

Q4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)? Exposition

I believe as Christians we should reign here on earth and serve Jesus Christ,and to carry out his policies where He has assigned us.We are deciples of God and each and everyone of us are given precious gifts,which we work through the Holy Spirit which is "God In US".When someone is put in our pathway we know what we are to do.Maybe that person needs prayer for healing or they have some sort of family situation and need prayer.They may want to receive Jesus as their personal Savior.We have many things to carry out on this rearth while we are here.."Feed the hungry and so on as we are instructed. I believe we do become Priests intering Priesthood. I believe we are to reign now and later.As Pastor Wilson is teaching us to just abserve for the present that the location of this reign is upon the earth,Right Now!~~

We are called priests because of the fact that we no longer need a particular person here on earth who will intercede for us or who will serve as intermediaries when we need to talk with the Lord. In fact, since we have the right to approach the Lord whenever we want to, it now becomes our responsibility to "intercede" for the people who come to us to seek for salvation. This is the reason why we are called to be "fishers of men." The respondibility now falls on us as the priests of the Lord because Jesus commissioned each and every Christian of this task before He was taken up to heaven. Jesus did this because He knew for a fact that He will only come down from heaven once to bring salvation to His people and that the next time He comes back will be to take up His people to live with Him in heaven. For now, this will be our "reign" here on earth as the priests of the Lord.

We are a kingdom, not to compete with Jesus but we serve in different areas(pastors, leaders. teachers) of God's earthly flocks to train God's people for their ministry to God. These leaders have no special favor or access to God than the most humble believers. PRIESTS: We do not have to approach a priest(human) to intercede for us, we can approach God directly. I believe we riegn now and later. We are a royal priesthood, set apart to do the work of God and if we stay obedient and keep the faith we will reign forever.

4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

The first thing I think we need to grasp is the fact that we are

The priest carried the sacrifice into God's presence according to the rules and laws that God covenanted with His people so that the whole nation could be forgiven of their sins. Would that we could carry Jesus as we enter into the presence of the Father and by lifting Jesus up show all people how much God wishes to save them by His great and awesome love. We are called to be priests, the real question is do we reign as we have been called?

Hey Juanita... good job. I really liked what was written.

I would like to believe we Reign with Christ now, but this sure does not feel like we are.

So therefore without scripture to input... I am believing we are not until He comes.

As far the first part of the question: Priests? a priest if doing what he should be doing is to Follow the Laws of God... then we as being Priests should be doing this also. A Priest shows himself to the world of the Godly things to which he is blessed; like revealing the word he is taught, charity given unto people, being humble, sacrifices of the flesh, communion with God... much prayer and witnessing. Hey guys that makes anyone who is a believer in Jesus/God and whomever will do these things a Priest!!! :blink:

Jesus makes this possible... so therefore He is in us by His word, by the Holy Spirit... but the Reigning will come. Hallelujah... and Amen. I just can't wait but I have to.

<_< Ya know I had to really go back and rethink that question about Reigning with Christ.

Certainly we may not FEEL like it. Certainly it may not SEEM like it. But who says it is all about what the Flesh Feels or Sees. We are talking about Jesus here, reigning in OUR LIVES... on earth just as in Heaven. If He does not REIGN ON EARTH in your LIFE now, you won't be in the KINGDOM while He is REIGNING. He has to REIGN in your life on earth as He will in Heaven. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Christ Reigns... has Reigned, and will Forever Reign. This is why the Word says... God is in Control. If He is in control of your life now while on earth... He is in Reigning. But one day... We will ALL be Reigning with Him together in the New Kingdom. Rejoice, Rejoice!!! Love you gals and guys... Sunshine :huh:

Q4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

Today's world is full of sin and corruption. Today's christians are called to be deciples of Jesus, to spread His word, and with Christ, bring lost sheep home to Him. But we are far from having full reign. The promised world will no longer be under the rule of corrupt governments and fear. The world that God promises to His Children is a world, here on Earth, where everyone follows His ways. We will be priests in that we will all know God, we will all be righteous, and we will all be in direct commune with Him.

Today, Jesus reigns in my life, and in the lives of my christian friends and family. But still, it is not enough.

Today, we are the children of God, but sin continues to be in our way of perfection. We must rely on Jesus and His perfect love, His perfect rightiousness, His mighty power. Later, after Jesus completes His task, we, the children of God will reign on Earth. :wub:

:) The significance of Christians "reigning on the earth" is to exercise authority in administering His will here on earth through the ministries where He had put us. To carry out His policies and to bear in mind that we are under a greater authority serving the King of kings and the Lord of lords. To remember fully that truly "He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world". ;)