JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

:) The significance of Christians "reigning on the earth" is to exercise authority in administering His will here on earth through the ministry where He had put us. To carry out His policies and to bear in mind that we are under a greater authority serving the King of kings and the Lord of lords. And to remember that truly "He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world".

Of being priests....we are God's people who can already approach God directly and do not need to go through a human intermediary as the Jews had to in their worship in the temple. As priests we can now enter boldly unto the throne of grace of God through Jesus Christ, the Lamb who was slain.

I think we are to reign now!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

Christians who reign on the earth, stop the enemy and his advances. (Just imagine the earth with no Christians whatsoever. Pretty scary.) We are all priests in the fact that now all can come to the throne of God and make requests. Jesus (who is considered after the order of Melchizedek) has washed us clean of sin so that we can now approach God personally and individually. I believe it is obvious in the bible that we are to reign now and later.

What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

The significance is that Christ has not only redeemed us-He has redeemed us with a purpose. We have the priviledge of serving Him. We have the priviledge of being priests-which was once an exclusive priviledge given only to Aaron's family. Now all believers can enter the throneroom and have direct access to the Father through our prayers and petitions. We can intercede on the behalf of others, we can minister to them because of our status as priests.

I think they are singing and celebrating our future reign in these verses. Someday we will be given future responsibities that are hard to even imagine now. We can certainly also prepare for this reign now, however, and I do think Christians reign in small capacities even now. When we take a part of this sinful, fallen world and use it for God's glory it is a part of the reigning process. Leading someone to Christ, celebrating Him in art and music, being the very best at our jobs-no matter what they are, these call all be examples of how Christians use the influence we have in the world to bring it into Christ's Kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...
Q4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)? Exposition

At the time, the priests were the only ones who had direct access to God through the Temple. Through Jesus Christ's sacrifice at the cross we now also have direct access to God through Him. I believe that our reign on the earth is both now and later. Now I think we are limited to a spiritual reign only because of our spiritual authority and spiritual position in Christ (Eph 2:6). In the future, we are to reign with Him in heaven and then also on the earth when He comes again to set up His kingdom on earth.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto GOD and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:5,6

These verses explain that we who know Jesus Christ as our personal Savior are priests and we reign now. We will also reign with him in the future.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I THINK THE SIGNIFICANCE OF US REIGNING ON THE EARTH IS SO THAT OUR LIGHT CAN SHINE INTO THE DARKNESS AND CAUSE OTHERS TO WANT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. JESUS GAVE US DOMINION OVER THE EARTH AND GAVE US THE POWER OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY..(LK 10;19), THEREFORE WE SHOULD BE REIGNING ON THE EARTH AS CHRISTIANS BY PRAYING AND STANDING IN THE GAP ON BEHALF OF THE LOST. AS WE WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO THE LORD AND LIVE THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IN FRONT OF OTHERS, I BELIEVE IT CREATES A HUNGER IN OTHERS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR FAITH IN CHRIST.

WE AS CHRISTIANS CAN BE PRIESTS UNTO GOD IN THE SENSE THAT WE CAN GO DIRECTLY TO THE THRONE ROOM OF GOD WITHOUT HAVING SOMEONE ELSE GO ON OUR BEHALF. BECAUSE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS WE CAN APPROACH GOD WITH ALL CONFIDENCE.

I THINK NOT ONLY ARE WE TO REIGN NOW BUT ALSO LATER BECAUSE WHEN JESUS COMES BACK TO SET UP HIS EARTHLY KINGDOM, I BELIEVE WE'RE GOING TO REIGN WITH HIM ...GOD BLESS.

• 2 months later...

Here in lies the rub, the kingdom of God is within us, we are called to be priests, a so in that sense we reign on earth now. However there is still the future when we have a new heaven and a new earth, where we will reign and be priests. The significance is that we are redeemed now unto that day, when the earth and mankind will be what God originally intended them to be in the first place, before sin in the Garden of Eden.

• 3 weeks later...
Q4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)? Exposition

We are a chosen people a royal priesthood ( Christians ) I believe we do reign here on earth, as we are here representing our Lord Jesus, as He lives within each Christian,

It says in His word that we are the light and Salt of the earth. B)

It is Jesus that shines from within us, ( Or should Shine from every Christian, If we are living a righteous life.) :rolleyes:

( THANK YOU JESUS.)

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

We to be adminstrators or subservants of the King of His reign here on Earth to carry out His commands as we are assigned.

Christ's death made all believers priests of God - the channels of blessing between God and people and we are to help carry out his work here on Earth.

We reign now and we will also reign in the future.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We, as a kingdom on earth & heaven

are to be priests--bringing others to Him--serving Him in everything we do

will reign on earth--I think our reign is begun on earth culminating in the new heavens & earth. I cannot be certain exactly what God has planned for us exactly, but I know it will be exciting!

• 3 months later...

In Old Testament times , people did not approach God directly . A priest acted as intermediary between God and sinful human beings . With Christ's victory on the cross , that pattern changed . Now we can come directly int God's presence without fear. We are united with Christ as members of His Body and we are represting Him here on earth. We are given the responsibilty of bringing others to Him, by living a holy life.

• 5 months later...

(Revelation 5:10) What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

God's plan is for Christians to reign as kings over the earth and serve Him as priests.

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Exodus 19:6 (KJV)

5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
Isaiah 61:5-6 (KJV)

• 3 years later...

(Revelation 5:10) What's the significance of Christians "reigning on the earth"? Of being "priests"? Do you think we are to "reign" now or later (or both)?

We shall reign on the earth because we have also overcome the world, not because of our own ability, but because of He who lives in us. We shall reign now and later.

• 8 years later...
On 3/29/2003 at 12:29 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Because there are many Antichrist’s and false prophets and evil people in general in the world.  However God wants Christians to reign for we are His children, we are obedient to Him and He is a faithful master.  Priest’s because the Word of God needs to be preached.  We are to reign later, for this world is very evil and the devil has slaves everywhere.  The Antichrist will come to power and many people will be deceived, until Armageddon occurs in which Jesus Christ leads His servants to victory and the beast and the false prophet are taken and cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.  Satan is bound for a thousand years then Christians will reign with Christ, afterwards the devil is let loose and he gathers his armies which are as many as the sand of the sea to Gog and Magog.  Then they surround the Holy city of God to attack, then fire comes from the mouth of God and destroys them all, and then Satan is cast alive into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are to be tormented day and night for ever and ever.