JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. May Your Kingdom Come

Q2. (Matthew 6:10) In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

In the sense that we are in agreement with the Father that His will be done on the earth and satan's rule be abolished. We are asking the Father's will to be done here on earth because we want the ultimate glory of the Lord Jesus Christ to rule and reign here as soon as possible...like today would be good...!

This prayer should affect our living in that we are always "on guard" with our "lamps full of oil"...joy in the Holy Spirit...watching and praying at all times.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Matthew 6:10) In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

Overall, as a Christian I am praying for God's will in my life and that will of God would have a higher priority in my life than my own will. I am praying that God's will would be exercised and carried out on this planet. To change the planet. I am praying for the Kingdom God to be lived out on this planet by the saints to transform this planet from its satanic priorities. For the salvation of lost souls.

In sum, I pray that God's will be realized and carried out in my life as well as throughout the world.

• 3 weeks later...

We are asking for His kingdom to come into our hearts. We are to live the life as He would. When we ask fo his will here on earth, it is because we are under submission to God's will in our life. When we are doing his will, his will will be done on eartgh. This prayer should affect our living by living the Christian life that we should by praying, reading the Word, and fellowshiping with Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

When we say to our God "thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven, we are calling upon God to reign on this earth by letting His will be done in all our lives. The Kingdom of God comes to us when God's will reigns in all that we do.

This is an important prayer. It makes us realise that the ultimate is th reign of God in our world. We should learn to make Him first in our lives and always submit to His will. The time when each human being submits to God, that time God's Kingdom will have been done and Jesus will make His triumphant return.

• 2 weeks later...

When we ask that the Father's Kingdom come, we are asking Him to come as He is the kingdom of heaven.

We ask for the Father's will to be done on earth because we are His disciples and our prayers must focus foremost on the will of the Father in our lives and then only are we to pray for ourselves. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God..."

This prayer helps us to keep our minds focussed on Christ and not to be conformed to the world, this will display itself in our lives we live as a witness for people.

Q2. (Matthew 6:10) In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

When we pray asking that the Father's kingdom should com we are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom in us, and throughout our world. We are praying that Christ might reign over all. We are also asking the Father to hasten the return of Jesus Christ to this earth.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

We are asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth because in His will we have the riches of heaven and a taste of eternal life here on earth.

How should this prayer affect our living?

We should be praying for the Father's will and living according to His will.

We are waiting for The Kingdom to come, so in that respect, we are wanting The Kingdom to come, and not only that, but all of God's will to be done here on Earth.

Whatever it means for His Kingdom to come-whatever the conditions have to be in order for that to happen-that is what we want. I don't know 'bout anyone else, but I'm ready to go!

Jesus said The kingdom is already in us. The Holy Spirit has taken up residence in us. So The Kingdom we are waiting for is eternal, and I got to go shout-bye!

We are waiting for The Kingdom to come, so in that respect, we are wanting The Kingdom to come, and not only that, but all of God's will to be done here on Earth.

Whatever it means for His Kingdom to come-whatever the conditions have to be in order for that to happen-that is what we want. I don't know 'bout anyone else, but I'm ready to go!

Jesus said The kingdom is already in us. The Holy Spirit has taken up residence in us. So The Kingdom we are waiting for is eternal, and I got to go shout-bye!

We are asking that the Father's kingdom should come in us and throughout the world, that Christ might reign over all and that His return be hastened.

We are asking for the Father's will to be done on earth as a way of acknowledging to God that it is His will that must take precedence, not our own, for he alone knows the whole story. In praying for this, we should ensure that our prayers are a reflection of unselfishness, in tune with and guided by God's will.

• 1 month later...
we are praying for peace. both inside us and then around us.that no weapon formed against us shall prosper...no matter the consequences, our peace surpasses all understanding, for it is from the lord.now that we are at rest in the lord, we have eternity to bring others to the knowledge of christ and his redemptive power, and truely love as he has loved us.

• 5 months later...

We must pray for the spiritual presence and the manifestation of the kingdom of God now. What God had promised, we must pray for. For his will to be done. To be done on earth we sincerely desire God's will and purpose to be fulfilled in our lives according to his eternal plan. We need to pray to be brought into obedience to the laws. We should pray "Lord, do what thou pleasest with me. That I am well satisfied with your counseling concerning my life. Enable me to do what is pleasing to you, give me the grace that is necessary to the right knowledge of your will and an acceptable obedience to it." We need to pray for his will, not ours, not the will of the flesh, or mind, or will of men, and not the devil's will. We should pray that we won't displease God in anything we do and we won't be displeased in God in anything he does. We pray that earth may be made more like heaven by the observance of God's will and that the saints may be made more like the holy angels in their devotion and obedience.

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking for the Fathers kingdom to come to the hearts of all men. That God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. So that all men can live in harmony as God intended. With love for all God's children. Our Father should always be on our minds that we carry out his plan, that God's will be done not our own selfish will. If we all lived God's will ther would be no war,no terrorist, no hate, only love for our brothers and sisters. In Christ name Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We are asking God to manifest His kingdom in us--so that others will see the way we yield to His sovereignty in our lives and in the way that believers submit to Jesus as the Lord of their lives--as well as to hasten the return of Jesus in power and great glory as the ruler of the universe.

When we say "Jesus is Lord", we are saying that we submit to God's rule and God's will. We therefore should be asking for God's holy Spirit to put our desires more in line with His rather than our own self- centered agendas and desires.

This prayer should affect our daily lives by making us think more about Kingdom concerns and what we can do to join with God in His work and His plan for the redemption of creation.

• 2 months later...

When we prayer, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, we are asking for the return of the Lord Jesus and his perfect rule. We should live in readiness for His return. We are also seeking His will on earth in the present.

• 2 months later...

We aks Jesus to come back.

Because it is all about His will and not about our will.

We should live according to His will.

• 9 months later...

Q2. (Matthew 6:10) In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? In 2 senses. First; that through us, God's kingdom will be established here on earth physically right now. This should affect our whole lives and everything we do. In everything we do here and now we are working towards the establishment of God's Kingdom. If we read what is said in the Bible about what God's Kingdom is, that gives some idea of what we are working for and it is a huge task! With the help and guidance of The holy Spirit though, that is what we are here for. Second, we are asking God to hasten the ultimate fulfillment of God's Kingdom, which will only occur when Christ returns.[/color]

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? Because everything which we are asking for should first and foremost be in accordance with God's will. How else can we establish God's Kingdom on Earth?

How should this prayer affect our living? Our primary task here on earth is to establish God's Kingdom here. That task should permeate everything we do and say.

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? We are asking for God's Kingdom to be established on Earth now. Therefore, we should be ready at any time for this to happen. That means we should have clean hearts so that we can be filled wih the Holy Spirit.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? We are asking this because Earth is overrun with evil. The Father's will is to cleanse the earth form evil and situate His kingdom in it.

How should this prayer affect our living? We should be filled with the Holy Spirit and have pure hearts with our mind fixed on God. Therefore, we will do all He tells us He needs us to do.

• 2 weeks later...

When I pray "Your kingdom come" I am not "asking" for anything but acknowledging who is King and who is in control and that it is for Him that I work. I am not king or queen as in my case, and therefore am not in control. This acknowledgement affects me as I seek perspective for my day and look at my world, my sphere of influence with Christ's perspective who humbled himself for us. If my King can do that so can I.

• 1 year later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? We are praying for Jesus Christ second coming, for His kingdom to fully reign over all of the earth. Until that time comes, we should experience Kingdom living, as His disciple His Kingdom is in heaven AND ALSO here now on earth through us.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? It should be in all Christians hearts to want to live the will of the Father. We must seek revelation and discernment through prayer petition to know and perceive God's will always. As Christians our first and utmost alliance should be in knowing God's will and living it.

How should this prayer affect our living? We should pray each line carefully. This is a prayer which can become common place and become repetitive and in doing such lose a lot of it's meaning. When we pay attention carefully to this prayer, it should affect us in the way that it perfects us to do God's will,to be God's Kingdom here on earth until the second coming of Jesus Christ. This prayer is the way Jesus taught us to pray we must seek to know it's true meaning and pray it often and with all our hearts heed the instruction given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let God's will be done, here on earth as it is in heaven through us, his disciples.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (Matthew 6:10)

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

We are asking the Father's Kingdom shuld come in the sense that, He should show and manifest his power and glory in us and that He should make quick the return of Jesus to the earth.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

We are asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth because our prayers should be guided by His will.

How should this prayer affect our living?

This prayer should affect our living in that, our life - whatever we do and think, is according to the will of God. This will make us genuine Christians.

• 1 year later...

When we pray and ask that the Father's kingdom come we are asking that He bring forth the power and all the glory of His kingdom in each of us and through out the world. When we pray for the Father's will to be done on earth  we are praying and asking that He would reign over us all. We want Him to return to us here on earth.  This prayer should affect us in that if we pray it we will LIVE it.  Our Father wants us to be as much like him as we can. We will be true apostles of Christ.

• 1 year later...

God's Kingdom will come completely when Jesus returns.  Until that time, we are to ask for God to show His power and the glory of His Kingdom through His Church and believers individually. This affects our lives personally as we try to live and pray in God's will, to do HIs work in our everyday lives.  This perspective of life will influence how we pray and live because God's Kingdom and His purposes will always be in view.

• 5 weeks later...

We are asking God to manifest the power and glory of his kingdom throughout the world.  We need our will to conform to his divine will for us.  We would walk in a way pleasing to God.

• 2 months later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? As our text states, we are asking God to manifest the power and glory of His kingdom in us, and throughout this world. We are asking the Father to hasten the acceptance of Jesus Christ on this earth to usher in His Kingdom. Luke 17:20-21 says “…The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” A person is brought into the kingdom of God when a person repents and decides to accept God as his King, and it is something that happens in a person's heart, not a political movement or visible display of God's power.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? I feel completely confident in God’s Divine providence, the governance of God by which He, with wisdom and love, cares for and directs all things in the universe. It is the recognition that God deserves all honor and glory, that God's Will is always the right direction to follow, no matter the circumstances in which we as human beings find ourselves. Proverbs 3:5-6 confirms this: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

How should this prayer affect our living? We need to, as with all scripture, understand the intended context and relevance. More than great literature, each statement in God’s Word is rich with knowledge and meaning. Knowing that this is Jesus’ pattern prayer for us should be all the motivation we need to not only follow it but to implement the concepts into our lives.